• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Quote from: mmosT on September 14, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hi! I have a little question for you. I am currently downloading the august 2011 version of your xp. (torrent from TPB). I am using a dial up internet which gives me 20bkps max. So, It is about to take another 14 or so hours to download the complete iso.

Well, My question is, Is this version of Xp, suports the 'sfc /scannow ' command? I am asking such because, currently I am using some, 2 year old modified Xp downloaded from some torrent, and in it, whenever I try to run sfc, it gives Me an error message "The RPC server is not available"

I love testing new antivirus software s, you can call it my hobby. I keep changing my AV at least once in a week or so. And due to this testing, my os files keep getting corrupted and replaced with strange once, that's why I need sfc to run so badly.

I have downloaded 100mb already or aug. release, I would like to know should I go for the sept. release? What is new in that?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance. I am waiting eagerly for you response.
Yes, it supports that function.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Quote from: zeroameca87 on September 15, 2011, 01:03 AM
Hello I am new to all this and have a question I have been able to solve. I am running XP Professional x86 in Spanish. I have recently tried upgrading through microsoft upgrader and have succefully added SP3 but now at start up I get a notification I am running a counterfit operating system. This computer was bought some years back, so this might be true. I just want to know how to make the startup notification go away. I also can not run Windows Update because of this and can not get the latest updates. Anyone have a clue as in what I can do, again I am running Xp Professional SP3 in Spanish! I tried installing your latest release but the language files arent compatible.
http://supremophantom.blogspot.com/

Maher

Quote from: danjoe on September 15, 2011, 03:42 PM
Hi Friends,
download PowerISO, mount ISO, choose speed (12 to 24) and burn with PowerISO on a blanc CD.
TNX Maher!
Anytime :)

Maher

Quote from: Windy on September 15, 2011, 08:24 PM
I have got the Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.April.2011.SATA.By.Maher release. I burned it to cd and popped it into an older pc which was running xp previously, it recognizes the HD and the CD drive which I am going to be using for install and I have set the boot to CD. It says, boot form cd: then goes into a message, disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

I have checked the disk on another system and it opens up into the windows installation just fine.
Any help. I am running a pentium 4 1.3ghz, it will be a work horse for some simple tasks, with a WDC ROM MODEL-MAMMOTH, 80GB. One thing, I have read these hds can go bust quite easily, do you think this maybe the case?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windy
May be it's your HD. Can't really tell!

Maher

Quote from: Ball82979 on September 15, 2011, 08:33 PM
I am sorry if this question has already been answered. When I downloaded the file, the default program opener was WinRAR. I can't open the .rar by double-clicking on it, but it use "Open With" Winrar, I can see the .iso inside, but I can't extract it.

I was wondering how do you burn the .ISO onto a CD. Every time I try to burn the .ISO, I would receive an "Unable to access image file" error.  Or I would get a "XXX.ISO" does not exists.
The RAR file you're talking about is the ISO file you're looking for!
Don't extract it. Just get any burning software and burn it.
Good luck.

Maher

Quote from: Lordroyal on September 16, 2011, 07:34 AM
Okay the first time I have installed Windows XP on a computer.

When I put my internet plug into my laptop it doesnt detect it, like how Windows 7 autodetects internet connections. Nor does there seem to be any option to detect a wireless connection

I know there must be in a future XP update or something but I cant connect to the internet to find out.

Please help!
Use a driver detection software.
Driver Genius or Driver Pack Solution.
Google them.

fascinaion

Hey, Maher is Media Player 11 integrated  on your winxp sp3 integ...

Maher

Quote from: fascinaion on September 17, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hey, Maher is Media Player 11 integrated  on your winxp sp3 integ...
No, but you can install it yourself later.

Cojon

I have no idea what I'm doing. This, like all forums except a few, is so horribly confusing to new people they generally flee like rats in a fire. 

What appears to be the front page of the windows help portion of this has text to "post here" but as always, and in absolute frustration I poke and click on every designated pixel I see but nothing opens a method allowing that action.  So here I am. Not as directed, but in the absence of a front door, I was forced to walk through the kitchen--or perhaps the window would be more descriptive.  Yes, I know I will be insulted by someone assuming that "everyone know how to post to a forum" but the factual, intelligent reality is quite the opposite. Many would be as lost as I and simply turn around and flee like rats from a fire finding that confusion.

OK, enough of that.

I'm trying to find someone who knows what needs to be extracted from a Windows black edition to make a Micro XP setup run with that theme. I presume it is from Vista or 7. 

While I'm certain I can do it, I'm in my seventies and prefer writing books over coding as my short term memory--as expected--has been exhibiting some synaptic wilting and that makes coding and OS investigation extremely tedious, overly frustrating, and far too time consuming for me to find enjoyable as I did in my youth. I probably don't drink enough beer and far too much Dr. Pepper to keep my brain well lubed.   

Anyway...
About five years ago I took XP apart and whittled it down to size so the kernel (or sort of the kernel--it's windows you know) could live contentedly on a 1.5Gib volume, dropping the usual suspects, and allowing the other stuff an escape to volumes of their own.  I built in some extra space (and still have a lot of room left) for apps that I could not coax into believing that M: was actually C:. 

I finally got so discouraged with the bloody bug invasion and coders willing to make a living by disturbing the rest of us, I went to this trouble.  It worked well however and has been absolutely rock solid and virus free since.  I just wish I could get well advertised as stable Linux to be stable . . . and fast. Fedora was solid but I'm getting on in years and punch too many wrong keys with fingers suffering from arthritis. I prefer a decent GUI at my age. I tried a few other Linux distros and settled on Ubuntu--mostly for the Gnome GUI desktop I suppose. 

Ha! Linux was faster initially--before I began carving that is. Now XP is the screamer, and solid too!  I did a search and found your site and the Micro XP. I'm happy to know someone else has gone through that and I'm pleased to see him offer it as a download. I suppose I should look at it. I presume from what I have read that it is superbly and tightly done.   

I do run a few Mib's in pagefile.sys on F: drive (XP's current home) and 328Kib's in three files on F:\Program files, but have 70Gib's in M:\Programs where XP and 7 share the installed apps.  I did roughly the same with 7 getting it down to about 4Gib's but it never achieved the rock stability I had with XP and I brought it back up to 8Gib's retaining the bulk of it and moving only program files, doc&sett, the swap and the temp stuff as I did with windows. I didn't have a lot of luck kicking the junk out without something screaming bloody murder, and decided it was easier to ignore 7 and use Linux (now 10.04 LTS) and XP.

It was all reasonably easy, just basic registry and environment stuff, a silent install, batch files and scripting, but I don't think it's in my cars to do again. 

That provided a stable platform and I made a 2Tib quad booter on a 2.4GB intell CPU in an old Dell case.  I stuck on a Linux and Hackintosh OS, and was pretty content, save for the speed. Linux is really quite pretty, and I find myself enjoying the darker themes. The Mac was my graphic machine. That was then, and now with Photoshop CS5, Bibble and some of the OnOne apps and Topaz, and tons of raw photo stuff that can be 35Mib's as well as huge Tiff's I have changed things. I dropped the Hackintosh, and revised Windows XP and 7 a bit more, but I would like to get XP's appearance up a bit.   

I was here thinking I would have to do it all over again, stripping a system of the theme and then adding it to mine, but after checking out the Micro XP and wandering around online I see that it just may be possible to either find what I need ready to go, or some assistance to create a black theme that looks like Vista in my skinny old XP. 

It wouldn't hurt if you could direct me to a complete set of instructions or where I could download a stripped Win 7 with stability and cured of it's bad habit of being upset at every little thing! Fussy OS that 7.

Many thanks!

bongo

Hey man. Great forum!

Problem: just d/l your xp torrent, and it says you don't need product key.
But when installing, I get the prompt for it and can't continue without it.

Please advise.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I got it. Just in case it happens to somebody else, make sure you boot from CD.
Thanks again.