Author Topic: Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase  (Read 117101 times)

May 24, 2020, 05:25 AM
Reply #330
  • Global Moderator
Note that an updated version of windows 10 will be available tomorrow.

May 24, 2020, 11:34 PM
Reply #331
  • Global Moderator
Note that an updated version of windows 10 will be available tomorrow.
I think Win 10 build 2004 is live since WHDownloader shows 2004 build updates.
I am reinstalling W7 VM since there was some kind of issue after clean installing Ubuntu 20.

May 27, 2020, 09:38 PM
Reply #332
  • Global Moderator
I am reinstalling W7 VM since there was some kind of issue after clean installing Ubuntu 20.

Is Ubuntu your primary OS, or is it just for the computer you use for work?

June 05, 2020, 12:29 PM
Reply #333
  • Global Moderator

Is Ubuntu your primary OS, or is it just for the computer you use for work?
Yeah its 80:20 usage on all my laptops. I use windows 10 for gaming, ms office only!

June 05, 2020, 12:43 PM
Reply #334
  • Global Moderator
Note that the latest Nvidia driver repack will be available soon here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg35471#msg35471
The new windows 10 iso will not be available because there is no significant change (only new vc redist/new drivers). In the next version there will be updated programs too.
Try non-bloated nvidia drivers https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/nVidia-modded-Inf

June 05, 2020, 05:14 PM
Reply #335
  • Global Moderator
To Vasudev: I'm already making a light repack...

June 06, 2020, 09:18 PM
Reply #336
  • Global Moderator
Yeah its 80:20 usage on all my laptops. I use windows 10 for gaming, ms office only!

There is no question that most distros of Linux run better than Windows. Sadly there is terrible lack of support, and in many cases they're not as configurable. If you have a 4K screen as I do on my desktop, most distros have no way to run a hi-dpi configuration. You need a magnifying glass to read anything. Also, the constant and incessant password prompt cannot be totally turned off. No matter how much you try to tell developers that many people don't really need it and to make it optional, they are intransigent and will force you to use it regardless.

As for running Windows as a VM under a distro of Linux, you could easily get away with MS Office. But a hi-powered game -- forget it! Sure, you can easily play Solitaire, but don't even try to play Call of Duty. I realize many games have been ported to Linux. The only problem is the gamers mouse won't work -- no Linux support from the manufacturer, at least not from Logitech.

June 06, 2020, 09:34 PM
Reply #337
  • Global Moderator
Note that I have been arrested by the confinement police, I was driving my car. Since I had no attestation, they gave me a fine.

Back briefly to the "pandemic" garbage, don't feel like starting a new topic.

Believe it or not, I'm watching a LIVE football game on TV as we speak. The Costa Rican football association did a wise thing -- they've reopened for business, TV coverage only. There is not a soul in the stands. Wouldn't it be nice if all sports leagues did the same thing? It's certainly better than the current full stop on all competition, and they would slowly get ready to fully reopen once all this nonsense ends. You can't go from a full stop to full competition in a single day.

June 23, 2020, 01:26 PM
Reply #338
Thanks for this new update. I've been using the Maher Win 7 Ultimate June 2014 release, never could get the Roll-up to work. Need to do a new clean install,  looks like this should work for me.

Are there any pointers here to getting a USB boot install for this ISO on an ASUS board? I have a Z270 based board, and tried using Rufus with the recommended settings but can't get a stick to boot.

Also, how can I get a donation to you for your work on this ISO?

Thanks !

June 23, 2020, 02:01 PM
Reply #339
  • Global Moderator
Thanks for this new update. I've been using the Maher Win 7 Ultimate June 2014 release, never could get the Roll-up to work. Need to do a new clean install,  looks like this should work for me.

Are there any pointers here to getting a USB boot install for this ISO on an ASUS board? I have a Z270 based board, and tried using Rufus with the recommended settings but can't get a stick to boot.

Also, how can I get a donation to you for your work on this ISO?

Thanks !
Well, sometimes it is not easy to install new updates on windows 7 indeed. You must be talking about the convenient update. To install every update, I used to start from scratch too.

As for a windows 7 usb bootable key, I'm sure you can do it with the windows 7 usb dvd download tool. It works for windows 10 too, available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485
Of course, you have to go to the Bios so that you can boot from USB. Usually you have a boot menu which looks like this: https://i.ibb.co/kX1z62p/boot.jpg

As for a donation, I don't need anything. Instead, I advise you to contact humbert, (you can send him some banknotes if you have his address) or try to contact Maher directly...
However, I don't have your avatar yet, and it seems we have a vacancy. You can send me a link if you have a picture to put among them: https://i.ibb.co/4RKKVFb/avatars.jpg
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 02:46 PM by scarface »