(New) Testing Anti Virus Suites

Started by Vasudev, June 02, 2014, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on January 08, 2022, 03:39 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on January 06, 2022, 01:42 PM
Yikes! Do you have nvidia GPU  as primary display? Nvidia drivers aren't included in those.

I have a relatively old Nvidia GTX-970 which I bought several years ago. Unless you have money to burn don't even think of upgrading it, at least not at this time.  In any case, I'm not clear what any of this has to do with antivirus live CD's. I have yet to find one that boots on my system.

The only antivirus that might work is the one on the Parted Magic live CD. It started fine but it's confusing. I couldn't get it to do a scan.
I use 980M Alienware and its working fine for me. I will be moving to new laptop this year or next year depending on prices. I don't like paying extra import fees etc..
Have you checked if Asus has released new BIOS?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 09, 2022, 02:42 PM
I use 980M Alienware and its working fine for me.

By this do you mean it can boot those unbootable antivirus programs? Or do you mean something else?

I will be moving to new laptop this year or next year depending on prices.

In your case this makes perfect sense. You use your lappie for heavy duty games and for (I assume) processor-intensive  engineering programs in your job.

At this moment the only Asus hardware I have is an old lappie which I use for browsing, emails, and other general stuff. It's been a long while since new firmware was written for it. My current board is MSI which, frankly, works quite well. It was the only thing the computer store had in stock and I needed it immediately.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on January 10, 2022, 03:29 AM
I use 980M Alienware and its working fine for me.

By this do you mean it can boot those unbootable antivirus programs? Or do you mean something else?

I will be moving to new laptop this year or next year depending on prices.

In your case this makes perfect sense. You use your lappie for heavy duty games and for (I assume) processor-intensive  engineering programs in your job.

At this moment the only Asus hardware I have is an old lappie which I use for browsing, emails, and other general stuff. It's been a long while since new firmware was written for it. My current board is MSI which, frankly, works quite well. It was the only thing the computer store had in stock and I needed it immediately.
I don't game that much.
Then again I use my Ivybridge for coding duties and 6700hq has issues.