• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunknow

I saw your WinXP torrent and I am about to download it.

Thank you for providing it to us!

I just have one question... what is this about needing to install drivers? How do I install these drivers? One person said that he couldn't connect to Wi-Fi because he needed drivers. Well if I need to download these drivers via internet, how do I download them if I can't access the internet in the first place lol.

Someone please help. I want to know this before I install WinXP

Ahmad

@Dunknow:

Normally, every PC comes with a DVD which has all the needed drivers for this PC... Sound, VGA, Net...etc.

If you have this DVD, install all the drivers from it after XP installation.

If you don't have it, you can download DriverPack Solution which is a huge drivers DVD containing almost every driver you'll need for any PC.
You can download it from Here.

Good luck. ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Dunknow

Thank you very much. Support is awesome! Will download and let you know how it goes. I will also recommend to my friends!

Ahmad

Quote from: Dunknow on October 02, 2012, 10:50 PM
Thank you very much. Support is awesome! Will download and let you know how it goes. I will also recommend to my friends!

At your service.
I wish you all the best. :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Dunknow

I am using WinToFlash and I extracted the ISO file but got 200+ errors from WinRAR.

Is it okay to continue with the installation?

Dunknow

^^ Didn't work. hal.dll is missing or corrupt :(

Is there anyway to extract w/o errors? (WinToFlash requires an extract of ISO)

Dunknow

I was using August version before, changed to September 2012 version and now I get nearly 4000 errors?!?!?

Can anyone help me out?

humbert

Are you talking about the ISO for Windows XP (Maher's release)? If so, what's this about extracting the ISO? You're supposed to burn that to a CD or a flashdrive using Microsoft's DVD/USB tool. I'm assuming this tool works OK with XP as well as Win7 and Win8.

Whenever I need to extract an ISO, I use Total Commander's ISO plugin and I've never had an error message. Are you sure you're not doing something wrong or maybe got the wrong file? I think it's possible to check the hash to be sure it's the right one.

Dunknow

Quote from: humbert on October 03, 2012, 08:50 PM
Are you talking about the ISO for Windows XP (Maher's release)? If so, what's this about extracting the ISO? You're supposed to burn that to a CD or a flashdrive using Microsoft's DVD/USB tool. I'm assuming this tool works OK with XP as well as Win7 and Win8.

Whenever I need to extract an ISO, I use Total Commander's ISO plugin and I've never had an error message. Are you sure you're not doing something wrong or maybe got the wrong file? I think it's possible to check the hash to be sure it's the right one.

Yes, Maher's September 2012 sin xp sp3 release. I downloaded it from his user on TPB.

ISOs can't be burned to USB sticks.

I can't use a CD as I want to install winxp on my netbook (no CD Drive).

So yeah, at the moment I'm going to start using different ISO extraction tools. I'll report back here.

Dunknow

Man, Im not sure what's going on. I am always getting this error when I boot from my USB...

"The following file is missing or corrupt...

<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll

Please re-install a copy of the file above."