• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_G13

I didn't, I mounted the image with Daemon, then copied the virtual disk's contents - i836 directory etc and copied it all over manually to CD which I burned.

I also tried to burn the ISO onto a DVD but Nero wouldn't let me.

Ahmad

Quote from: Danny_G13 on December 21, 2011, 05:45 PM
I didn't, I mounted the image with Daemon, then copied the virtual disk's contents - i836 directory etc and copied it all over manually to CD which I burned.

I also tried to burn the ISO onto a DVD but Nero wouldn't let me.
Hey Danny,
As Mr. Maher said,
To burn the ISO file on a CD or DVD, you can't copy the files inside it to a CD or DVD as it won't boot as in this case you've made a data CD or DVD and it must be a bootable CD or DVD just like the ISO file itself - It's a bootable ISO image .
So, you need a program like Nero - You have it - and choose the option to burn image not to put the ISO file on a DVD and burn ... It won't boot ... Choose burn image and browse for the ISO file and from NERO choose to burn on a DVD or CD according to the media you have.
Also, you can burn the ISO image with any image burn software like UltraISO or PowerISO and choose to burn image.
Good Luck.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

allbadz

excuse me,
i just download the Microsoft_Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_Integrated_December_2011
and i want to install it via vmware in my mac,
it ask product key in vmware setup,
may i know the product key for this windows installer?
thanks.

doornextboy

Hi Maher,

I just installed the XP SP3 November update but I couldn't access any of the programs after installing it. This is the message I'm getting all the time, "cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have the appropriate permissions".

Are there any workaround on this? Please help. Thanks.

ollenberger

Alot of these issues sound like user error- which is o.k, but maybe you should try searching for answers in google before you ask Maher for support. If you find the answer for yourself you'll remember the solution next time. Youtube is also a great source for learning! ( =
There is no god.

mj1226

Hence there is this forum.. where we mesh our minds .. combining questions, uncertainties and sharing our collective solutions to one another.

Mr.Maher, Ahmad and or anyone Happy New Year to one and all! 

I'm mind boggled with installing your xp release (thank you mr.maher) to a not so sofisticated mobo with PCIE & SATA. line up is below. On Installing Windows XP (using USB) to a SATA HDD? **no floppy**no DVDrom.

Used wintoflash(worked like a charm). Windows xp installation worked via usb drive. but my BIG problem was that the HDD that I was intalling the OS to was SATA and the installation partially detected the drive but have me an error message at a certain point where the 2nd phase was involved.
Also tried the option on the installation which solved the 2 common errors but didnot work.
but then...
*ting*light bulb*
I used my older HDD which is an IDE and it worked and it's completely installed. And I am using winXP SP3 maher already. But been scratching my head on how to make that darn installation work on to a SATA drive.

CPU: AMD Athlon3000+ 64
Board: MSI K8NGM-V (Release Date, 2006-08-17)
PCIE: wont display with my 8800GT anymore recently im forced to use OnBoard Video GeForce 6100/nForce 410 Chipset
Western Digital Caviar Green WD7500AADS 750GB 32MB Cache
Memory: 512MB DDR400 generic
Religion has no place when it is used by man as reason for killing. *defending is another thing. and defending is not attacking forward. Make ur faith strong, Make charity and humility with peace.

extractor

Windows Xp Sp3 december 2011 version has problems with 7Zip decompression at installation start. Its stops at 98.21%.

bearman

ok, so iv got a copy of xp installed (SP 2) with alot of stuff installed and personal data etc.

Is it posible to install your windows xp without burning to a cd and booting on it?
Is it posible to just upgrade my windows xp and keep all files etc, because when i try doing it, it asks for a key.

just42night

Quote from: extractor on January 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
Windows Xp Sp3 december 2011 version has problems with 7Zip decompression at installation start. Its stops at 98.21%.
I am not sure what your problem is.

I downloaded Maher's December 2011 torrent using uTorrent. The resultant file was an ISO image. I burned the image as an ISO using ImgBurn (Write Image File To Disk) and have installed it to 2 machines perfectly.

It sounds like your download might be corrupt.

JSL

Hi Maher,

I downloaded your "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated July 2011   + Serials" from Pirate bay. Got the file ok as a .rar but when I go to extract it  it asks for a password to extract? Ive searched, but can't find any info on this anywhere? Is it ok to have the password so I can extract the file?

Many thanks

James