• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

torrent client

Started by Vasudev, March 16, 2014, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

@iih -> Let me ask you - does Qbittorrent for Windows stilll have their great search feature and, do you need to have Python installed to use it? On their Linux version this makes sense because you almost always get Python in any Linux distro. They might have compiled it or removed it.

Personally I downloaded that modded µTorrent on TPB (the one with the bloatware removed). It works great! I had to get rid of Bittorrent because, despite the fact that my settings removed the ads, there was an empty space on the bottom window, obviously designed to put ads there. It did nothing more than take up the space used by important data.

iih

Quote from: humbert on March 20, 2014, 12:50 AM
@iih -> Let me ask you - does Qbittorrent for Windows stilll have their great search feature and, do you need to have Python installed to use it? On their Linux version this makes sense because you almost always get Python in any Linux distro. They might have compiled it or removed it.

Personally I downloaded that modded µTorrent on TPB (the one with the bloatware removed). It works great! I had to get rid of Bittorrent because, despite the fact that my settings removed the ads, there was an empty space on the bottom window, obviously designed to put ads there. It did nothing more than take up the space used by important data.
i haven't check yet, about python just one time installed then removed it.
so i'm going to learn also lynux related to python. ok i'll let you know.
eqso.orari-digital.org:8888 YBØIX

iih

Quote from: humbert on March 19, 2014, 02:50 AM
@iih -> Unlike you, I always test something before I either recommend it or not recommend it. In the case of Transmission, I tested it on Linux and found it a little too bland for my tastes. For this reason I recommended Qbittorrent as an option. I never said Transmission didn't work, it's just too bland for me.

I might ad last time I tested Qbittorrent for Windows, it had an excellent torrent search feature. I'm assuming the program is interpreted and not compiled because it requires Python to be installed.
I seriously doubt my ISP is interfering with my torrents. On big files with many peers, the speed I get is sometimes briefly beyond the maximum I'm paying for.
What ever you say i don't mind, I try do my best, back to qB probably i stick on qB compared with the other.
it's have pretty cool UI, after 1st installed seems it have good feature, here is my install log, please check
if there is something abnormal, because this my first time installing qBittorrent on windows.
SS1 log http://s25.postimg.org/u9r0v3m1r/qbl.png
SS2 my 1st qB UI http://gyazo.com/8eb063ca0b1dd94d43de5fdf7a92b0c9
SS3 python 2x. http://gyazo.com/b3391ccb3f481051937226f5fa14e5d7
on test i got excellent download speed more less in 400kbs (my isp DL speed 3.2MBs) equivalent with 3.2mbs / 8

I think this my resonable download speed, and you 're the only person to suggest me try qBittorrent
by the way thanks a lot for suggest and time, other test will be informed.
ps:
test glasnost fortunately my isp not blocked all my torrent / http port: 80.
python 2.x required, if I do search on qB if not, qB just fine see SS2 (I'll install python later).
all view qB window on, except lock, encrypt on, embeded tracker off, anonymous mode off.
my SS not live as usually, because qB download faster than µT, I can't catch the screen
capture, at time download torrent file 7mib, i'm so excited.
check URL **[DHT]**  **[PeX]** [LSD]**  also udp tracker, seems working properly.
(test on windows 7 ultimate x64 4GB RAM. acer aspire i5)

humbert

As far as I know, Python is only for Qbittorrent's search feature. I believe it's because the search program is interpreted instead of compiled (like BASIC used to be). If you don't use it, then obviously you don't need Python.

How did you check if your ISP interferes with torrents? I know once there was a web site that did that with a Java based program, but I don't think the site is up any more. Besides, there's no point installing Java. Very few sites use it and Firefox blocks it by default, saying it's not safe to use.

iih

Quote from: humbert on March 21, 2014, 01:03 AM
As far as I know, Python is only for Qbittorrent's search feature. I believe it's because the search program is interpreted instead of compiled (like BASIC used to be). If you don't use it, then obviously you don't need Python.

How did you check if your ISP interferes with torrents? I know once there was a web site that did that with a Java based program, but I don't think the site is up any more. Besides, there's no point installing Java. Very few sites use it and Firefox blocks it by default, saying it's not safe to use.
Quote Me, See This thick as your Need, then Go Here Start Testing, Notes test result, DONE!

iih

Quote from: humbert on March 19, 2014, 02:50 AM
@iih -> Unlike you, I always test something before I either recommend it or not recommend it. In the case of Transmission, I tested it on Linux and found it a little too bland for my tastes. For this reason I recommended Qbittorrent as an option. I never said Transmission didn't work, it's just too bland for me.

I might ad last time I tested Qbittorrent for Windows, it had an excellent torrent search feature. I'm assuming the program is interpreted and not compiled because it requires Python to be installed.

I seriously doubt my ISP is interfering with my torrents. On big files with many peers, the speed I get is sometimes briefly beyond the maximum I'm paying for.
This is My Latest Speed Test ,expt Speed here, and Your Speed??
(u$ 65 a month), you pay more less than me, I guess (i don't know exactely in Texas US).

iih

Quote from: humbert on March 20, 2014, 12:50 AM

@humbert
Kind Humbert, This is the correct answer,

Python is needed ONLY if you want to search. It doesn't affect speed or performance.
If you don't want to use the  builtin torrent search then you don't need it.

My  Latest test qBittorent 3.19  NO Python Installed LINK
Proven Image here

iih

Updated to version qBittorent 3.1.9.1

humbert

You know what I think? All these torrent clients are basically the same thing. I've yet to see one that's really bad or one that outshines them all.

The people at µTorrent have been trying to get people to buy "µTorrent Plus". It's nothing more than unnecessary bloat. It's so lousy nobody even bothers to try to crack it.