• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

problem on computer

Started by zzeevveenn, March 05, 2013, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzeevveenn

A friend gave me a computer that wasn't working,i just formated the hard drive and installed windows xp again,now sound and dvd are not working,everything else is ok,so, i think is just the drives,but at the moment i was looking on the net for the drives,is asking me for computer brand and model,the cpu doesn't have any name on it and on system information only says Maher's digital World,it's the first time i heard of this so i looked on google and here i am,do you think you can help me locating the drives i need?

humbert

One thing you absolutely must know is what motherboard you've got as well as all your other hardware. Otherwise, locating drivers is impossible. This is expecially true when you work with something as arachaic as XP, which was around probably before the computer you received was manufactured.

Ahmad

Quote from: zzeevveenn on March 05, 2013, 10:15 PM
A friend gave me a computer that wasn't working,i just formated the hard drive and installed windows xp again,now sound and dvd are not working,everything else is ok,so, i think is just the drives,but at the moment i was looking on the net for the drives,is asking me for computer brand and model,the cpu doesn't have any name on it and on system information only says Maher's digital World,it's the first time i heard of this so i looked on google and here i am,do you think you can help me locating the drives i need?

Hello :)
That computer should have a DVD of its drivers.
If not, and if you can't know the brand of those uninstalled drivers, try:
DriverPack Solution
It shall search for uninstalled drivers on that PC and install the appropriate one automatically.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.