• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

computernoob

hey maher.

thanks for the download. I managed to write it to CD as an iso imagine ok (after eventually working out how. haha)

you said that it doesnt require a serial key but whenever i try and re-install it, it asks me for a serial key...am i doing something wrong?

much love!

computernoob

Cheers tovagulet, turned out I was being a retard n didn't realise you HAD TO boot from it to work so I was trying to juts open it from desktop. Oops.

My current operating system is on my C drive, if I elect to install it on the C drive and format the same drive using NTFS system, will that work? Or will it format first leaving me with no os to run the new install. (I might be chatting complete rubbish here but it sort of makes sense in my head. Lol)

MareLimp

Hi there.
I have a problem with nliting your Windows September edition.

I downloaded Win XP SP3 September version. Since Im instaling it on very old PC with SATA storrage, I wanted to nLite this version to its minimum and integrate SATA drivers.

With nLite I disabled all unwanted components - I read a lot of guides on internet to be sure that Im not deleting important stuff. I nlited Windows to around 200 MB.

Also, I added some programs - created addons for nlite (that I found on internet), and drivers for my PC (motherboard, audio, SATA, LAN) - mostly VIA and Realtek.

I added new DirectX 9.0c version (latest) cose I didnt know if you integrated it with Windows.

I also wanted to add latest .NET Framework, but I didnt understand how to do that (I read today  that it should be donne with RunOnce command in last section of nLite. Anyway, I havent done that.

PROBLEM was (first) viaide.sys, which was corrupted, so I copied it from my previous instalation of Windows (Black Edition from 2009). This occured while finalizing in nlite.

Same thing happened with symc810.sys and symc8xx.sys files. I copied them too, and succseded to make nlited Windows without showing any errors.

I decided to test it with VirtualBox and install it on IDE storrage. Driver for SATA was integrateg good since it recognized HDD and started install. Everything was fine until it supposed to start Windows.

New error was displayed, and it was cmd.exe !!!

I hope you have some advice for me ? I lost almost 10 days trying to make it work. Is there some proces you integrated that need some of components Im deleting ?

When I installed normal September version, I noticed some extraction process after Windows started. Does this process use Windows system program for archives ? In my nlite version I disabled it cose I integrated 7Zip.

I hope that my english is good enough for understanding my problem...

phil1803

So I downloaded the SP3 windows exp iso. I burned it with DAEMON but the option : Install windows XP is grey and I can't click it.. How do I install XP ?? Using windows 7

olivette

hey Meher... i was installing ur windows xp sp3 november 2011 using vmware i wanted to install it as a virtual machine. while installing  it is asking for a key can you please  giv me the cd key

DocBludgeon

Hi Maher.

Thanks for this excellent ISO. I thought I'd drop you a line to let you know that there were a small number of older updates missing from the Nov. ISO. This is not a criticism; just a 'heads-up' in case you'd like to bundle them in the future.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/ms08-076
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941569

This one is from 11/18, so it's an out-of-cycle update after the last batch.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2641690

Thanks again,

DB

iLuVtiffany

Hi my question is does this version have Korean and the East Asian Language files in it?

And if so can I use this to install the language pack on a running XP machine or do I have to reformat?

Maher

Quote from: iLuVtiffany on December 18, 2011, 10:29 AM
Hi my question is does this version have Korean and the East Asian Language files in it?

And if so can I use this to install the language pack on a running XP machine or do I have to reformat?
It supports Korean and East Asian Languages.
But I think you're talking about chnaging the interface.
If thats the case, then you need to download the MUI (Multilingual User Interface) for the language you want and install it.
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Danny_G13

Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. New user, please go easy on me!

I downloaded Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.November.2011.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com] and I would like to install it, obviously.

I ran it from inside an earlier version of Windows XP (SP1), mounting it in Daemon and following the prompts. When the system rebooted it asked for XP Professional SP3 CD. Now, I don't have any blank CDs so I haven't burned it to disk; is there any way of installing it from inside Windows XP SP1 so that it reboots and goes all the way without asking for a hard copy CD?

I tried to copy the files over to a DVD and use that as a bootable disk, but the system didn't recognise it as one.

Any advice please :)

Maher

Quote from: Danny_G13 on December 21, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. New user, please go easy on me!

I downloaded Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.November.2011.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com] and I would like to install it, obviously.

I ran it from inside an earlier version of Windows XP (SP1), mounting it in Daemon and following the prompts. When the system rebooted it asked for XP Professional SP3 CD. Now, I don't have any blank CDs so I haven't burned it to disk; is there any way of installing it from inside Windows XP SP1 so that it reboots and goes all the way without asking for a hard copy CD?

I tried to copy the files over to a DVD and use that as a bootable disk, but the system didn't recognise it as one.

Any advice please :)
You can use a DVD!
It didn't work for you because you just burned the ISO file that you downloaded directly into the DVD.
You need to burn the ISO file using a burning software.
Search Google: "how to burn ISO image into a CD"
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/