• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 28, 2021, 05:24 AM
I do agree that it would be a good idea to install 7zip or (even better) a cracked copy of Winrar. It's just a tiny file called rarreg.key that goes in the Winrar's folder. Upgrading is no problem because that tiny file stays permanent. Winrar does everything, you don't even need 7zip (I believe).
Well, since I use both programs, they are both integrated. And yes, winrar is a full version. I made an installer of winrar with my own settings so I know how it works.
Vasudev already told me winrar was useless but I decided to keep it anyway. If you don't like this version of windows, maybe you should download the original version, but I find it unusable. I had to take drastic measures to get the windows 95 start menu and the classic right-click menu back.

Quote from: scarface on September 25, 2021, 11:48 PM
I'm not clear about something. On this copy of Win11 you posted, at least you ran the installation all the way to the end to make sure it works -- right? At least on top of VMWare.
it was installed once to capture it as soon as it was modified. Then it was reinstalled to see if everything was right indeed. Actually the second installation is not really needed but it's better to check if there is no corruption during the conversion from WIM to ESD.

humbert

QuoteYou will find genuine from MSFT or even MDL forums rather than checking torrent sites. You can find UUP dump here and compile full blown ISO with all editions https://uupdump.net/selectlang.php?id=40247218-1c93-41ca-8470-bda1cc93d7b9

It says "Insider Preview". Is the the one scheduled for release Oct 5? If so it's also available on the torrents. I believe the clean, unaltered version is not the way to go. I'm not concerned with the CPU. I absolutely hate secure boot, especially if the whole idea is to prevent users from booting from flashdrives.

QuoteVasudev already told me winrar was useless but I decided to keep it anyway.

I respectfully disagree. You can do all kinds of things with Winrar. It'll decompress just about anything you throw at it and it'll compress with all kinds of options. I prefer it to 7zip.

QuoteIf you don't like this version of windows, maybe you should download the original version, but I find it unusable. I had to take drastic measures to get the windows 95 start menu and the classic right-click menu back.

Like a said before, this is not the time to upgrade. Let me ask: were you able to disable TPM and secure boot? I've seen hacks online that explain how to do that. I don't remember the URL, but Google it and it'll appear. What I'm wondering if M$ closed those loopholes or what exactly is the situation.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 30, 2021, 05:49 AM
It says "Insider Preview".
Vasudev gave you a link for the Dev channel versions.
Build 22000.194 will be the one released on October 5 (and the one that you can download above).

Like a said before, this is not the time to upgrade.
And yet you said we would be forced to upgrade a few days ago.
In my opinion if you want to see for yourself what's new or rather the similarities with windows 7 and 10, you should use vmware and try to install this version.
I added a link for vmware 12 here: https://mega.nz/file/NB1SDQ4Y#1rX4C3JBL0mRO43DvtLE1qyK0Uv1f6D9SHP2oTxSAgk

Let me ask: were you able to disable TPM and secure boot?
They are out of service.

Vasudev

QuoteYou will find genuine from MSFT or even MDL forums rather than checking torrent sites. You can find UUP dump here and compile full blown ISO with all editions https://uupdump.net/selectlang.php?id=40247218-1c93-41ca-8470-bda1cc93d7b9

It says "Insider Preview". Is the the one scheduled for release Oct 5? If so it's also available on the torrents. I believe the clean, unaltered version is not the way to go. I'm not concerned with the CPU. I absolutely hate secure boot, especially if the whole idea is to prevent users from booting from flashdrives.

QuoteVasudev already told me winrar was useless but I decided to keep it anyway.

I respectfully disagree. You can do all kinds of things with Winrar. It'll decompress just about anything you throw at it and it'll compress with all kinds of options. I prefer it to 7zip.

QuoteIf you don't like this version of windows, maybe you should download the original version, but I find it unusable. I had to take drastic measures to get the windows 95 start menu and the classic right-click menu back.

Like a said before, this is not the time to upgrade. Let me ask: were you able to disable TPM and secure boot? I've seen hacks online that explain how to do that. I don't remember the URL, but Google it and it'll appear. What I'm wondering if M$ closed those loopholes or what exactly is the situation.
I use 7zip since I switch between Linux and Windows and with 7zip you can compress/decompress any files, rar5 etc.. Much more convenient and open source. I used to use WinRAR during XP and switched to 7z.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 25, 2021, 05:44 AM
Scarface â–º  Does your copy of Windows 11 also include those strange programs I have to spend time deleting, or is it clean?
Since you wanted to know what programs were integrated in both windows 10 and 11... here is the AIO installer that is used to install all the programs present in both windows 10 and windows 11.
As you know, many more programs were present before, but I removed them since you deemed them "unnecessary" in a tantrum.
You must be warned: this is a switchless installer, all the programs will be installed once executed. If you don't want to install them, extract its content to see what is inside.
I'm counting on humbert and Vasudev to get feedback and improvement ideas.

You can download this installer here: https://mega.nz/file/Ic80BTCa#Q7IwzFLjKCavY23QR30BRode79FF4namY6y5JqYrEv4
I will remove it when you have downloaded it, since it contains full version programs.

humbert

QuoteSince you wanted to know what programs were integrated in both windows 10 and 11... here is the AIO installer that is used to install all the programs present in both windows 10 and windows 11.
As you know, many more programs were present before, but I removed them since you deemed them "unnecessary" in a tantrum.

No tantrum, my dear. Just stating my recommendation.

QuoteAnd yet you said we would be forced to upgrade a few days ago.
In my opinion if you want to see for yourself what's new or rather the similarities with windows 7 and 10, you should use vmware and try to install this version.

I said that EVENTUALLY we will all be, in effect, forced to upgrade. Now is not the time. And yes, I agree that Win11 is not much more than Win10 with some more restrictions and upgraded bloat. The problem is that eventually that's what they'll be supporting and W10 will go the way of its predecessors. That's not going to happen any time soon. Let's wait for these guys to fix and improve it.

BTW they're doing something right. W11 runs a little faster on Virtualbox.

QuoteI use 7zip since I switch between Linux and Windows and with 7zip you can compress/decompress any files, rar5 etc.. Much more convenient and open source. I used to use WinRAR during XP and switched to 7z.

I'm going to give it a good look. Your recommendations have always been very solid.

scarface

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on October 03, 2021, 02:28 AM
Note that Windows 10 21H2 is available here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg36418#msg36418
Lovely! I might release 21H2 ISO since I'm using 21H2 using enablement package.

scarface

Note that windows 7, 10 and 11 have been updated in this topic...
A New Nvidia drivers repack for win 10 and 11 is available too (in the message featuring Mr baboon).
Some new tweaks were integrated in windows 10 and 11 (for example, the useless shortcuts for the folders "pictures, videos", "documents"...were removed in "This pc".

scarface

Note that new versions of windows will be available on the forum tomorrow.
For windows 11, a new modded applications could be embedded in order to launch apk files.