• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Questions for Maher

Started by humbert, August 30, 2011, 06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Maher on September 14, 2011, 03:56 PM
I do not have enough time now.

Trust me, I know exactly where you're coming from. Any time someone talks about the stuff I didn't include in the quote, I usually say "don't get me started."  ;D

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on September 17, 2011, 05:48 AM

Trust me, I know exactly where you're coming from. Any time someone talks about the stuff I didn't include in the quote, I usually say "don't get me started."  ;D
Didn't understand you Humb!
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

It's really very simple. I was discussing a topic which I know for a fact is very close to you, both physically and in every regard. Here when someone mentions something about a matter they find upsetting, we usually say "don't get me started", which simply means something like 'let's talk about something else because I could go on forever ranting about this' (or something to that effect). It's one thing to see what happens in Qalqilya in the news, but quite another to live with it and put up with it like you do.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on September 18, 2011, 05:25 AM

It's really very simple. I was discussing a topic which I know for a fact is very close to you, both physically and in every regard. Here when someone mentions something about a matter they find upsetting, we usually say "don't get me started", which simply means something like 'let's talk about something else because I could go on forever ranting about this' (or something to that effect). It's one thing to see what happens in Qalqilya in the news, but quite another to live with it and put up with it like you do.
Got it.
But don't worry, it's okay for me.

humbert

----------
Got it.

I'm glad it's OK for you over there. As you know, I consider you my brother and thinking of situations of you and your people being endlessly harrassed by the occupiers is very bothersome. By what you're telling me I trust and hope that's not the case. Curious again -- what kind of work do you do? I assume it's got to be something having to do with computers. Do they pay you in Sheckels or some other currency?

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on September 19, 2011, 05:06 AM
----------
Got it.

I'm glad it's OK for you over there. As you know, I consider you my brother and thinking of situations of you and your people being endlessly harrassed by the occupiers is very bothersome. By what you're telling me I trust and hope that's not the case. Curious again -- what kind of work do you do? I assume it's got to be something having to do with computers. Do they pay you in Sheckels or some other currency?
Thank you Humb, I also consider you as a brother :)
Yes, I'm now teaching computer science at school.
In Palestine we deal in sheckels (NIS).

humbert

Quote from: Maher on September 20, 2011, 02:33 PM

I see. Out of curiosity, what level computer science do you teach? For example, do you teach children (and possibly older people) what a computer is and how to use Windows, or do you teach more advanced stuff like CSS or HTML, programming in C++ or any other language,etc.?

Do you have a car? If not then do you use public transportation to get around?

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on September 23, 2011, 06:23 AM
Quote from: Maher on September 20, 2011, 02:33 PM

I see. Out of curiosity, what level computer science do you teach? For example, do you teach children (and possibly older people) what a computer is and how to use Windows, or do you teach more advanced stuff like CSS or HTML, programming in C++ or any other language,etc.?

Do you have a car? If not then do you use public transportation to get around?
I teach children from 11 - 18 years old.
I teach them how computers works, how to use Windows, office and such programs. And little programming using Visual Basic.

I don't have a car. I use public transportation.

humbert

Quote from: Maher on September 23, 2011, 10:33 PM
I teach them how computers works, how to use Windows, office and such programs. And little programming using Visual Basic.

That's interesting. I've never really had the time (or perhaps the interest) of exploring programming, but anything you can learn is great!

You know, with the exception of New York, this country (the US) was never designed with public transportation in mind. Instead (and with pressure from the automotive and trucking industries), large amounts of money were poured into building extensive road systems. The result -- you either have a car or you're dead. I've traveled to New York, Madrid and Paris, and in those 3 places you do not need a car. Quite the opposite, a car is a disturbance because of the heavy traffic, narrow streets and roads, and especially because finding a place to park is a major hassle. I hate having to own a car. Expenses such as insurance, gasoline, maintenance & repairs, monthly payments (if you're financing) pile up. Oh well, what can you do over a matter you don't control?

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on September 25, 2011, 05:39 AM
Quote from: Maher on September 23, 2011, 10:33 PM

That's interesting. I've never really had the time (or perhaps the interest) of exploring programming, but anything you can learn is great!

You know, with the exception of New York, this country (the US) was never designed with public transportation in mind. Instead (and with pressure from the automotive and trucking industries), large amounts of money were poured into building extensive road systems. The result -- you either have a car or you're dead. I've traveled to New York, Madrid and Paris, and in those 3 places you do not need a car. Quite the opposite, a car is a disturbance because of the heavy traffic, narrow streets and roads, and especially because finding a place to park is a major hassle. I hate having to own a car. Expenses such as insurance, gasoline, maintenance & repairs, monthly payments (if you're financing) pile up. Oh well, what can you do over a matter you don't control?
Yes, I always hear them say: "you can't live in usa without a car".