Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junaid

dude what's the serial key of integrated sp3. :P

Ahmad

Quote from: JSL on January 04, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hi Maher,

I downloaded your "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated July 2011   + Serials" from Pirate bay. Got the file ok as a .rar but when I go to extract it  it asks for a password to extract? Ive searched, but can't find any info on this anywhere? Is it ok to have the password so I can extract the file?

Many thanks

James
Hello James,
What You have downloaded isn't Mr. Maher's as he uploads his XP release as an ISO file not a RAR file and without passwords.
This is his link on the piratebay:
http://thepiratebay.org/user/Maherz/
Good luck.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

MiniSter

I need the XP support for my desktop, downloaded torrent from my laptop, burned to CD, and everything was going fine until it told me I needed the product key! I noticed you said the key would already be installed but that's somehow not the case for me :-\
I'm not much of a tecchie, I don't know what half of technology-related acronyms even mean ;) hehe so if anyone can help me, it'd be super appreciated. This damn computer has been giving me tons of issues for two years now, I'm ready for a clean slate !!

Thank You! ;)
MiniSter

Ahmad

Quote from: MiniSter on January 10, 2012, 05:24 AM
I need the XP support for my desktop, downloaded torrent from my laptop, burned to CD, and everything was going fine until it told me I needed the product key! I noticed you said the key would already be installed but that's somehow not the case for me :-\
I'm not much of a tecchie, I don't know what half of technology-related acronyms even mean ;) hehe so if anyone can help me, it'd be super appreciated. This damn computer has been giving me tons of issues for two years now, I'm ready for a clean slate !!

Thank You! ;)
Hello MiniSter,  :)
You don't need the serial if you are installing windows from boot "Fresh Install" as it will be entered automatically. But you need it if you are installing windows from your active windows "If you are already running windows and trying to install another windows".
Good luck.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

petiko

Hey guys,
does this windows have the re-install option?

my current windows xp boot is faulty and I just want to repair it by re-installing,  but without need to download all those new updates after re-install.

thx 

memulligan

Quote from: Maher on June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM
Windows XP Support:

I have a copy of Windows 7 running, and I lately started getting 'non-genuine messages' from Microsoft, so I thought I'd go back to a legal version of Windows XP. I downloaded yours, as it seems more up to date, and burned it to a disc, including all the files inside the iso.

When I try to run it, the menu to "install Windows XP" is grey, and when I try to "Check my system automatically", it is also grey.
What do I need to do to rub out Windows 7, and install XP?

Thanks. Your site looks very impressive.
Mike

* Download:

SoftArchive Blog (Filesonic, Fileserve)
The Pirate Bay (Torrent)

Enjoy..

pidgi

Hello, I have installed from scratch the january version of Maher XP on my HP Probook 4510s and I have problems...

Everything go perfectly until it notified me : can't find zip???.Dll, can't find the path to C:/...., I pressed ok and finished the installation. when I start the cimputer, it starts XP, I see a very short blue screen, without having time to read what is on and it starts again !

Any clue how to solve that ? I can still access the HP setup, bios, but that's all !

Thanks for you support !

pidgi

The techical information I received is :

0x0000007B ( 0XBACCF524, 0XC0000034, 0x0000000, 0x0000000  )

Maher

Quote from: pidgi on January 15, 2012, 08:10 PM
The techical information I received is :

0x0000007B ( 0XBACCF524, 0XC0000034, 0x0000000, 0x0000000  )
Strange!
How did you install it (CD/USB)?
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Tarias

Hi there!

@Maher
One question: in theory, one should be allowed to uninstall IE8 in this version you compiled, right?

Thing is, I tried that and ran into considerable trouble...maybe you should either correct it (see my fix ahead), or at least, warn users they should not try to uninstall IE8:

PROBLEM1:
When you try to uninstall IE8 from the "Control Panel"=>"Add/Remove Programs"=>"Windows Components", Windows will ask you to insert the install CD, and then complain it misses "IEENCODE.DLL"...

SOLUTION1:
- I added this file (got it from another XPSP3 I had) to the ISO image (X:\I386 folder)

PROBLEM2:
Then when you boot (AFTER uninstalling IE8), when logging on, again Windows complains IT MISSES "IERTUTIL.dll"
GUI/Explorer won't load and you won't be able to start it from task manager

SOLUTION2:
- BEFORE you uninstall IE8, open a cmd prompt and type: "copy C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IERTUTIL.dll C:\"
- Uninstall IE8 and boot!
- Then, you will get the error when the machine boots: press CTRL+ALT+DEL
- As said before, you can't start "Explorer.exe" from here...but you can run command "CMD" (just keep pressing OK when the error dialog box pops up)
- in the opened cmd prompt, type: "copy C:\IERTUTIL.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32"
- now, back in task manager you can start "Explorer.exe" andit will run fine (you'll even see what it seams to be the IE uninstall finishing!!!)
- from here, the machine will boot always ok.

One more thing: since I got the "IEENCODE.DLL" file on the iso, I also solved a "hang" during install (looked like it had stooped, but pressing ESC would be enough for it to continue...)

Hope I was useful...it's the minimum I can do for using your work.
I'll be around to see