• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 SP1-U dism problem

Started by harkaz, July 28, 2013, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

I dont use activators...microsoft really found some ways to prevent piracy with windows 8 but in reality Im bothered by the fact it cant be installed completely unattendly.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 10, 2013, 01:06 AM
I dont use activators...microsoft really found some ways to prevent piracy with windows 8 but in reality Im bothered by the fact it cant be installed completely unattendly.

If you don't use activators, what do you use? I know you didn't exactly buy it.

Don't worry about Microsoft. They might pretend to be against piracy, but that's just a smokescreen. They know perfectly that without piracy there is no chance of having a "Windows everywhere" scenario. There are many examples of this.

scarface

windows 8? I dont use it. As for 7 my version is just not activated.

scarface

to harkaz: if you want to boot vmware or virtualbox from a usb key, here is the iso to mount: http://download.plop.at/files/bootmngr/plpbt-5.0.15-test.zip
choose usb and then:

humbert

@Scarface - thanks for that link. I know what VMware and VirtualBox are all about. What I'm not too sure about is how you can use this test file to run an OS under VMware or Vbox. Can you enlighten me?

It would be great to run a test OS booting everything from a USB 3.0 drive instead of having to install stuff on your HD. I don't know if this can do that.

scarface

if you have your os on a bootable key, whatever it is, then the iso in the archive can be used to boot on the key on a virtual machine.

harkaz