• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New hardware

Started by humbert, June 16, 2015, 06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

@Vasudev  :)
did you purchase that system  :o or are you gonna purchase in future.
what are your plans, I guess its GAMING 8)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Vasudev

I'm going to purchase in future. Bladeshark, don't you think i'm paying twice the amount. I think for the same price in the US will get you server. Main purpose is not for gaming but I don't mind playing casual games to kill my time. I want to know how thief 4 and newer games might run on newer system than old system.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Vasudev on June 19, 2015, 09:14 AM
I'm going to purchase in future.
ohh great !!! :D

Bladeshark, don't you think i'm paying twice the amount. I think for the same price in the US will get you server. Main purpose is not for gaming but I don't mind playing casual games to kill my time. I want to know how thief 4 and newer games might run on newer system than old system.
Yes you are paying a huge amount for a Computer as compared to Indian economy. A system above 1lakh is definitely a high investment. Why dont you go for ALIENWARE  :). I just love those systems.
btw can I know your current system requirements. :P
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Vasudev

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 20, 2015, 03:04 AM
I'm going to purchase in future.
ohh great !!! :D

Bladeshark, don't you think i'm paying twice the amount. I think for the same price in the US will get you server. Main purpose is not for gaming but I don't mind playing casual games to kill my time. I want to know how thief 4 and newer games might run on newer system than old system.

Yes you are paying a huge amount for a Computer as compared to Indian economy. A system above 1lakh is definitely a high investment. Why dont you go for ALIENWARE  :). I just love those systems.
btw can I know your current system requirements. :P
You want to know my current system specs, am I right?
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5500 @ 2.8GHz
Transcend 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB
Optiarc 5240S DVD Writer
Seasonic S12II 430W PSU
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5
14" HD Ready Acer X163WL
Logitech keyboard and Genius ps/2 mouse.
Creative SB A35

Shadow.97

Vasu? Isn't it better to go for a single gpu solution?
It keeps system more compact, and 1 card is easier to cool.
ESD protection?
What are you going to use this system for?

Personally using my 4690k, seems way more than I need except when playing GTA 5.
Don't forget some proper tools to remove thermal goo.. I've done that misstake.
I dont consider that build that expensive. I know it's way above most peoples budgets, but it doesn't seem like every part is super over-priced?
Atleast not when I compare it to Swedish prices. Maybe salaries are way lower?

humbert

@Vasu & Bladeshark - the prices you told us about are competitive when compared to here. I paid more for my i7-4790k than you. I needed it immediately and couldn't shop around, and the store had it in stock (remember my old board died suddenly). Also, I had to assemble it myself and I was afraid I might do something wrong. Sure enough, I made a mistake when I installed NVidia's software. The computer store diagnosed the problem and fixed it. No such option was available had it bought it from [for example] Amazon.

I don't understand the 2nd item on your list (Gammaxx 300 etc). My CPU included the cooling fan. I didn't pay anything for thermal paste so I'm assuming it was in the box (the guy at the store installed the CPU, I did everything else). Unless you're planning to seriously overclock this thing, the stock cooler is more than enough, even for intensive gaming.

When are you getting this? Before or after you rob your neighborhood bank? :)

@Shadow - I'm running 2 NVidia GTX-660's on SLI and frankly I have no problems with heat. In fact my new system runs cooler than the old AMD FX-8350. Even with these 2 mediocre cards SLI is great. In games you can see semi-transparent smoke from explosions moving around as if it were real. Rainbows, fires and shadows look as in a movie. I strongly recommend 2 cards unless you go for a monster like a GTX-980 or R9-380.

@Vasu - I highly commend you for your choice. This is an awesome system, very stable and fast as a bullet (I should know). Let's face it - AMD is good, but Intel is better.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 21, 2015, 05:50 AM
@Vasu & Bladeshark - the prices you told us about are competitive when compared to here. I paid more for my i7-4790k than you. I needed it immediately and couldn't shop around, and the store had it in stock (remember my old board died suddenly). Also, I had to assemble it myself and I was afraid I might do something wrong. Sure enough, I made a mistake when I installed NVidia's software. The computer store diagnosed the problem and fixed it. No such option was available had it bought it from [for example] Amazon.

I don't understand the 2nd item on your list (Gammaxx 300 etc). My CPU included the cooling fan.

When are you getting this? Before or after you rob your neighborhood bank? :)

@Shadow - I'm running 2 NVidia GTX-660's on SLI and frankly I have no problems with heat. In fact my new system runs cooler than the old AMD FX-8350. Even with these 2 mediocre cards SLI is great. In games you can see semi-transparent smoke from explosions moving around as if it were real. Rainbows, fires and shadows look as in a movie. I strongly recommend 2 cards unless you go for a monster like a GTX-980 or R9-380.

@Vasu - I highly commend you for your choice. This is an awesome system, very stable and fast as a bullet (I should know). Let's face it - AMD is good, but Intel is better.
I'm buying a tray cpu and not a box one, so I save 5k w/o extended warranty and cooler from intel. Boxed ones costs 32k.
Rob a bank? Not really.
When you buy a tray one you don't get a cooler that is why you need an aftermarket cooler.
I was waiting and waiting till AMD would release a better cpu, frankly intel is reigning king so better side with the king.
@Shadow97-> i5 & i7 cost difference is around 3k so i7 is better option than upgrading pc every 4 years.

shhnedo

Quote from: humbert on June 21, 2015, 05:50 AMLet's face it - AMD is good, but Intel is better.
Let's hope AMD gives Intel a run for it'smoney when Zen comes out. Else... we're gonna be stuck with sky-high prices on the Intel side and that's not good for us, the consumers.

Intel will absolutely never be alone in the market. Even if AMD goes under (which I doubt), someone else will take their place. Intel's prices are already significantly higher than AMD. An remember the vast majority of people aren't like us who lust for the very latest and fastest CPU. If they can read email and get on Facebook they're happy, and for this AMD will work perfectly.