• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Documentaries

Started by aa1234779, August 20, 2017, 07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aa1234779

QuoteI wish you were right aa1234779. But I'm a bit puzzled. If God was so powerful, I'm wondering if there would be as many problems on the planet.
You should tell us where the Islamic caliphate and the generous caliph are, there are Syrian panhandlers sit on mattresses or sleeping in tents strewn with garbage on the avenue de Clichy who are waiting for your answer.

Check out this link, an interesting read, and it will answer this question:
Why Does Allah Allow Suffering and Evil in the World?
https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=885

As to the Islamic Caliphate and the generous Caliph, I'm afraid they aren't present in our day to take care of the millions of refugees that have left their countries. Some of the reasons are internal and some external, e.g. Sykesâ€"Picot Agreement and the likes of it. It does pose a problem that there isn't a safe haven for people of war-torn countries, most of whom are Muslims. Europe is reaping what it sowed during Colonialism, and post. They have a problem at their hands that must be dealt with, the refugees, and the reality that must be fixed by not interfering with coming transformations (hopefully peaceful) or engaging in ties with leaders that do no good for their people.

QuoteWell, I'm sure Maher is reading this topic with interest, not to say impatience. And I remember he was saying in a topic a few years ago that God had no son. He seemed a bit abashed when he was asked: what about Jesus? (at least that's the case for both Muslims and Protestants who think Jesus is not the son of God). Actually, you are a bit like him: you have a literary interpretation of religion, but it seems you don't feel free to give constructive criticism.
Well, I try my best to do so..

QuoteFrankly, do you think that a Caliphate forcing some communities to pay the Jizya would be attractive?

There is no forcing in Jizya, either pay up or pack up. Just like any other system of rule in the sense that you are not obliged to pay your taxes yet if you don't, their will be consequences like prison and fines and so on.

QuoteI also know that Judas Iscariot is not quoted in the Koran. Then do you believe Judas was crucified on the cross, in a case of mistaken identity instead of Jesus (I'm going to call him Issa, his Arabic name, in case you don't know him). Muslims teach that Judas Iscariot, the betrayer and thief, is the real saviour of Christians: it was actually Judas who actually died on the cross and because Judas had a similar physical appearance to Jesus even his own mother didn't recognize him at the foot of the cross. For 600 years Christians had been preaching Christ crucified.

There is no mention in Islamic sources of Judah being the one crucified, there is a story who Ibn Abbas, the cousin of the Prophet peace be upon him and the most knowledgible in Quranic meanings, that one of Prophet Issa's companions asked to turn himself in instead of Prophet Issa and in return be with Issa in heaven.

That day was a Friday, in the evening. They surrounded `Isa in the house, and when he felt that they would soon enter the house or that he would sooner or later have to leave it, he said to his companions, "Who volunteers to be made to look like me, for which he will be my companion in Paradise'' A young man volunteered, but `Isa thought that he was too young. He asked the question a second and third time, each time the young man volunteering, prompting `Isa to say, "Well then, you will be that man.'' Allah made the young man look exactly like `Isa, while a hole opened in the roof of the house, and `Isa was made to sleep and ascended to heaven while asleep
Ibn Abbas

QuoteThen Muhammad comes along, jumps off his camel and gets a direct revelation from God that the universal record of history and the 10,000 manuscripts of the Bible, are all wrong. The idea that Judas was crucified instead of Christ is a bit outrageous, what do you think about it?
There are historical facts that the original Bibles were changed after the Council of Nicaea and only traces of the original narrations are still present within the 20,000 or so editions of the Bible we see today which differ from each other.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
A new creed was in place for Christians to be followed (Trinity) and the Romans prevailed in changing the religion and it's texts.
As to the idea of Judas being the one crucified. I don't know, it could be him, it could be someone else. There is no hard evidence in Islamic scripture that it was him or a certain person other than the above narration of Ibn Abbas.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

It's impressive, you have a lot of knowledge.

My conclusion is simple : I won't invite you for a barbecue at my father's (pork cutlets after a little glass of Pastis). Or we'll have to change the menu. (I don't know if you drink alcohol, but I guess you don't). I don't know if Maher is in favor of Sharia, but he must be thinking you are even more "jusqu'au-boutiste" than him.

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on August 29, 2017, 02:30 PM
It's impressive, you have a lot of knowledge.

My conclusion is simple : I won't invite you for a barbecue at my father's (pork cutlets after a little glass of Pastis). Or we'll have to change the menu. (I don't know if you drink alcohol, but I guess you don't). I don't know if Maher is in favor of Sharia, but he must be thinking you are even more "jusqu'au-boutiste" than him.

hahaha I love barbecues too bad for me..

What's with the comparison to Maher (May Allah preserve him) in every post here? ;D
I haven't had the honor to know him, but I'm sure that he as a person coming from a Muslim culture has his own views on these issues. Disagreement can be a mercy. Sometimes.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)

scarface

Quote from: aa1234779 on August 29, 2017, 05:19 PM
hahaha I love barbecues too bad for me..
What's with the comparison to Maher (May Allah preserve him) in every post here? ;D
I haven't had the honor to know him, but I'm sure that he as a person coming from a Muslim culture has his own views on these issues. Disagreement can be a mercy. Sometimes.

Well, I was assuming you don't eat pork. But after all, we also made barbecued sardines, it's delicious. And like Maher you already speak a few words in French aa1234779 (now you know the words barbecue and sardines,  these words are the same in French).
As for Maher, I was referring to this topic: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=333.0
And I also know he's very religious (it's the first thing he asked me when I called him). But as far as Sharia is concerned, he does not live in a country where it is applied.
Actually few countries are fully applying Sharia law, and judging by your statements, you are probably living in one of the following countries or you are planning to do so: Mauritania, Sudan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Brunei.

scarface

I'm currently in a little park. It's hot here. And with this heatwave it was hard to work today.
I still don't know the whereabouts of our friend aa1234779, but I'm sure I'll know it one day.

And a little French lesson for aa1234779: You can say "Je veux un barbecue de sardines" but if you don't pronouce it very well and say "Je veux rejoindre Ansar Dine", the meaning is totally different.
A bad joke, I guess.

aa1234779

I'm currently in a little park. It's hot here. And with this heatwave it was hard to work today.
I still don't know the whereabouts of our friend aa1234779, but I'm sure I'll know it one day.
So you still don't know where I live. Yeah, I believe you. ;D
Anyways, I try to keep my location to myself for privacy reasons. What does that make me?

And a little French lesson for aa1234779: You can say "Je veux un barbecue de sardines" but if you don't pronouce it very well and say "Je veux rejoindre Ansar Dine", the meaning is totally different.
A bad joke, I guess.
Bad joke, but still funny. Millions of Muslims around the world are Pro-Sharia yet aren't extremists if you were hinting by the joke that I am.
What does Ansar Dine mean? The supporters of religion. If that's what you meant, not the armed groups, then all devout Muslims are Ansar. That support shouldn't be violent, it can be with conveying the message and showing the bright light of Islam that the international media doesn't or shows the opposite of.

Hud (11)

scarface

QuoteAnyways, I try to keep my location to myself for privacy reasons.

Because if you tell me you are in Lahore, and you are very happy, I can believe you. If you are currently in a café in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, drinking a beer, and telling me there is nothing better than Sharia, then I would think you're an hypocrite. In this case, it's true, you could be afraid I might pack my suitcase and go to your palace.
No matter anyway.

and here is a movie if you didn't watch it yet (les visiteurs, with english subtitles): https://ufile.io/q5ejd

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on August 29, 2017, 11:28 PM
QuoteAnyways, I try to keep my location to myself for privacy reasons.

Because if you tell me you are in Lahore, and you are very happy, I can believe you. If you are currently in a café in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, drinking a beer, and telling me there is nothing better than Sharia, then I would think you're an hypocrite. In this case, it's true, you could be afraid I might pack my suitcase and go to your palace.
No matter anyway.

and here is a movie if you didn't watch it yet (les visiteurs, with english subtitles): https://ufile.io/q5ejd
I don't really care if you think I could be in a palace boasting about Sharia or in a Paris bar or happy in Lahore. It's the ideas that matter most whether yours, mine, Maher's, humbert's etc... in the WWW, not the place of residence. Pressing me to say where I live is useless & invading of  something I choose to keep private. Thanks for the movie.

Hud (11)

humbert

Quote from: aa1234779 on August 29, 2017, 11:02 PM
Anyways, I try to keep my location to myself for privacy reasons. What does that make me?

Of course you have every right not do disclose your location, but my curiousity has gotten the best of me. Why in the world would you opt to do this? What's wrong with saying you're in [for example] Pakistan? It's not like we can find you by simply naming a county without the city, let alone put you in danger.

How about a region of the world instead of a country, e.g., North Africa, Middle East, Southwest Asia, North America, South America etc.

Just curious, that's all.

scarface

Apparently aa1234779 comes from a distant and conservative country. I don't know if the simple fact of browsing this forum is a risk for him, maybe, maybe not, but since I'm posting weird pictures, I guess he shouldn't use a smartphone in the street, as I do sometimes.
But as long as he doesn't talk about God, I guess he doesn't risk anything. Neither should you talk about the Baboon God of the forum, the people around you would make a confusion and think it's an act of apostasy.

And for those who want to become a cleric, it seems we are in a world where becoming caliph or messenger of God is more and more risky.
Indeed, In India, A controversial Indian guru convicted of rape on Friday has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Violence after Friday's verdict in Panchkula in northern Haryana state had killed some 38 people.
The self-styled holy man was found guilty of sexually assaulting two female followers and jailed for 10 years for each, to run consecutively.
There were initial reports of a 10-year sentence but his lawyers confirmed the sentencing was of consecutive, not concurrent, terms.
A lawyer for the victims said 50 women had come forward with allegations of rape and they would be seeking further investigation in the case.
"We believe there are at least 48 more victims who were sexually abused and who may have been killed or are too scared to come out and testify against Ram Rahim," lawyer Utsav Singh Bains told AFP.
Ram Rahim Singh denies charges of murder in two cases due to be heard next month.

The Indian messenger of God