• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: Fuj on March 24, 2016, 02:15 PM
Yes, the infamous FDIV bug. What do Pentium and a rabbit have in common? They can multiply but can't divide. :) Such major fiascos don't happen these days because they don't need to recall, they just issue a microcode update.
Similar inaccurate results were obtained whilst running prime 95 with HT at 90% load on latest skylakes.

humbert

Quote from: Fuj on March 24, 2016, 02:15 PM
Yes, the infamous FDIV bug. What do Pentium and a rabbit have in common? They can multiply but can't divide. :) Such major fiascos don't happen these days because they don't need to recall, they just issue a microcode update.

Perhaps not, but I vividly remember I had to take my desktop into a dealer of their choosing. They replaced the CPU outright. In fact the talk going around was that Intel was grounding up the used CPU and reusing them for something.

usmangujjar

In few days, I will give another try to windows 10 Pro.
I will create a Lite version. I never care for updates, and like to trash many Windows builtin apps and features. I do this for routine use, internet surfing, MS Office and for some games.
Now downloaded up-to date iso from a torrent site.
I don't know anything about Windows 10 spying, maybe scarface and Vasudev have some tips.
Hope some members interested and give me suggestions.

There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH,
Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of ALLAH.

Vasudev

Quote from: usmangujjar on August 19, 2016, 09:10 PM
In few days, I will give another try to windows 10 Pro.
I will create a Lite version. I never care for updates, and like to trash many Windows builtin apps and features. I do this for routine use, internet surfing, MS Office and for some games.
Now downloaded up-to date iso from a torrent site.
I don't know anything about Windows 10 spying, maybe scarface and Vasudev have some tips.
Disable Connected user and telemetry,delivery optimisation and most of the spy would be disabled, around 60-70%. Will upload my service list if there's any new changes.

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on August 19, 2016, 09:10 PM

Disabling these "features" isn't difficult. If you want to go the fast way, you can use apps such as Do Not Spy or Destroy Windows Spying. Google them and simply follow the instructions. They'll even get rid of many of these useless Metro apps which come bundled with W10.

I know this is a pain but I feel it's worth it. The OS is very stable and works great.

peter47

Is there any link which helps me for free download of Windows 10 ?

Vasudev

You can directly download Win 10 from Microsoft. Choose the correct edition depending on your system Win 10 Single Language or Win 10 (can support wide array of languages). Approx size is 4 GB. Most OEMs use single lang. and simply Win 10 is your retail version.

Denied

yeah but will these programs disable mostly everthing? yesterday i did read about windows 10. i have done it before. but yesterday i did it again. read some articles and watched some videos. as i understand windows 10 is a malware spybot or something like that. i mean the data that they collect from a user is horrifying. from personal info: data, key strokes, relationship status, passwords etc and so on. the list goes on. doesn't that seem very strange? so really is there a way to turn all of this off? like almost everything? will the custom software do it? or do we need to go deeper into the registry and hosts file...

and what about software like O&O ShutUp10 & Spybot Anti-Beacon???

Vasudev

Yeah it must and should work, otherwise these SW are useless. If you use Express Settings whilst installation process, you must use these SW otherwise disable unnecessary service like Connected Users and Telemetry to get rid of telemetry completely.

humbert

I agree with Vasudev. Disabling spying and telemetry will NOT break the OS. It's all disabled on my end. I used tools such as Do Not Spy, Destroy Windows Spying, and O & O Shut Up without any problems. If you prefer to play it safe, you can also disable most of this in the settings. Hit Winkey-I, select Privacy and shut all that stuff off. You can also use the Group Policy Editor to disable Cortana, Windows Defender, etc. Search Google and you'll find it immediately.

In my opinion once you've done all this the OS works great. I see no reason to downgrade to a previous version.