• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liz

Hello again. I burned another CD with a different software and that did the trick. The first copy was as you said burned as data and not the actual image. I'm surprised it even started the installation with that copy. But now all is well. It installed beautifully.
Thanks for your help and thanks for the image!

Regards, Liz

Quote from: Ahmad on November 21, 2012, 07:58 PM
Hello Liz. :)

It should give you that message when installing Windows from Daemon, as installing Windows needs reboot and after rebooting, setup continues but it needs the CD to be inserted which in your case NOT because Daemon is not active now.

The strange thing is that it gave you the same message with a real CD.  ??? ???

Make sure to follow these:
* Check if you have burned the XP ISO file as image NOT Data.
* Do a clean install from boot.
* If your BIOS is set to AHCI, change it to IDE.

If the same thing happens, please report with more details so that others who know better may help you.  :)

Ahmad

@Liz:

Glad to hear that.
You are welcome.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

LaneL

Hello Maher,
I downloaded torrent windows xp november edition, and I burned it in Nero as image, but when I boot cd it opens caldera drdos idk what to do with it... is that normal?
I decided to download torrent you posted in october and new nero, so I'll try again...

asdoll

Hi Maher!

I got about 16 high priority updates after installing Windows, such as:

Windows Mwdia Player 11 and its updates
Dot Net Framework 1.1 & 2.0 & 3.5 & 4.0 and their updates
and some others ...

My questions :
1. Does your work contain Frameworks? If not can be added?
2. What about WMP11? What's the problem?

Thank you much for your great works

Ahmad

Quote from: asdoll on November 24, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hi Maher!

I got about 16 high priority updates after installing Windows, such as:

Windows Mwdia Player 11 and its updates
Dot Net Framework 1.1 & 2.0 & 3.5 & 4.0 and their updates
and some others ...

My questions :
1. Does your work contain Frameworks? If not can be added?
2. What about WMP11? What's the problem?

Thank you much for your great works

Hello asdoll. :)

Maher doesn't include WMP11 nor Frameworks in his releases. He just includes IE8 & SATA drivers.
For the reason, I have no idea. May be because not everyone needs frameworks like me & I never saw anyone of my friends [for example] using WMP11.

LaneL

Quote from: LaneL on November 23, 2012, 03:37 PM
Hello Maher,
I downloaded torrent windows xp november edition, and I burned it in Nero as image, but when I boot cd it opens caldera drdos idk what to do with it... is that normal?
I decided to download torrent you posted in october and new nero, so I'll try again...
reinstalled windows, worked just fine, but I had problems with newdev.dll so I downloaded newdev.dll file and in safe mode with networking replaced existing file, when I returned to normal mode everything was great...

Ahmad

@Lanel. :)

I saw your post but I had no idea about "caldera drdos idk".
Anyway, I'm glad that you solved it.  :)

Infernal

Hey,
I burned the files onto a CD and tried to install it onto an old harddrive, I Installed and everything but when I try to boot from the harddrive tit says that the boot failed.
Any solution?

Ahmad

Quote from: Infernal on November 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hey,
I burned the files onto a CD and tried to install it onto an old harddrive, I Installed and everything but when I try to boot from the harddrive tit says that the boot failed.
Any solution?

I don't fully understand what you mean, but these are important steps:
* Restart your computer and check if your BIOS is set to AHCI, change it to IDE.
* Boot from CD.

Infernal

Quote from: Ahmad on November 24, 2012, 06:50 PM
Quote from: Infernal on November 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hey,
Any solution?

I don't fully understand what you mean, but these are important steps:
* Restart your computer and check if your BIOS is set to AHCI, change it to IDE.
* Boot from CD.

I'm new to this stuff so in ISO I highlighted all the files and pressed burn and put it on the disk, is that fine?
If not can you tell me or link me how to do it properly?