• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on August 12, 2015, 10:38 PM
Intel is lazy for supporting & maintaining older chipsets and wants everyone to get a new board/chipset so they could get more money. Nvidia supports older hardware even-though the same runs like crap or stutters like hell on demanding apps or games which is not worth it.

You gotta keep in mind that the majority of lamers out there use their computers for logging on Facebook, checking email or some other task that a vintage 2007 CPU will do perfectly. Add to this they gotta try to keep the price down so these people can have access to computers. Naturally, higher end CPU's are available for the rest of us with more demanding tasks.

Player2

Quote from: humbert on August 14, 2015, 01:38 AM
You gotta keep in mind that the majority of lamers out there use their computers for logging on Facebook, checking email or some other task that a vintage 2007 CPU will do perfectly. Add to this they gotta try to keep the price down so these people can have access to computers. Naturally, higher end CPU's are available for the rest of us with more demanding tasks.
But you forget that all these users that use computers for Facebook bought machines with windows pre installed and are using built in graphics. Based on the time of release of these processors it was windows 7. Now they are seeing commercials that are encouraging them to update because it is free.
On the other hand all that these users need is a driver that send picture to their monitor. The built in driver is capable of doing that. If everything else is not working as it should they will not notice.

humbert

Quote from: Player2 on August 15, 2015, 08:46 AM
But you forget that all these users that use computers for Facebook bought machines with windows pre installed and are using built in graphics. Based on the time of release of these processors it was windows 7. Now they are seeing commercials that are encouraging them to update because it is free.
On the other hand all that these users need is a driver that send picture to their monitor. The built in driver is capable of doing that. If everything else is not working as it should they will not notice.

If the laptop they have came preloaded with Windows 7, according to Microsoft it should updated to Windows 10 with no problems. Problems begin with older hardware preloaded with XP. In your example, for what they do the built-in driver is pretty much all they need.

Keep in mind too that Vasudev was talking about hardware 2007 and prior. Windows 7 came out in 2009.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 15, 2015, 09:29 PM
Quote from: Player2 on August 15, 2015, 08:46 AM

If the laptop they have came preloaded with Windows 7, according to Microsoft it should updated to Windows 10 with no problems. Problems begin with older hardware preloaded with XP. In your example, for what they do the built-in driver is pretty much all they need.

Keep in mind too that Vasudev was talking about hardware 2007 and prior. Windows 7 came out in 2009.
I have a PC that ran Xp fine and after MS pulled the plug on Xp moved to 7 which was buttery smooth and you can guess how 10.x will run.

humbert

@Vasu - If your system can run Windows 7 OK, I don't think you'll have a problem with W10. I've been running W10 with no problems of any kind since it came out. In fact it runs better and faster. There's also a whole bunch of stuff out there to help get past W10's annoyances. Destroy Windows Spying is an absolute must have.

@Scarface - It's great you decided to do a W10 ISO.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 16, 2015, 08:44 PM
@Vasu - If your system can run Windows 7 OK, I don't think you'll have a problem with W10. I've been running W10 with no problems of any kind since it came out. In fact it runs better and faster. There's also a whole bunch of stuff out there to help get past W10's annoyances. Destroy Windows Spying is an absolute must have.

@Scarface - It's great you decided to do a W10 ISO.
For me windows search was not working.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on August 16, 2015, 10:38 PM

Who in their right mind uses Windows search? I disabled it on my copy immediately. In fact, as with any copy of Windows, the first thing you have to do is remove or disable "features".

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on August 19, 2015, 06:55 AM

Who in their right mind uses Windows search? I disabled it on my copy immediately. In fact, as with any copy of Windows, the first thing you have to do is remove or disable "features".
I use it alot to go to CMD, device manager etc.

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on August 19, 2015, 09:58 PM

I use it alot to go to CMD, device manager etc.

I always disabled MS search service, search just won't work even if I disabled or enabled windows search. MS just resolved it by releasing a cumulative update of 325MB. @Humbert: Does MSO 2010 work on w10?
@shadow97: You don't need search service to be enabled, and even if its disabled, you can search for finding anything.

humbert

@Shadow - for Windows 8 and higher, simply type Win-X and in the menu you'll see Command Prompt, Device Manager and plenty more. I don't see why you'd need search. Sadly MS had it right with the Windows 8 start menu - all you did was type and the program would come up. Now they tried to mix it together with a Bing search and formed a disaster, leaving us with no alternative but to disable search.

@Vasu - you who love acronyms - is MSO Microsoft Office2010? I only tested 2013 so far, but I see no reason 2010 won't work.