• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

QuoteTheir support which is most likely based in india(based on the accent) had huge issues understanding because I was speaking too fast
Don't you guess why they are in India and not in Sweden? Well, they speak English and above all they are probably eager to work, albeit low wages. In France there are practically 4 million unemployed people, but when you are solicited by call centers, they are calling from Morocco or Tunisia. They are even asked to give French names like Julie or Sandrine. That's what globalization looks like.

Watch this video (a parody made by groland), it's the story of Laurent Montel who is ordering a pizza. He is a customer who wants to pay less and for that he's calling pizza 12 which makes its pizzas in Poland. The cheese of the pizza is made with the milk of the pregnancy of Olga and the meat is made with some delicious rat ham. He also has to deal with a call center in India (hence the dictionary French Bengali he bought...), and a few hours later a bum will deliver his pizza (and he really likes it).
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9prr9_grolandsat-pizza12_fun

Maher

Fast reply:
Leaked ISO images by WZor are the same originals Microsoft released today http://www.neowin.net/news/download-windows-10-isos
;)

Plus, there is no real RTM.. It's gone!
Since I installed the OS 4 days ago I've been getting updates from Microsoft.
They are trying hard to polish the system to make it as close to perfection as they could.

http://www.neowin.net/news/new-windows-10-patch-available-fixes-issues-created-by-previous-update

Love you all guys ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Shadow.97

Do NOT upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
Do make sure to Upgrade to Windows 8.1 and then to Windows 10.
I did this mistake. It reported as an invalid key, don't forget to make a solid backup point so you can always go back. :)

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on July 29, 2015, 06:55 AM
QuoteTheir support which is most likely based in india(based on the accent) had huge issues understanding because I was speaking too fast
Don't you guess why they are in India and not in Sweden? Well, they speak English and above all they are probably eager to work, albeit low wages. In France there are practically 4 million unemployed people, but when you are solicited by call centers, they are calling from Morocco or Tunisia. They are even asked to give French names like Julie or Sandrine. That's what globalization looks like.

Watch this video (a parody made by groland), it's the story of Laurent Montel who is ordering a pizza. He is a customer who wants to pay less and for that he's calling pizza 12 which makes its pizzas in Poland. The cheese of the pizza is made with the milk of the pregnancy of Olga and the meat is made with some delicious rat ham. He also has to deal with a call center in India (hence the dictionary French Bengali he bought...), and a few hours later a bum will deliver his pizza (and he really likes it).
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9prr9_grolandsat-pizza12_fun
They have a Swedish support number though, which gives the support in Swedish.
Problem for me is that I like to do my upgrades etc at nighttime, when the support is not open. Swedish support team is not there 24/7.

humbert

@Shadow - But "upgrades" do you mean Windows updates or what? Also, if you upgrade at night and something goes wrong, can't you wait a few hours to call tech support? Also, wouldn't playing around with the upgrade for a while totally rule out the possibility the problem is on your end?

Fortunately I don't have an activation problem this time around, but I'm wondering if that strange system with these bizarre MAK keys activated by calling the UK will also work for Windows 10.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on July 31, 2015, 04:31 AM
@Shadow - But "upgrades" do you mean Windows updates or what? Also, if you upgrade at night and something goes wrong, can't you wait a few hours to call tech support? Also, wouldn't playing around with the upgrade for a while totally rule out the possibility the problem is on your end?

Fortunately I don't have an activation problem this time around, but I'm wondering if that strange system with these bizarre MAK keys activated by calling the UK will also work for Windows 10.
No, upgrade, not update.
Do not go from Windows 8OS, to Windows 10OS. GO to windows 8.1OS first, before going to Windows 10OS.

Vasudev

Download torrent of Win 10 pro.

scarface

After testing windows 10, I'm not fully convinced. There are new applications like cortana or the new edge browser, but I'm not sure they are very useful. What's more the start menu is a bit "clogged up" by unnecessary items.
To reassure harkaz, sysprep is working, but it seems it requires the applications in the infusedapps folder like windows store...
in the end, I think like Fuj, it's not urgent to upgrade to windows 10.

QuoteWhen you put that version of Windows 10 in, did you do a clean install or were you able to install it over Windows 7?
Btw, to answer an old message of humbert, I installed a full version by using vmware.

humbert

There is indeed a lot of Metro stuff you can't delete. You can delete some, but not all. I did find a tweak that allows you to delete all of them in one shot. I didn't like it because there are some I don't want get rid of. In any case, you can bet borrowed money that sooner or later a tweaking program will overcome these limitations.

You can disable Windows Defender and Cortana in the Group Policy Editor. I'll post the tweaks if you want. Another thing that you might like is virtual desktops. Click the task view button on the taskbar or just Crtl-Winkey D for a new desktop, and Crtl-Winkey F4 to kill it. Crtl-Winkey left or right arrow moves between them.

Overall I do like Windows 10 and find that it runs better than previous incarnations of the OS. I'm not returning to 8.1, let alone 7.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 02, 2015, 12:43 AM
There is indeed a lot of Metro stuff you can't delete. You can delete some, but not all. I did find a tweak that allows you to delete all of them in one shot. I didn't like it because there are some I don't want get rid of. In any case, you can bet borrowed money that sooner or later a tweaking program will overcome these limitations.

You can disable Windows Defender and Cortana in the Group Policy Editor. I'll post the tweaks if you want. Another thing that you might like is virtual desktops. Click the task view button on the taskbar or just Crtl-Winkey D for a new desktop, and Crtl-Winkey F4 to kill it. Crtl-Winkey left or right arrow moves between them.

Overall I do like Windows 10 and find that it runs better than previous incarnations of the OS. I'm not returning to 8.1, let alone 7.
My lenovo lappie has so called shortcut keys for closing apps, switching between apps and etc.