• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 15, 2021, 11:37 PM
Humbert made a fuss about windows 7 because he considers that windows 7 is obsolete. And he’s right but not for the good reasons. In fact, if you are analyzing the successor, windows 10, there is practically no innovation. Novelty is a marketing strategy for firms to earn more money.

W7 is obsolete not because it doesn't work but because it's no longer supported, and not just by M$. Are there hardware makers who continue to write drivers for W7? Planned obsolence has been central to electronics since Intel first developed the 4004 in 1971, or probably before that. I see no sense in continuing to run an unsupported OS when the current one can be had for free and, as you said, doesn't have all that many innovations. Notice that only Vasudev answered my question about who is still using W7, and even then it's due to reasons beyond his control.

I'm planning to go to W11 as soon as someone has a working copy with that secure boot garbage disabled -- and NOT because W10 doesn't work.

scarface

Today, windows 11 with the November updates are available on the forum.

If you’re looking at the differences between Windows 11 and Windows 10, the biggest ones will be the Start Menu and the Taskbar. But the new Start menu turned out to be pretty much unusable, that's why a classic start menu was restored in this version. Windows defender was disabled.
This new version includes directx 9, net core 5, and a few programs.
In theory, there is neither TPM nor secured boot needed.
Humbert Vasudev, and the users of the forum who need it can download it below.

Link: Windows 11 Pro x64

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on September 24, 2021, 12:00 PM
Today, windows 11 RTM is available on the forum.

If you’re looking at the differences between Windows 11 and Windows 10, the biggest ones will be the Start Menu and the Taskbar. But the new Start menu turned out to be pretty much unusable, that's why a classic start menu was restored in this version. Windows defender was disabled.
This new version includes directx 9, net core 5, and a few programs.
In theory, there is neither TPM nor secured boot needed.
Humbert Vasudev, and the users of the forum who need it can download it below.

Link: Windows 11 Pro x64

Win 11 will not run on any laptops I own! I'm waiting for 21H2 to be released. There is some OS file corruptions preventing CU updates from working on my old PC.

humbert

Scarface â–º  Does your copy of Windows 11 also include those strange programs I have to spend time deleting, or is it clean?
Also, can you install it over Windows 10 by mounting it and running setup?

Vasu â–º With respect to your comment about your laptops not running, is it because of unsupported CPU's or do you think it's something else? Do you get an error message?

Fortunately Windows 11 still supports the full start screen.😀  The start screen is the best thing Micro$haft ever came up with. Why people don't want it is beyond my comprehension. What could be easier than hitting the windows key and finding the program you want staring you in the face?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 25, 2021, 05:44 AM
Scarface â–º  Does your copy of Windows 11 also include those strange programs I have to spend time deleting, or is it clean?
No, there aren't too many programs. But If there still are too many programs, you will surely tell me the ones that are not needed.
Actually, besides 7zip or winrar, there are a few add-ons. For example, open-shell is present and some registry entries were integrated in order to have a classic Start menu. The original Start menu of Windows 11 is unusable as you can see below with some icons for "Calendar", "Photos" and "Microsoft store", but I couldn't find how to reach the other programs.

I mounted the disk and launched something called "setup.exe" and the installation started. I assume it would have worked. Actually, I'm not in a hurry to install this new version of windows 11. I'm still using an old version of Windows 10 that I installed early 2019, and when the computer gave up I got back the hard drive and the new computer was able to boot it.
You should be astoonished at how quickly Windows 11 became available on the forum though.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 25, 2021, 05:44 AM

Vasu â–º With respect to your comment about your laptops not running, is it because of unsupported CPU's or do you think it's something else? Do you get an error message?

Fortunately Windows 11 still supports the full start screen.😀  The start screen is the best thing Micro$haft ever came up with. Why people don't want it is beyond my comprehension. What could be easier than hitting the windows key and finding the program you want staring you in the face?
It is because of unsupported CPUs Skylake 6700hq and ivybridge Pentium 2020M(upgradable to i7 3610/3630QM).

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on September 26, 2021, 08:47 PM
It is because of unsupported CPUs Skylake 6700hq and ivybridge Pentium 2020M(upgradable to i7 3610/3630QM).
Your CPU is unsupported indeed. Note that my Cpu is supported, but it's not faster than yours.
Should you test the disk image above, this edition would likely bypass this restriction.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on September 26, 2021, 09:51 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on September 26, 2021, 08:47 PM
Your CPU is unsupported indeed. Note that my Cpu is supported, but it's not faster than yours.
Should you test the disk image above, this edition would likely bypass this restriction.
Yeah will check it out.
The current issue I am facing is Appx aka WindowsApps corrupted and I had tried installing LTSC packages which add MS store and other reqd. appx.
Tried in-place upgrade through ISO which didn't work.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 25, 2021, 11:48 PM
No, there aren't too many programs. But If there still are too many programs, you will surely tell me the ones that are not needed. Actually, besides 7zip or winrar, there are a few add-ons

It's not so that they're "not needed", it's that not everyone uses them. I believe it would make more sense to put a text file on the desktop with a list and links to programs you recommend. That way the user can choose individually which to install and which to skip. This will save both you and the user plenty of time.

I do agree that it would be a good idea to install 7zip or (even better) a cracked copy of Winrar. It's just a tiny file called rarreg.key that goes in the Winrar's folder. Upgrading is no problem because that tiny file stays permanent. Winrar does everything, you don't even need 7zip (I believe).

I mounted the disk and launched something called "setup.exe" and the installation started. I assume it would have worked. Actually, I'm not in a hurry to install this new version of windows 11. I'm still using an old version of Windows 10 that I installed early 2019, and when the computer gave up I got back the hard drive and the new computer was able to boot it.
You should be astoonished at how quickly Windows 11 became available on the forum though.

I'm not clear about something. On this copy of Win11 you posted, at least you ran the installation all the way to the end to make sure it works -- right? At least on top of VMWare.

Although eventually we will all be upgrading to W11, I agree it's still way too early to do so. As of this date I'm not even seeing the official release on the torrent sites. We need to give it a few more months before taking the leap. Let's let these hackers tweak it and get it to work the way it should.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 28, 2021, 05:24 AM
No, there aren't too many programs. But If there still are too many programs, you will surely tell me the ones that are not needed. Actually, besides 7zip or winrar, there are a few add-ons

It's not so that they're "not needed", it's that not everyone uses them. I believe it would make more sense to put a text file on the desktop with a list and links to programs you recommend. That way the user can choose individually which to install and which to skip. This will save both you and the user plenty of time.

I do agree that it would be a good idea to install 7zip or (even better) a cracked copy of Winrar. It's just a tiny file called rarreg.key that goes in the Winrar's folder. Upgrading is no problem because that tiny file stays permanent. Winrar does everything, you don't even need 7zip (I believe).

I'm not clear about something. On this copy of Win11 you posted, at least you ran the installation all the way to the end to make sure it works -- right? At least on top of VMWare.

Although eventually we will all be upgrading to W11, I agree it's still way too early to do so. As of this date I'm not even seeing the official release on the torrent sites. We need to give it a few more months before taking the leap. Let's let these hackers tweak it and get it to work the way it should.
You will find genuine from MSFT or even MDL forums rather than checking torrent sites. You can find UUP dump here and compile full blown ISO with all editions https://uupdump.net/selectlang.php?id=40247218-1c93-41ca-8470-bda1cc93d7b9