• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdog

That was meant to be a PM. Don't know how I posted it here.
Sorry BLADESHARK.
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

Ahmad

@ BLADESHARK. :D

Regarding TuneUp, it's my favorite, but I didn't use versions after 2007 because it's heavy on my PC as it's old. BUT I may return to it when near upgrading because I trust it.

Regarding GHOST, YES, I know how to backup and restore.

I don't need an external HDD ;;  I just backup the C drive only to an image file which I save it on D drive to use it later in restoring the C drive again.
I use the GHOST program in Hiren's BootCD, almost the DOS version, and sometimes the one in mini XP... anyway they are the same.

I have a dear friend called "Hossam". I learned a lot from him. When I had a PC, he taught me some basic things about PC including how to backup and restore with GHOST.

In GHOST, you have the option to backup the entire disk to an image file and then, you need an external disk to put the backup image on.
The other option is to backup only a partition to an image file, and then you can put the image file on another partition on the same disk.
I did backup and restore many times, but every time I'm very careful to choose the right destination partition to restore, as any mistake, my data will fly away.
When restoring, I open GHOST, choose the option to restore a partition from an image file, specify the image file and then the destination partition which is C drive or the first one [I know it by its size], and finally read the task that is going to be done carefully, then apply.

Finally, it's so easy and simple, but you need to read the options and steps available for you carefully and choose what you want, and you'll be safe.

Sorry for being non organized.
:) :D

I've created a topic about how to use Norton Ghost in this link:
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=611.0

Good luck.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: topdog on May 05, 2012, 11:50 AM
That was meant to be a PM. Don't know how I posted it here.
Sorry BLADESHARK.
NO Problemo :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

julian

ok thanks..but where can i find Xp with Repair Option..??

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Ahmad on May 05, 2012, 01:56 PM
Sorry for being non organized.
No problem
I understood it very clearly. :)
& Thanks for replying :D

BLADESHARK

Quote from: julian on May 05, 2012, 02:16 PM
ok thanks..but where can i find Xp with Repair Option..??
Good to see you again ;)
You can find the repair option in any of Maher's release before 2012 [Like Dec 2011 or Nov 2011]
I don't know really bcoz I have not installed mahers XP from a long time.

OR you can try this
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=604.0

This will definitely have a repair option. :)
Good Luck :)

julian

Does this have the repair option cus for the matter of fact im sick of tired about searching and searching for this...lol...srry bothering u :D

Ahmad

Quote from: julian on May 05, 2012, 03:15 PM
Does this have the repair option cus for the matter of fact im sick of tired about searching and searching for this...lol...srry bothering u :D

The one that my friend BLADESHARK told you about, already has Repair option because it's the original untouched XP from Microsoft.
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=604.0

Regarding Maher's XP releases, they have NO Repair option. And I've checked my October 2011 release and it also doesn't have Repair option.

So if you want Repair, go for the original untouched one.
Good luck.   ;)

julian

Thank u homie..very kind from u.....u have my respect..have a nice day

Ahmad

@ julian. :)
You are welcome, buddy.  :D
And Thanks BLADESHARK for uploading it.
:) :D