• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: invory on June 28, 2022, 01:00 PMThere is no option for Windows Vista in the "OS supported" setting. When will this be updated?
Were already working and testing with the beta versions.

��
Is this a question about Vmware?

scarface

Quote from: invory on June 28, 2022, 01:00 PMThere is no option for Windows Vista in the "OS supported" setting. When will this be updated?
To humbert, Vasudev and Maher:
I'm wondering if invory is not a "spammer". The message above doesn't make sense (no need to answer about windows Vista and "the beta versions"). What's more, the mail address of this user is listed in the spam emails of at least one forum...
If it's the case, I suggest deleting the messages of this user.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on June 28, 2022, 08:36 PM
I'm wondering if invory is not a "spammer". The message above doesn't make sense (no need to answer about windows Vista and "the beta versions"). What's more, the mail address of this user is listed in the spam emails of at least one forum...
I wonder the same, but I also wonder about the users registration date.. Feels odd to have a 10 year old spam account.

I checked the listed skype email on https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and the amount of results was astounding for being a "real" email. It surely has to be a spam mail of some sort?

scarface

-
Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 28, 2022, 08:44 PM
Quote from: scarface on June 28, 2022, 08:36 PM
I wonder the same, but I also wonder about the users registration date.. Feels odd to have a 10 year old spam account.

I checked the listed skype email on https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and the amount of results was astounding for being a "real" email. It surely has to be a spam mail of some sort?
It's weird indeed.
Actually after the 1st message I already had doubts. It seemed unreal to ask for help for a duct tape dummy in exchange for a donation.
when looking for this email on google, it seems it registered to other forums in November 2012 too. What's more, it spent only 4 minutes online on the forum. It's a too short to write two messages, unless they were pasted.
Finally, the titles of the topic are "broken" each time in the answers of invory. The answer doesn't appear with the original title but with "-" each time. I did this with my current answer, and it looks weird on the homepage...

humbert

Spammers always post ads or links to products or services they want you to buy. They have something to gain when someone clicks, let alone buys into their garbage. In this regard Invory doesn't qualify. Why would anyone, human or bot, take the time to post stuff doesn't make any sense?

I say let's watch this human/bot a little longer before taking more drastic action.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on June 29, 2022, 06:20 AMSpammers always post ads or links to products or services they want you to buy. They have something to gain when someone clicks, let alone buys into their garbage. In this regard Invory doesn't qualify. Why would anyone, human or bot, take the time to post stuff doesn't make any sense?

I say let's watch this human/bot a little longer before taking more drastic action.
Quote from: humbert on June 29, 2022, 06:20 AMSpammers always post ads or links to products or services they want you to buy. They have something to gain when someone clicks, let alone buys into their garbage. In this regard Invory doesn't qualify. Why would anyone, human or bot, take the time to post stuff doesn't make any sense?

As sinister as it may sound; AI training.
The idea was sparked in me by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oppj9MdNf44

It could be that it makes vaguely comprehensible to spark debate and to make the poster look legitimate, and so that if one day it wants to spurt out propaganda it could without looking as shady. Or to use the replies as material in the training to comprehend what is being spoken about.

In all honesty. I vote for keeping the bot/person for now just to see what fun stuff will be posted about, as long as no clear malice/advertisment is being done.

humbert

I agree with Shadow's opinion as to Invory.

I'm not too familiar with AI. In order to spark a debate you at least need to be understood. If indeed Invory is an AI program then all he's achieved is a discussion among other users as to what to do with him