• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Quote from: KeepItReal on October 27, 2011, 07:26 PM
Hi, thanks guys for your fast responses..anyway..
I burned it 3 times lol but I didnt mount it or unmount it or something with daemon tools..just burned it..(image file is it right?not iso?otherwise it would say at the end '.iso', wouldnt it?

I dunno what I did exactly (it was a time ago) but I suppose that I've extracted the file with Winrar.

I meant Mount. Cant I just burn it with Nero startsmart essentials( I did already now 3 times, burned the XP 3 times:P)
But what I mean is do I have to Mount it with daemon tools? I guess no, cuz I dont need it to open it from my drive..but just boot it when i start the pc..
Thanks.
Don't extract it! It's not a RAR file. It might look like a RAR file, but it isn't.
It's actually an ISO file that can be burned using any burning software.
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

kbizzle

First off, Thank you. Everything installed great. Now my second question.... I know that the OS is updated to SP3 and is activated through October to receive updates but what happens after that?? Is it eventually gonna say Windows needs to be activated?? If so, can you suggest a good activator program to allow updates and also keep it from getting the WGA check?? Thanks again.

kbizzle

Ok. I will take your word for it. I apologize for my concern, I just have had similar Windows by different people that claimed the same thing but within a few months the WGA popped back up. I really appreciate the great download. Thank you!!

nexus

whats the password to the rar dude

pumatronic

Hi there, folks.

I've been having trouble installing Maher's copy. The setup wouldn't find any drives installed.
After extensive research i found out that some older machines(mine is a 2005) don't support Windows CDs with pre-added SATA drivers.
I tried installing another Windows CD without pre-added SATA drivers and it worked.

I thought i should post it here for any other users who might have the same issues and have older machines.

Thanks anyway, Maher, and good luck.

Jano

Maher

Maher

Quote from: pumatronic on October 28, 2011, 10:03 AM
Hi there, folks.

I've been having trouble installing Maher's copy. The setup wouldn't find any drives installed.
After extensive research i found out that some older machines don't support pre-added SATA drivers(mine is a 2005).
I tried installing another Windows without pre-added SATA drivers and it worked.

I thought i should post it here for any other users who might have the same issues and have older machines.

Thanks anyway, Maher, and good luck.

Jano
Happy you finally installed XP on your PC.
And thank you for explaining the issue.

nexus

That guy posted a antiwpa file to download bit its a Rar and passworded I was just gonna have a look at it

Maher

Quote from: nexus on October 28, 2011, 04:28 PM
That guy posted a antiwpa file to download bit its a Rar and passworded I was just gonna have a look at it
Got it. The password is:
SupremoPhantom

Br000ke

Hey Maher !

There is a little problem with the installation for me.. I started the installation and it asked me for a serial key. (yea I didnt burn that .iso to a cd, just ran that setup.exe file...). Then I used the serial key that u posted to another topic. Everything went well until the restart. After the restart it showed me those partitions I had previously. It asked me to pick the drive where to install the Windows. Then the problems began. First of all it didnt let me to install it to my C because there was already Windows installed. It didnt let me to format C (????). Then I formatted D (full) and then I picked it to install it there.. Everything went well when there popped up another problem.. It said that there was two files missing!! Presetup.cmd and setupORG.exe. I retried couple of times but it didnt work. Then I just had to skip them.. After it the setup aborted. This was the error:
"Error - file not found
D:\WINDOWS\system32\presetup.cmd - FILE NOT FOUND !
D:\WINDOWS\system32\setupORG.exe - FILE NOT FOUND !
(setupORG.exe -> Original windows Setup.exe)
----------------------------------------------
POSSIBLE CAUSE:
1. "Presetup.cmd" not exist in the i386 folder on UXPCD
"setupORG.exe" not exist in the i386 folder on UXPCD
2. Check your "Txtsetup.sif" in the i386 folder on UXPCD
---Txtsetup.sif: -------------------
(SourceDisksFiles)
setupORG.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0 ; must exist
presetup.cmd = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0 ; must exist
SETUP ABORT

Help me :( Is there anything I can do now? Or should I just throw this piece of **** away and get a new pc ? :(

Cheers
-Brooke