• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

Hello Tarias !  :)
Why should anyone uninstall IE8 ?!
If someone doesn't need it, just leave it. It won't harm.
I'm just saying my opinion.
Thanks.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on January 21, 2012, 06:33 PM
Why should anyone uninstall IE8 ?!
If someone doesn't need it, just leave it. It won't harm.
I'm just saying my opinion.
Thanks.  :)

Oh, I totally agree! But it goes much further than simply not doing any harm. Lots of programs depend on the IE engine to function. It's the same situation with Windows Media Player. I hate it to the very end, but once I made the mistake of uninstalling it and the result was that a lot of other players wouldn't play. The reason is precisely because they depend on the WMP engine to function.

beezjeh

I've got a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 and i would like to have Windows XP on mine PC. I've burned your Latest Windows XP release on CD and set the SATA to IDE but after copying the files and rebooting mine pc stays at the post with the text "Loading Operating System". I also tried with AHCI enabled but still got the same problem.
Can anyone help me out with this problem?

milkiman

Hi there
I've just downloaded the January 2012 release - thanks for that. I've made a bootable disc and thats all fine.  When I put it into the machine, I get the welcome to  Microsfot windows XP screen but the "install Windows XP" is faded out!!
I've tried it on a couple of machines and tthe same thing happens. What do you recommend I do. I've had this before and I've also have a disc that when you actually click on the Install button nothing happens. Would really appreciate your help.

Ahmad

Hello Humbert,  :)

Quote from: humb25 on January 22, 2012, 06:44 AM
Oh, I totally agree! But it goes much further than simply not doing any harm. Lots of programs depend on the IE engine to function. It's the same situation with Windows Media Player. I hate it to the very end, but once I made the mistake of uninstalling it and the result was that a lot of other players wouldn't play. The reason is precisely because they depend on the WMP engine to function.

Thanks for this good information and I'm with you in hating WMP.  ;D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Tarias

@Ahmad

How about this, for a start?
http://secunia.com/advisories/24314/

(yeah, I was shocked too: $M is getting lazy on making IE/XP secure...)

Conclusion: by principle, even for good/trusted/... software, good rule to keep a PC safe is: "don't use it? don't have it installed!"

Now...ahem ahem: IE?!?!?! "Good/trusted" software? Think sarcasm is reaching dangerous levels here...

My intention was since @Maher is having all this (AWESOME!) work in providing so many ppl with an updated XP (it's gonna last AT LEAST till April 2014; read it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_xp#Support_lifecycle )...I could at least try to ask him:

1 - Is there a way to pack his releases ("XP you_name_the_month edition") and give the user the possibility to remove bad/unsafe/useless IE?

Probably there is going to be a problem with manual xp updates...but I still wanted to post the question here!

Meanwhile, new question:

2 - Is it possible/would it make sense to incorporate .NET 4 (lots of apps are using it; ex: office 2010)

Other then this, no surprises why guys like Maher are trusted EVERYWHERE (not just @TPB); hell: would I be paying for a $M XP license...EACH TIME ( and I think ppl here do it now and then ;) ) I have to install a XP machine, I'm better off with a pirated version than with it coming from $M itself ( because as far as I know, they DON'T make available  a version of XP for paying customers with all updates till YY/MM on a regularly basis! )

So, whatever the answers are to my intervention here, thank you Maher for what you are doing and thanks in advance to ppl replying me!

Saluts!

PS: To those complaining about media player...in this release, I removed it, installed K-Lite + KMP + VLC and to date, I'm just fine!

vamboge

I tried isntalling from a boot CD it said cda1000.sys corrupt.Any Ideas?

vimaldhiman

Hi Maher,

I have download your windows xp sp3 updated dec 2011 and now i want to download Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated January 2012 but there is a problem in it during installation there is spelling mistake in Time Zone New Delhi. what is the reason of spell mistake. and please can you tell me how to make universal ghost by which i can install one ghost on different motherboard and laptops

Thnaks

OverseerD

I just did a clean install and now i cant connect to the internet do i download and use the drivers from microsoft?

Pavle

I need Windows XP SP3 without SATA drivers ... I need best version. I downloaded, WinXP SP3 the latest version, by Maherz ( Administrator) and my computer is not working, setupORG.exe is not found ...

Thanks