• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Microsoft update Vbscript

Started by scarface, June 05, 2015, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

I said earlier I would provide you with a script to automatically activate Microsoft update. Here it is.
You just have to right click and click open. Then Mu is used instead of Wu when looking for updates.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=64245906884091751885

Shadow.97

Whats the difference if you use Mu or Wu, assuming it means, Windows update, and Microsoft Update

scarface

QuoteWhats the difference if you use Mu or Wu, assuming it means, Windows update, and Microsoft Update
Wu is only looking for updates designed for windows while MU is looking for updates designed for windows but also for the other Microsoft software installed.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on June 05, 2015, 10:57 PM
QuoteWhats the difference if you use Mu or Wu, assuming it means, Windows update, and Microsoft Update
Wu is only looking for updates designed for windows while MU is looking for updates designed for windows but also for the other Microsoft software installed.
Could you kindly make a tool to "roll back" these changes? I'm a bit scared to use these kind of tools as they don't come with an easy to rollback feature! Thank you in advance, I'll update soon!

humbert

While we're on the subject of updates, have any of you received the famous GWX update - the one that prompts you to register to get Windows 10 on July 29? I signed up, the only problem is the nag won't go away. I had to search Google to find out how to get rid of it.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on June 08, 2015, 04:16 AM
While we're on the subject of updates, have any of you received the famous GWX update - the one that prompts you to register to get Windows 10 on July 29? I signed up, the only problem is the nag won't go away. I had to search Google to find out how to get rid of it.
I've signed up. The icon is there, but it doesnt show any dialogs or bubbles. So I don't mind.

humbert

It's true the Windows 10 upgrade icon won't affect the OS. The issue is that it should go away as soon as you sign up, and it doesn't do that. This has to be some sort of marketing ploy on behalf of Microsoft (i.e., using your computer as an advertizement for anyone looking over your shoulder). I refuse to believe this is a programming error.