• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

your opinion about e-cigarette

Started by scarface, July 13, 2013, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Daniil -> Even if you create an economic solar panel that can charge a car battery in the sun, who would buy it? The battery retains its charge for months. In an emergency a pair of jumper cables would solve the problem if somebody else volunteers their car to help you start. And of course, if you have a stick-shift car you can push start it. Probably 99% of Americans can't drive a stick.

scarface -> Who said anything about e-cigs being safe? I said they were safer when directly compared to regular cigs, and were a good alternative for somebody like iih who was having a problem quitting. As you know, nicotine is a toxin that can easily kill you. Tobacco plants produce it to defend themselves against caterpillars and other organisms that would normally eat their leaves. The problem is it's a double-edged sword - a quantity insufficient to kill you produces an addictive calming effect. To make matters worse, the body metabolizes it very fast, which is why smokers often smoke and smoke and smoke - they're trying to keep the high going. The advantage of e-cigs is that nicotine is the only toxin you get. With regular ones you get carbon monoxide, partially consumed hydrocarbons, oxides of nitrogen and other good stuff along with the nicotine. And of course as you know, e-cigs don't smell and therefore eliminate the horrendous stench.

scarface

Well, humbert is probably right, nothing is safe. Not so long ago, I heard a man died after taking pure caffeine. That's not a reason to stop drinking coffee, let alone stopping ecigarettes, since they have not proved to be harmful.
I know that advertising is forbidden down below, but I'm taking the risk. You know, I was thinking that after meeting humbert, Nietzsche was so blown away that he invented the concept of Superman. Then, after his journey in Palestine and his thorough discussion with Maher, he concluded that God was dead. Therefore, Maher or humbert are way too important to do any harm in here (Ahmad too, let's not forget him).
I was joking.

So, I tested another excellent liquid, called fifth rank and made by Five pawns. This liquid is a bit expensive but it has a very good taste, a lively fusion reminiscent of the lost vintage drink known as the “Lime Rickey,” but with a substituted sweet champagne. The effervescent note of horehound herb is counterbalanced by a sweet cream, vanilla bean, roasted almond, and a twist of lime. The Five pawns products are high end liquids with subtle aromas, made in California by a former cook.
You can find these liquid on internet: http://fivepawns.com/
and in Paris too, at the e8 shop: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/E8-Comptoir-de-la-Cigarette-Electronique/628789490534999

humbert

@Scarface - In no way is your post considered "advertizing". This is merely a recommendation, which is very different.

I'm not surprised that guy died after drinking pure caffeine. Caffeine is a neurotoxin just like nicotine. Plants that produce these chemicals do so in order to defend themselves against insects that would otherwise eat them alive. As we all know, these chemical produce beneficial but highly addictive effects in humans and other mammals. And of course anything in excess is dangerous - 5 liters of pure clean water will kill you.

I don't think a guy like Nietzche would have been impressed atfter meeting me. :)

scarface

I went to another shop to test some e-liquid. I found a good one, an home-made product by a craftsman of the street Menilmontant in Paris 20.
The way of Samovar is a luxury product, presented with a beautiful bottle sealed with a cap covered with wax. This liquid has a sweet, refined and complex tobacco taste. It contains spicy and woody aromas, a mix of tea and white maple syrup. This premium liquid, quite dry and not very sweetened, whose aromas are perfectly mixed, seems to be the adequacy between the softness of a pinot and the strenght of a Japanese whisky.
However, even with 6mg of nicotine, the hit is quite strong.
It's not an advertisement, but if you want you can call to order a bottle, they can be sent abroad. The salesclerk is a friend of mine.

humbert

Like I said below recommendation ≠ advertizement.

Let me ask you, how do you ingest the contents of that bottle you're telling us about?

scarface

Did you see the first post humbert?
If you ever buy some eliquid, don't drink it or use a syringe, you would meet a sticky end.
If you dont know if ecigs are currently allowed in your country, use this link:
http://visual.ly/interactive-world-vaping-map-ecigarette-users?view=true
It's still unclear in some countries. It's allowed in most states of the US, in France, in Pakistan, in India, but whereas ecigs are banned in Egypt, it's legal to vape...
I don't know if it's allowed in Palestine, maybe the master could enlighten us and tell us if he has ever seen some people smoking the electronic wand in the streets of his town.

humbert

E-cigs are legal here. In fact, I don't permit smoking in my home but e-cigs are en exception. They do not have the disgusting smell the regular ones do.

I'm not too clear on the method of delivery of the product in the bottle. The e-cigs I've seen are long rods with a battery and a nicotine pack. Some of them have replaceable nicotine packs and even batteries, but I've yet to see a device compatible with a bottled product.

scarface

For those who want to order liquids with or without nicotine, I tried a new premium brand that I wanted to advertise.
This brand is ambrosia. I tried a fragrance called Notos, which is rather soft and tastes like green tea and lime.
Here is the website: http://www.ambrosia-paris.fr/

humbert

Why would anyone want to order vaping products without nicotine? As far as I know this is the active ingredient that produces the calming effect.