• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Need Help

Started by romeomaster, September 05, 2015, 06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romeomaster

Hello Guys , Im new to this forum :) i have a problem with my laptop , specs ???
i3
4g ram
intel hd 4000
, i format my laptop bec it was lagy ,
so i format with windows 8.1 pro x64
i open task manager and ram goes to 500-550 , at that moment my laptop was so fast , than i install all drivers with SDI snappy driver installer , i restart and my laptop make some noise like wwwwwwww lol : i open task manager and my ram go about 850 - 1000 , i restart laptop i left for about 5 min not doing nothing i look at the ram and was again 950 , so i know that the problem is on drivers but how to fix that , if i format again drivers need to be installed so did someone know another way ?
THANKS

scarface

Well, I know from experience that when a computer is making some noise, it is usually due to mechanical parts. If it's a bit old, it's perhaps a problem due to the HDD. It seems the configuration is pretty decent, you shouldn't have problems with that. I sold my computer a few months ago and I had the same configuration. In fact my new one is a bit more powerful, and yet, I rapidly replaced the original HDD with my former SSD, the boot time is awesome, and there is no noise. When I arrived on the forum in 2013, I remember  I broke a HDD just because it fell from my mattress onto the floor. It was not a big fall, but there was a rattling sound, it was over. In case it's not the HDD, try to use windows 7, it might need less RAM.

scarface

Since you didn't specify where the noise was coming from, I assume it could be the fan. Maybe the fan needs to be cleaned, after a few months they are usually full of dust and that may heat up the pc.

Yoda

+1 for the cooler fan too...I think it has dust...
Try clean it with pressurized air or it can get worst, like it will start shutting off automatically from overheating...
May The Force Be With You ...

shhnedo

What you're experiencing with your ram being taken up(~1GB) is perfectly normal for an x64 windows at 4GB of physical ram available.
As strange as it may be, windows has it's own way of using RAM since Windows 7, I believe.
That being said, Microsoft has kindly put a Task Manager in windows so we can see what's taking up CPU/RAM and dealing with it as necessary. Now, open your task manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc), go to Details tab and arange the programs by Memory. If you notice some .exe with a strange name(and/or it looks suspicious), google it and see what should(not) be done.

Vasudev

Quote from: romeomaster on September 05, 2015, 06:29 PM
Hello Guys , Im new to this forum :) i have a problem with my laptop , specs ???
i3
4g ram
intel hd 4000
, i format my laptop bec it was lagy ,
so i format with windows 8.1 pro x64
i open task manager and ram goes to 500-550 , at that moment my laptop was so fast , than i install all drivers with SDI snappy driver installer , i restart and my laptop make some noise like wwwwwwww lol : i open task manager and my ram go about 850 - 1000 , i restart laptop i left for about 5 min not doing nothing i look at the ram and was again 950 , so i know that the problem is on drivers but how to fix that , if i format again drivers need to be installed so did someone know another way ?
THANKS
I guess your cpu is running @1.8GHz with HT and that seems to be the problem. I couldn't figure out a way to disable HT through UEFI/BIOS.

romeomaster

thanks guys all of you , so i didnt explait when the noise come from , so i cant remember well but when i buy laptop about december 2014 , it was windows 8.1 and i make windows 7 , and there was no problem about noise , i open google chrome , mozilla and no noise , than i watch my friend laptop win 8.1 and i like the futures , than i make windows 8.1 my laptop , this is about 2 months , so when i install windows 8.1 i like it to much , so fast boot from win 7 , so many futures , but the problem was and is that when i install win 8.1 i updated SDI all drivers becouse drivers was old , now i think that the drivers are not stable , right now i left laptop for 5 min is pretty quiet , when i open chrome that noise start , might be that HDD , when gaming that noise become to hight and when i touch the fan it was to heat bec gaming , i play BF 3 for about 2-3 hours and no shutdown off automatically , i neve had that , no dust is in fan , the laptop is very clean bec i left it on clean place i not move around , anyway , i will go cleaning it , i will come back  to explain more after i clean , hope i fix that

romeomaster

guys i think i know the problem , i was installing csgo pirate and my laptop dont make any sound , was pretty quiet , i open task manager and i watch cpu was about 2-3 % ram about 70-80 % hdd 100% and no noise , after setup finish i open game and laptop make noise , open task manager and cpu was hight , and the problem is with cpu , so is there any way to fix that any suggest , please help

Vasudev

Quote from: romeomaster on September 11, 2015, 03:37 PM
guys i think i know the problem , i was installing csgo pirate and my laptop dont make any sound , was pretty quiet , i open task manager and i watch cpu was about 2-3 % ram about 70-80 % hdd 100% and no noise , after setup finish i open game and laptop make noise , open task manager and cpu was hight , and the problem is with cpu , so is there any way to fix that any suggest , please help
Are you running steam or any other pgms during startup? Just check with CCleaner to clear out junk files and reboot. Run a scan with your current Av for possible infections.

romeomaster

i use ccleaner , ihave 360 security , everything optimized , start up laptop is about 30 sec , the problem is with cpu , can drivers cause problem ? maybe drivers and not stable ?