• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth

Quote from: BLADESHARK on August 04, 2012, 03:23 AM
Quote from: Beth on August 04, 2012, 01:41 AM
I can now say I've spent an entire day trying to update XP.  Please please can someone help me with an explanation of why all the serial codes I enter are 'invalid'... what am I doing wrong?  So simple, and yet so impossible! :'(
Quote from: Beth on August 03, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hi
When I type in the serial number, it tells me it is invalid.  I've tried many times and I'm sure I'm typing in the correct info from your text.
Could this be linking to my old version of XP somehow?  How do I bypass?
Thanks
Beth
The problem you are facing is because you have tried the maximum number of attempts to insert the serial key :o
Click Back 2-3 times and then try again - You will succeed  :) [Assuming you insert the serial key correctly this time]
Good Luck :)

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.  Sadly I don't think that's the case.  I was absolutely fastidious copying it down and entering it.  I have restarted the computer, gone back as you said, tried other codes posted elsewhere, and nothing is working.  Is there an install which has the serial number already in it?  I've seen that happen on Maher's Office downloads?  I just can't understand why it is 'invalid'  :(

Odlanyer22

Quote from: Beth on August 04, 2012, 01:21 PM
Quote from: BLADESHARK on August 04, 2012, 03:23 AM
Quote from: Beth on August 04, 2012, 01:41 AM
I can now say I've spent an entire day trying to update XP.  Please please can someone help me with an explanation of why all the serial codes I enter are 'invalid'... what am I doing wrong?  So simple, and yet so impossible! :'(
Quote from: Beth on August 03, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hi
When I type in the serial number, it tells me it is invalid.  I've tried many times and I'm sure I'm typing in the correct info from your text.
Could this be linking to my old version of XP somehow?  How do I bypass?
Thanks
Beth
The problem you are facing is because you have tried the maximum number of attempts to insert the serial key :o
Click Back 2-3 times and then try again - You will succeed  :) [Assuming you insert the serial key correctly this time]

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.  Sadly I don't think that's the case.  I was absolutely fastidious copying it down and entering it.  I have restarted the computer, gone back as you said, tried other codes posted elsewhere, and nothing is working.  Is there an install which has the serial number already in it?  I've seen that happen on Maher's Office downloads?  I just can't understand why it is 'invalid'  :(

MODERATORS,, its me x_odlanyer_x,, and that account has been waiting for deletion. I like this more than that.

Anyways, madam, have you tried the so-called "Universal Product Key for Windows XP"??
If not, then here it is:   *** No serials allowed. /Ahmad

Hope it'll help you.
Anyways, if that works... and after installing the Windows XP, better to use a program (i just forgot the name), that could change the Product Key of what you've input. So this process will help you to pass WGA if there was a test needed. :)

And maybe you can use this in the future:   *** No serials allowed. /Ahmad

Credits to: All Masters :D
Learning Is Continuous Process . . . ;)

Beth

Thanks again for your efforts and continued support :-*.... I tried that universal key and I get the same error message... ARGH what am I doing wrong?  I 100% am sure I typed correctly and noted down correctly.

Could it be anything to do with the 2005 XP that I already have installed on my PC?

SOOOOOOo frustrating!!! >:(

Odlanyer22

Quote from: Beth on August 04, 2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks again for your efforts and continued support :-*.... I tried that universal key and I get the same error message... ARGH what am I doing wrong?  I 100% am sure I typed correctly and noted down correctly.

Could it be anything to do with the 2005 XP that I already have installed on my PC?

I think, it really matters on how you do reformatting. There are two ways actually.
The first one is letting your installer run through Autorun. (Means, you let everything to load first until the idle state on Desktop).
And the second one is much more technical but recommended. Reformatting by setting-up your BIOS to boot first into your cd-rom.

Sorry if I cant explain that good, but if you do the first one... maybe there is something with your old installed OS or any of the program interfer/disturbed with the one you are going to install.

Not that sure. Sorry!  ::) :o

BLADESHARK

Quote from: x_odlanyer_x on August 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
Masters and moderators of this site... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
You are most WELCOME [on behalf of our team]

Quote from: x_odlanyer_x on August 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
The second answer was the one I'm lookin for.
Which answer?? :-\

I was absolutely fastidious copying it down and entering it
I hope this was the key when you noted it down:
http://pastebin.com/ymDs4wR8

Is there an install which has the serial number already in it?
I just can't understand why it is 'invalid'
All Mahers XP's have serial key already integrated into the ISO
Ahhh.......... now I get it :o
Are you trying to upgrade, and I am damn sure the answer is YES, because you only have to insert the serial when you are upgrading from a previous OS. If you are doing a Clean Install you won't have to insert any serial.
And to make matters worse you might be having Windows Xp Home Edition before or Windows Xp Professional OEM.
Is your previous version of XP OEM or VLK ???
Your previous version might be OEM that's why you are facing such a problem
The key is for VLK :)
I suggest you do a Clean Install :D

Quote from: Odlanyer22 on August 04, 2012, 02:20 PM
*** No serials allowed. /Ahmad
Odlanyer22 8) to make you aware of the "RULES"
No one on the forum is allowed to post Serials to anything [for security reasons]
Use pastebin for serials and just paste the link to those serials. :)

I replied to this just above in this post ;)

I know [I have been through this situation]
Just keep Patience & Peace. You will 1000% succeed
Patience has its own Reward :)

Quote from: Odlanyer22 on August 04, 2012, 07:31 PM
Sorry if I cant explain that good.
You are doing your BEST. that's what really matters here :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Odlanyer22

The Untouched Volume!  ;)
Thanks!

Anyways, that untouched copy satisfy with this information???  :o

Windows XP Professional (SP3) VLK/Corporate/Volume
     File Name: en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_vl_x14-73974.iso
     CD Volume Label: GRTMPVOL_EN
     Date Posted (UTC): 5/2/2008 12:05:18 AM
     Size: 589.1 4 MB
     SHA-1: 66ac289ae27724c5ae17139227cbe78c01eefe40
     CRC: FFFFFFFF   

UPDATE(for antispamming...):
Masters and Moderators, is it possible to upgrade Windows XP with no service pack to SP3 directly?
Thanks!

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Odlanyer22 on August 05, 2012, 09:13 AM
is it possible to upgrade Windows XP with no service pack to SP3 directly?
YES via windows update or you can just install windows SP3 patch directly :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

The Nawab

I'm Neither A Master Or A Moderator But Just A Member. So Open At Your Own Risk :P

Windows XP - Service Pack 3

English (x86) - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

ISO File:-

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25129
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

There Is No God But Allah And Muhammad Is The Messenger Of Allah

kanna

hi,
presently i installed this os Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.April.2012.SATA.By.Maher
i have small problem i cant start my pc in safe mode if i attempt to start in safe mode its simply restrts in normal mode pls help me.

Beth

All Mahers XP's have serial key already integrated into the ISO
Ahhh.......... now I get it :o
Are you trying to upgrade, and I am damn sure the answer is YES, because you only have to insert the serial when you are upgrading from a previous OS. If you are doing a Clean Install you won't have to insert any serial.
And to make matters worse you might be having Windows Xp Home Edition before or Windows Xp Professional OEM.
Is your previous version of XP OEM or VLK ???
Your previous version might be OEM that's why you are facing such a problem
The key is for VLK :)
I suggest you do a Clean Install :D

Hello again.  Thank you once again for your expertise and kindness in sharing your skills.  I think you are right.  I have Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2002 on my PC and I can't find a newer version of the same.  I have tried a clean install and still get the same 'invalid' message.  I'm not sure what OEM and VLK are?  Sorry - completely clueless...

Do you have any advice on how to get out of the 'Media Centre' edition and do a clean install?

Many thanks
Beth