• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Adding or Upgrading a Memory

Started by akaubee, December 14, 2013, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akaubee

I bought a Kingston 2A2A9F8B (2GB RAM) to add it on my Samsung NP300E5C-A02NG

I bought it because when I goes on System It shows: -

Install Memory (RAM): 2.00GB (1.71GB Usable)

but now: 4.00GB (3.71GB Usable)
-------------------------------------------
I have 2 Consairs Vengance 1-2GB and 2-4GB on my PC
---------------------------------------------
Nimit upgraded the memory from 2-4 because he has only one slot of memory
But for him it shows 4GB (3.99GB Usable)

Note: Everyone, If you want to upgrade your Computer Download CPU-Z at the following Link: -

http://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html?tag=mncol

What is CPU-Z

CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system. CPU
Name and number.
Core stepping and process.
Package.
Core voltage.
Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
Supported instruction sets.
Cache information.
Mainboard
Vendor, model and revision.
BIOS model and date.
Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
Graphic interface.
Memory
Frequency and timings.
Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.
System
Windows and DirectX version.

humbert

@akaubee - The reason you see that is because the motherboard loads part of its data into main memory on startup, therefore making it unavailable to Windows. On my board there is nothing like that. I'm thinking the reason might have something to do with the board having a UEFI bios. I'm assuming your board is a little older and doesn't have that, correct me if I'm wrong.

FYI, there are several more programs similar to CPU-Z. The king of them all is AIDA64. Another good freeware proggie is Speccy, available at piriform.com (the makers of Ccleaner). In fact, there's even a CPU-Z for Android. I'm running it on my tablet.

Daniil

CPU-Z is an old and useless piece of s... erm, code.

I can't clearly understand you, comrade. What's the matter with your memory?. After you install new ram plate, your system shows you incorrect amount of memory, or what?

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on December 15, 2013, 10:38 AM
CPU-Z is an old and useless piece of s... erm, code.
I can't clearly understand you, comrade. What's the matter with your memory?. After you install new ram plate, your system shows you incorrect amount of memory, or what?

He's referring to [for example] if you installed 4GB of ram on a motherboard, Windows might report only 3.8 GB available. Everything I've read says this is because the mobo loads some of its data into Windows. That doesn't happen on my mobo. I'm thinking the fact that it's a UEFI board might have something to do with it.

I've never tested the Windows version of CPU-Z, but the Android version isn't very good. If you can't get a pirated copy of AIDA64, then get Speccy.