• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

How to convert PPSX to PPS or PPT in Office ?!!

Started by Ahmad, February 29, 2012, 08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

If I open a 2007 format PowerPoint slide show (PPSX) with Office PowerPoint and want to convert it to a 2003 format (PPS).

Is there any way to do that in Office PowerPoint <Any version> ?!!

Actually, I have some (PPSX) (Office 2007 format) files and I want to convert them to 2003 format (PPS) or (PPT).
I use Office 2003 and with it I use Office compatibility pack to enable me to preview 2007 formats in Office 2003. But when the PPSX is large like those I have (35MB), It took me more than 2 Min just to open it because of my slow computer. !!  ;D
So, I want at least to convert 2007 format to any 2003 format, but Office doesn't show me the Sava As command during slide show.

I used Office 2007 and 2010 but none of them showed me the Save As command during slide show.

Thanks for your support.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

BLADESHARK

First I should recommend you to install Office 2010.

Comming to the point:
After you open the document then you have to go to file and select save as
there there are many options in which you want to save eg. (97-2003) format.

I tried it and it worked, But I have Office 2010 installed. :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

Quote from: BLADESHARK on March 01, 2012, 08:20 AM

Comming to the point:
After you open the document then you have to go to file and select save as
there there are many options in which you want to save eg. (97-2003) format.

I tried it and it worked, But I have Office 2010 installed. :)

Thanks for reply, bro.
But I realize that I was missing an easy way to do this ;;;

As you know if you open a PowerPoint slide show by double clicking the PPSX file, the file opens in a slide show mode and it doesn't show you the menu bar or any tool bar and so you can't save it as another format because it's not available in slide show mode.

The easy way that was not present on my mind is to open the PowerPoint program first <2007 at least> , then from it open the slide show file (PPSX), then save it as the format you want <97-2003 for example>.

Also, I found a solution for those who use Office 2003 with the compatibility pack in addition to it ;;;

Office 2003 can't open these files DOCX, PPTX, PPSX because they are 2007 formats.
To open them with 2003, you need to install Office compatibility pack beside Office 2003 to make Office 2003 able to preview and understand 2007 formats.
For download and more information about Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3

When you open a PPSX file which is 2007 format with PowerPoint 2003 + compatibility pack , the file is being converted in the background to 2003 format then, PowerPoint 2003 previews the resulting file after conversion. >>>  You can find the converted file <2003 format> in the TEMP folder which is for XP:
"C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp"

But be aware that the 35 MB PPSX file <2007 format> was converted with me to 350 MB PPS file <2003 format> !!!  :o :o

Finally, It seems that I had to ask first to think of a solution then !!!  ;D

Ahmad

Quote from: BLADESHARK on March 01, 2012, 08:20 AM

Hello again, friend.  :)

Why do you recommend 2010 than 2007 ?
Is 2007 slow as being said about it or because of 2010 is newer or what?.

What I liked about 2007 ;;;
- Less size than 2010 .
- A serial solves the activation problem <I know about 2010 activation tools>.

You know, I trust your experience.  :)

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on March 01, 2012, 12:14 PM
Why do you recommend 2010 than 2007 ?
Is 2007 slow as being said about it or because of 2010 is newer or what?.

Why do people prefer to climb Everest instead of K2? Because it's higher!  :)  Sure, Office 2010 has plenty of bloat, but if you select "Custom Installation" you can remove the bloat you don't want.

Quote from: Ahmad on March 01, 2012, 12:14 PM
- A serial solves the activation problem <I know about 2010 activation tools>.

There are more Windows/Office activators out there than there are women! Besides, Bill Gate$ knows more about them than we do. The thing is he is an intelligent man and, as such, he wants a situation where his products will saturate the market like Bubonic Plague. How can superior operating systems like Linux or the MacOS compete when everyone's got Windows?

Think about it.

BLADESHARK

This Chart should show you the difference between Office 2010-2007-2003 :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

Thanks guys.  :)
I'll read your chart, BLADESHARK.
Thanks for support.  :D