• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Situation in Gaza

Started by humbert, December 12, 2023, 05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I thought I'd ask you guys your opinion on this issue because, honestly, I don't know what to think.

As of today's date the world press is full of news concerning what is going on in Gaza. Just about all news agencies deliver editorialized reports. That makes it harder to form an opinion. So here we go.

As I've mentioned many times on here, I am no fan of Israel. The Israelis are parasites in how they use the United States to their advantage. They also build illegal settlements in the West Bank and are quick to abuse Palestinians. Despite all this and despite what's being reported in the world press, I'm thinking this time with Gaza they just might be right.

This crisis began when Israel was rocket-attacked on Oct 7th. Any country will immediately react militarily when such a thing happens. Gaza is tiny. Hamas has nowhere to hide. They have no choice but to hide among the civilian population and put civilians in harms way. Even if Gaza were bigger it makes no sense to separate their bases from the civilian population. Doing so would make them targets and Israel would promptly obliterate them.

If all this is correct, then who exactly is responsible for the killing of innocents in Gaza?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 12, 2023, 05:20 AMI thought I'd ask you guys your opinion on this issue because, honestly, I don't know what to think.

As of today's date the world press is full of news concerning what is going on in Gaza. Just about all news agencies deliver editorialized reports. That makes it harder to form an opinion. So here we go.

As I've mentioned many times on here, I am no fan of Israel. The Israelis are parasites in how they use the United States to their advantage. They also build illegal settlements in the West Bank and are quick to abuse Palestinians. Despite all this and despite what's being reported in the world press, I'm thinking this time with Gaza they just might be right.

This crisis began when Israel was rocket-attacked on Oct 7th. Any country will immediately react militarily when such a thing happens. Gaza is tiny. Hamas has nowhere to hide. They have no choice but to hide among the civilian population and put civilians in harms way. Even if Gaza were bigger it makes no sense to separate their bases from the civilian population. Doing so would make them targets and Israel would promptly obliterate them.

If all this is correct, then who exactly is responsible for the killing of innocents in Gaza?
This problem is not new. The book « A qui la palestine ? » (who owns Paestine?) written jean pierre migeon in 1970, explains that Palestine had a tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce. This territory is unique due to its historical significance.
In fact, Palestine was conquered a numerous times .In the 7th century, Palestine was conquered by the Rashidun Caliphate, ending Byzantine rule in the region; Rashidun rule was succeeded by the Umayyad Caliphate, the Abbasid Caliphate, and the Fatimid Caliphate. Following the collapse of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, which had been established through the Crusades, the population of Palestine became predominantly Muslim. In the 13th century, it became part of the Mamluk Sultanate, and after 1516, part of the Ottoman Empire. During World War I, it was captured by the United Kingdom as part of the Sinai and Palestine campaign. Between 1919 and 1922, the League of Nations created the Mandate for Palestine, which directed the region to be under British administration as Mandatory Palestine.
So if we go back to the beginning of the 20th century, Palestinians are English. That's probably why most of them speak English. They are well-behaved too. But the book doesn't give a clear answer. Who owns Palestine today? The Palestinians? The Jews? The English?

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 13, 2023, 04:59 PMThis problem is not new. The book « A qui la palestine ? » (who owns Paestine?) written jean pierre migeon in 1970, explains that Palestine had a tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce. This territory is unique due to its historical significance.

I'm aware of long history that area has had for well over 2,000 years. But that's not what my post was about.

As you know, I don't exactly like Israel. Yet from what I'm seeing and despite the endless criticism in the world press, I can't help but believe that this time they're right. Hamas must blend with the civilian population because there is nowhere else to hide. They knew this perfectly when they started their rocket attacks on October 7th. Who then is resposible for the endless killing of innocent civilians? Or did the leaders of Hamas believe they could launch all their rockets without provoking a military response?

Is there anyone on the forum who disagrees or believes my facts are wrong? If so, please speak up.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 14, 2023, 05:54 AM
Quote from: scarface on December 13, 2023, 04:59 PMThis problem is not new. The book « A qui la palestine ? » (who owns Paestine?) written jean pierre migeon in 1970, explains that Palestine had a tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce. This territory is unique due to its historical significance.

I'm aware of long history that area has had for well over 2,000 years. But that's not what my post was about.

As you know, I don't exactly like Israel. Yet from what I'm seeing and despite the endless criticism in the world press, I can't help but believe that this time they're right. Hamas must blend with the civilian population because there is nowhere else to hide. They knew this perfectly when they started their rocket attacks on October 7th. Who then is responsible for the endless killing of innocent civilians? Or did the leaders of Hamas believe they could launch all their rockets without provoking a military response?

Is there anyone on the forum who disagrees or believes my facts are wrong? If so, please speak up.

For the Hamas leaders, Israel is not legitimate, and it is a territory to be reconquered. They don't accept the 1949 armistice lines between Israel and its Arab neighbors, which for the first time divided Jerusalem into eastern and western sectors and created the West Bank and Gaza as geopolitical entities. In this context, it's difficult to solve that problem. Strangely enough, the Hamas leaders are not present in the Gaza strip to elaborate a solution. Some live in luxury hotel suites in Qatar. Those who are still in Gaza are either civilians of fighters.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 14, 2023, 08:14 PMFor the Hamas leaders, Israel is not legitimate, and it is a territory to be reconquered. They don't accept the 1949 armistice lines between Israel and its Arab neighbors, which for the first time divided Jerusalem into eastern and western sectors and created the West Bank and Gaza as geopolitical entities. In this context, it's difficult to solve that problem. Strangely enough, the Hamas leaders are not present in the Gaza strip to elaborate a solution. Some live in luxury hotel suites in Qatar. Those who are still in Gaza are either civilians of fighters.

I know all that.

It's clear that Hamas has resorted to put Palestinian civilians in danger. As much as I hate to admit it, this time Israel is right. Those bosses who live in luxury hotels don't care about the lives of the Palestinians. This is especially true when Hamas knows there is no way they can win this thing. It is they who are guilty of a war crime. Israel had no choice but to defend itself and, sadly, Palestinians who want no part of this conflict are stuck in the middle.