• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jastreb

Quote from: murphy78This is Windows 10 Build 10240 that was released to Windows Insiders.
We have unconfirmed reports that it was the same build that was sent to RTMs,
but that does not mean that it will be the same build that gets released to the public with the
General Availability release (GA) on July 29th.

Please don't ask if it's the RTM. It likely was sent to Manufacturing, but also likely not the same that the public will get with GA.
RTM does not mean what it used to. It is likely going to be patched or re-built for GA.
We don't know.

*ACTIVATION NOTICE*:

Upgrade from a Win7 (activated by daz loader in BIOS or CSM mode) or a legit 7/8/8.1 activated system (no KMS)
    After upgrade, make sure your system is activated
    After your system was activated you can clean install and just skip the key entry and it will be activated

humbert

@Jastreb - In compliance with our rules, please include an English translation in your signature. I suggest you leave the original in Cyrillic script and put the translation in parenthesis. It doesn't make too much sense to write that same text in Latin characters, that's not a translation.

As for Windows 10 - PATIENCE!! - Another 2 weeks of waiting won't kill you. Besides, it's a little too late to be playing around with pre-release versions.

jastreb

Quote from: humbert on July 20, 2015, 03:20 AM
As for Windows 10 - PATIENCE!! - Another 2 weeks of waiting won't kill you. Besides, it's a little too late to be playing around with pre-release versions.

Do you have a problem with a simple info?

humbert

Quote from: jastreb on July 20, 2015, 11:05 AM
Do you have a problem with a simple info?

Absolutely not! Forums exist so information can proliferate. My post was to remind everyone there was no need to hurry and play around with pre-release versions because the real thing will be available in about 2 weeks or less. Add to this the fact that these are unfinished test versions which tend to be buggy - or at least buggier than the official release.

Certainly an excellent reason to run Win 10 pre-release is to avoid activation hassles when the real thing is out. I posted the link.

humbert

As you all know, I had been suggesting a little patience when it comes to Windows 10. This morning I spoke to Maher. He informed me the official release of Windows 10 had been "leaked". He was running it and gave it awesome reviews. Based on his opinion, I changed my mind and decided to grab it. Sure enough, this thing is awesome - very stable and runs very fast.

If you guys want to install it, go to forums.digitallife.info -> Windows 10 forums -> Windows 10 RTM (Wzor Leak) and grab it. There were so many seeds and peers that my download speed reached an unbelievable 41.5 MiB/sec! I have never seen anything that fast. This is truly the real deal! The file is about 6GB and contains both the x64 and x86 versions. To install, simply mount the ISO and run the setup.exe program. It will install over Windows 7 or 8/8.1. There are no activation hassles. If your copy of Windows is activated, so will this.

Fortunately it gives you the option of restoring the start screen rather than using the new start menu (sort of). I guess the only thing I don't like about it so far is that many of the new included Metro apps can't be uninstalled. Also, if one of these apps is the default, when changing the default it points you to another pre-installed app or one in the Window Store (this does NOT apply to the browser). None of this scares me. If history has taught us anything, it's that before you even blink someone out there will find a solution.

I strongly recommend it, in particular for you guys who are still on Windows 7.

Vasudev

Tomorrow is the official release of Win 10.

somemayr

I have a copy of Windows 8.1 by Maher will Windows 10 install and Activate?

scarface

create a cmd file with notepad, paste this and execute it. If you don't have an invalid key name, you should see an icon appear to install windows 10 in the taskbar.
REG QUERY « HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators » /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if « %errorlevel% » == « 0 » GOTO RunGWX

reg add « HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser » /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN « \Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser »

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN « \Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser »

Powershell -Command « Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName ‘Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser’ -TaskPath ‘\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\' » | Find « Ready »

if NOT « %errorlevel% » == « 0 » ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN « \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig »

Shadow.97

I did the move to windows 8.1 a while ago. While sure 8 is great. There is a few features that I miss from Windows 7 still. I'm a bit lazy to explain right now. But basically, I really hope that these gets fixed. I have huge hopes from Windows 10. I was in contact with Microsoft USA Tollfree support through skype and asked a lot of questions regarding my cd key. If I'll be allowed to download an ISO from their official servers because I have a windows 8 cd key. The case is that you're not allowed an ISO download unlike when you have a cd key for windows 8 you can download it from their servers if you submit the cd key.
Sure though.. Their support which is most likely based in india(based on the accent) had huge issues understanding because I was speaking too fast. It's really interesting though seeing that a lot supports have their teams based in india. The queue times weren't horrible, but the things I love the most is that it doesn't cost anything to call unlike the numbers you usually call here in sweden for support. I'm quite amazed, as this queue was surprisingly fast compared to most swedish supports I've been in contact with. The support was lovely.

For the people who has downloaded it from mydigitallife. How do you deem the leakers trustworthy that they arent putting malware or other malicious files in your computer?
Fully honest I did not trust Maher's release enough to have it for an extremely long while. (Ex. payments, banklogin, main email. has not been accessed from the computers that have the ISO.)

humbert

While certainly I can understand your concern about obtaining a "non-official" versionn of Windows 10, I only went for it because Maher recommended it. If anybody know if something is legit, he does. Another thing - even if this is some sort of pre-release, rest assured it will be upgraded to the real thing in a matter of days.

Just like all releases of Windows, 10 has its annoyances. You can't uninstall many of the built-in "features" although you can disable them. Also, if you disable Windows Defender it keeps enabling itself AND the service can't be stopped. I found a goodie on winaero.com called "No Defender" which did shut it down. Some people may not like the new interface. I for one think it's a simple matter of learning it. Also - I will bet borrowed money that in the very near future there will be all kinds of Windows 10 programs and hacks that will eliminate these limitations, which is why I'm not too worried.  For now I like it and see no reason to downgrade.

@somemayr - if your copy of Windows 8.1 is activated then you're in luck. Windows 10 installs over it and retains the activation. I suggest you install it. See my post about how I got it. Get it from there, it works great.