Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on June 06, 2012, 07:46 AM
When was the last time you saw that someone couldn't spare 30 GB of free space
Read this:
Quote from: WendyComp on June 03, 2012, 02:41 AM
2) I tried to install said drivers from the flash drive but got an error that there was not enough space on my "C" drive for an install. - the "C drive" should be empty aside from the Windows install but according to "My Computer" I have 0 MB out of 0 MB free.

Quote from: humbert on June 06, 2012, 07:46 AM
I'm in love with my SSD, and it's only SATA II which is all my board will support. Windows boots momentarily, and Ubuntu even faster.
What about Windows 8 :-*. I heard Windows 8 boots in 8sec on SSD. :P
Have you tried Windows 8 ???
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

Sorry guys,
I just want to know what SSD acronym refer to?
I understand that it's a type of Hard disks, right?
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Ahmad on June 06, 2012, 01:48 PM
I just want to know what SSD acronym refer to?
A solid-state drive (SSD), sometimes called a solid-state disk or electronic disk, is a data storage device that uses integrated circuit assemblies as memory to store data persistently. SSD technology uses electronic interfaces compatible with traditional block I/O hard disk drives. SSDs do not employ any moving mechanical components, which distinguishes them from traditional magnetic disks such as hard disk drives (HDDs) or floppy disk, which are electromechanical devices containing spinning disks and movable read/write heads.[1] Compared to electromechanical disks, SSDs are typically less susceptible to physical shock, are silent, and have lower access time and latency, but are, at present market prices, more expensive per unit of storage.

Ahmad

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 06, 2012, 01:53 PM
[1] Compared to electromechanical disks, SSDs are typically less susceptible to physical shock, are silent, and have lower access time and latency, but are, at present market prices, more expensive per unit of storage.

Yes, they must be faster than the normal hard disks.
From your words, they are similar to flash drives on a bigger scale, right?

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 06, 2012, 01:53 PM
[1] Compared to electromechanical disks, SSDs are typically less susceptible to physical shock, are silent, and have lower access time and latency, but are, at present market prices, more expensive per unit of storage.

Exactly right. They are solid state, i.e., nothing moves. You can drop that sucker from a 2nd story building to a concrete floor and your data will still be safe. They're a lot faster than the USB 2.0 flashdrives I've played around with because they use the motherboard's SATA ports. Best of all, the price is rapidly dropping. I bought mine (160 GB model) 6 months ago for $217 (best price I could find). Today in one of those computer related flyers I get in the mail, I saw a 128 KB model for as low as 119. The magnetic hard drive is like that dinosaur looking at the sky as that asteroid headed rapidly toward the earth, knowing full well his demise was at hand.

christosg88

Hey guys!!!
I am having a really hard time with a pc an I need your help if possible...
First of all I am new in the site so any mistakes I hope will be forgiven...
To the point now...
I have an old pc and I am trying to install Windows XP on it but all my efforts were in vein cause during installation Windows XP don't recognize the hard drive and say that no hard drive was found...
I have successfully managed to install Windows 7 on it but since it has only 1 GB of RAM and Windows 7 need at least 2 GB I can't use them...
I searched a lot through websites and found that because the hard drive is SATA connected I need the appropriate SATA drives to install Windows XP...
I searched the site of the motherboards company but I didn't found the SATA drives and additionally the pc doesn't have a Floppy disk controller so I can't provide the SATA drives that way...
I tried the "Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.May.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com]" torrent but still the Windows XP can't recognize the hard drive... I don't know if I made any mistakes with your Windows XP Integrated (I didn't do anything different during installation like search for SATA drivers)...
That's the problem and any help would be really appreciated...
INFORMATION
Motherboard: MSI MS-7113
Hard drive: Seagate 500 GB
RAM: 1 GB

EDIT: Any help???

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Ahmad on June 06, 2012, 02:40 PM
YES they are as fast as X-43 Jet  ;D
believe me you are going to love them :-*
& like Humbert mentioned normal HDD will soon cease to exist. :P

BLADESHARK

Quote from: christosg88 on June 07, 2012, 11:15 AM
Windows XP can't recognize the hard drive...
First:
Try deinstalling the cables of the SATA HDD and then again install.

Second :
First of all go to bios and press F9 to load the default settings and then press F10 to save settings and exit
your computer will restart
again go to bios and make sure your sata controller is set to ATA, not AHCI.

Good Luck ;) :)

ASED

hi..maher

Installing Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated. we need cd key? or not?

Ahmad

Quote from: ASED on June 15, 2012, 01:55 AM

hi..maher

Installing Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated. we need cd key? or not?

Hi ASED. :)
You won't need the serial only if you're doing a fresh install from boot [Not upgrade nor through Virtual Machine].
Click Here for more help about serial.