BLADESHARK

�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

humbert

Quote from: bladeshark on February 08, 2012, 09:10 AM
HELLO NADEEM
yeh image bahut hi achaa hai,
pehli baat ki is image se aap upgrade nai kar sakte hai
mein aap ko batata hu kaise install karte hai xp

Not to change the subject but again my curiosity has gotten the best of me. Has the Arabic language been officially transliterated so it can be written in the Latin alphabet, or did you just do that on your own? As I'm sure you know, you can add Arabic as one of your languages in Windows and switch back and forth using Alt-LeftShift. The site will support it, I know that because I've posted wierd characters from Windows Character Map without much of a problem. Also, since you added an English translation, you are well within Maher's rules.

Changing back -- are those screenshots of Device Manager with the yellow question marks from your computer or Nadeem's?

BLADESHARK

screenshots are from build easy PC.com[watermark] not mine or nadeem's
& the language is HINDI and not Arabic

Thank You!!!!!

humbert

Quote from: bladeshark on February 09, 2012, 07:20 AM
Thank You!!!!!

As for that build easy computer, whoever installed Windows didn't do his homework and forgot to put in the proper drivers.  :)

Regarding the language, first thanks for the clarification -- I should have looked at your profile first to see you were from India. Ever the curious one, I have 2 questions for you:

Regarding Hindi, let me ask the very same question I asked when I thought it was Arabic: have they transliterated Hindi so it could be written in Latin letters (as the Japanese have successfully done), or did you just do that yourself? As I mentioned before, surely your computer has installed Hindi as an additional language -- in fact I just checked on the "Region and Language" section of Control Panel and, sure enough, Hindi is supported. I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that since English is also widely spoken in India, your keyboard must be similar to those I saw in Taiwan and like Ahmad told me he had, i.e., in the upper right hand corner are the Latin characters (for English) and the lower left hand corner has the corresponding (or closest) Hindi characters. As I also mentioned before, you could have written Nadeem in Hindi. Since you included a translation you are within Maher's rules.

The 2nd question I wanted to ask you -- given the animosity that has existed with Pakistan almost since independence from Britain, and given the fact that Islam is the predominant religion there whereas Hindu predominates in India, do you encounter difficulties with this, or does the Hindu majority respect your beliefs and have no problems with the fact that there may be a Mosque across the street?

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humb25 on February 10, 2012, 05:50 AM
Quote from: bladeshark on February 09, 2012, 07:20 AM
Thank You!!!!!

As for that build easy computer, whoever installed Windows didn't do his homework and forgot to put in the proper drivers.  :)

Regarding the language, first thanks for the clarification -- I should have looked at your profile first to see you were from India. Ever the curious one, I have 2 questions for you:

Regarding Hindi, let me ask the very same question I asked when I thought it was Arabic: have they transliterated Hindi so it could be written in Latin letters (as the Japanese have successfully done), or did you just do that yourself? As I mentioned before, surely your computer has installed Hindi as an additional language -- in fact I just checked on the "Region and Language" section of Control Panel and, sure enough, Hindi is supported. I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that since English is also widely spoken in India, your keyboard must be similar to those I saw in Taiwan and like Ahmad told me he had, i.e., in the upper right hand corner are the Latin characters (for English) and the lower left hand corner has the corresponding (or closest) Hindi characters. As I also mentioned before, you could have written Nadeem in Hindi. Since you included a translation you are within Maher's rules.

The 2nd question I wanted to ask you -- given the animosity that has existed with Pakistan almost since independence from Britain, and given the fact that Islam is the predominant religion there whereas Hindu predominates in India, do you encounter difficulties with this, or does the Hindu majority respect your beliefs and have no problems with the fact that there may be a Mosque across the street?

Answer to the First Question:- I did the Translation myself. I have a simple US keyboard just with the shortcut keys for WMP,shutdown,sleep, volume + -. and nothing else

Second Question:- NO we do not encounter difficulties. The Hindu majority respect our beliefs and have no problems with the fact that there may be a Mosque across the street. We even have AZAAN,s all five times a day in mic.
VERY FLATTERED TO HAVE YOUR INTEREST IN INDIA. :) :)

humbert

Quote from: bladeshark on February 10, 2012, 07:57 AM
Answer to the First Question:- I did the Translation myself. I have a simple US keyboard just with the shortcut keys for WMP,shutdown,sleep, volume + -. and nothing else
Second Question:- NO we do not encounter difficulties. The Hindu majority respect our beliefs and have no problems with the fact that there may be a Mosque across the street. We even have AZAAN,s all five times a day in mic.
VERY FLATTERED TO HAVE YOUR INTEREST IN INDIA. :) :)

No need to be flattered for my interest in India  :). I have been a lover of geography since as far back as I can remember. The fact that I like to know as much as I can about different places, peoples, cultures and religions is almost a hobby of mine. You've opened a can of worms allowing me to ask you questions  ;).

While I know that India is a nation of a billion people who speak many languages, since Hindi is official (as well as English), it really surprises me that keyboards sold there don't have Hindi characters together with Latin characters for English. If you wanted to write something in Hindi, do you add the language to your keyboard and memorize the position of the characters -- or do you simply use Latin characters like you did here? Are you also familiar with languages spoken in the south, such as Tamil? I'm asking mostly because I looked at your profile and found Pune on the map -- you are to the southeast of Mumbai and far south of Delhi. I even saw some pictures

I'm so glad the you have absolutely no problem with the Hindu majority and not only that they respect you, but that they're probably even your friends. What a wonderful world this would be if it were like that everywhere, and those extremists who want to interfere with someone else's beliefs were eradicated from the surface of the Earth! As I explained before, I asked this because of your country's history. Naturally you're familiar with the fact that British India was composed of what is now India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. It was precisely due to religious differences that, when independence came, mostly Islamic Pakistan (East and West at the time) became separate from largely Hindu India -- and let's not even mention the hostilities that continue to exist between the 2 nations.

I'll ask you more stuff later. Thanks for allowing this.

BLADESHARK

Yes, if I wanted to write in Hindi or Marathi, I have to memorize the location of the character on the English keyboard, like in marathi if you want to type A, in the English keyboard you have to press A,  but first we have to download marathi or hindi [which needed] fonts from the internet and paste the font files in the fonts folder of Microsoft office. believe me its very hard to type in marathi or hindi on the English keyboard, except for months of practice. :)
yes i am familiar with the languages in the south, but not too much. We have a family from south on rent in our house, they know Malayalam, and Tamil.

Yeah many of my friends are Hindus even more than Muslim friends. :P

What a wonderful world this would be if it were like that everywhere, and those extremists who want to interfere with someone else's beliefs were eradicated from the surface of the Earth!

Do you have any religious problems at San Antonio????? :-\ ???

you are always welcome to ask any questions regarding India,computers,movies,games,software,etc,etc.

humbert

Quote from: bladeshark on February 12, 2012, 07:48 AM
Yes, if I wanted to write in Hindi or Marathi, I have to memorize the location of the character on the English keyboard, like in marathi if you want to type A, in the English keyboard you have to press A,  but first we have to download marathi or hindi [which needed] fonts from the internet and paste the font files in the fonts folder of Microsoft office. believe me its very hard to type in marathi or hindi on the English keyboard, except for months of practice. :)
yes i am familiar with the languages in the south, but not too much. We have a family from south on rent in our house, they know Malayalam, and Tamil.

There are 2 things I don't fully understand. Before asking you this, I went into Windows 7 Control Panel -> Regions & Languages and found about 4 variations of Hindi that could be added onto Windows. Even if you did that, would you still have to download Hindi fonts? I'm under the impression (and correct me if I'm wrong) that MS Office gets its fonts from those loaded into the OS, plus others it might add when you install it. Maher explained how to add Arabic to XP in a previous post, and it didn't even involve downloading anything. Somehow it's hard to believe the language is available in Control Panel, and yet you still have to go out and search for fonts.

Also, how is it that in India you can't buy a Hindi keyboard, or for that matter keyboards for some of the other languages you mention? I'm thinking maybe not in Pune because it's smaller, but in a big city like Mumbai, certainly some computer store has to have them.

Do you have any religious problems at San Antonio????? :-\ ???

Absolutely not! As I've explained many times here, I had a strict Catholic upbringing and finally at 18 I just got fed up and left the religion. Since then I haven't become a member of any religion. I suppose the only time something negative happened was hearing some guys on the street talking bad about Cubans (I am Cuban), but I don't let that bother me. I've noticed that people here in San Antonio are very friendly and very tolerant, much more so than in Miami when I lived there. To give you an idea, I accompanied my wife to 2 medical appointments. Curiously, on both occasions there were a few Islamic women wearing the traditional veil you're familiar with, but further still there was 1 (on each of the visits) wearing a full shidoor like you see in Iran -- all black and the only thing you could see was her eyes. Not one person or employee even so much as gave her a bad look. There was a man with her who I assume is her husband, but obviously I was afraid to ask him anything. I'm assuming they are either shiites of maybe wahabis.

The people that cause the problems are not the vast majority, they are good people. It is the small group of extremist whose goal is to control how the rest of us live our lives that cause the problem. Since you see them on the news all the time, the media gives the impression that all who belong to their belief system are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth.

you are always welcome to ask any questions regarding India,computers,movies,games,software,etc,etc.

Thanks so very much. I'll continue to do that, rest assured.

BLADESHARK

No, if I change/install the language from the control panel I don't have to download fonts externally[Thanks to Microsoft]. YES you are right that MS Office gets its fonts from the OS installed.
To tell you frankly that while we install XP or any other OS, we don't even change the language and location settings and leave them as it is, though English is 95% used in writing documents or any other work, and HINDI is used just 5% in typing any documents,just because it is very difficult to type in Hindi on the English keyboard & nobody bothers to change the settings in the control panel [excluding me] & not even tries.Just to tell you not many people in India are computer literate,they even don't know how to format a pc or install heavy or small soft wares. They only just know to make a copy of the installed XP using Norton ghost and when anything happens or any errors they just reformat it using ghost no using of XP compact drive[I fell pity for them]. You will not find a genuine XP cd in anyones hand except for some big companies who purchase bulk licenses from Microsoft because it costs too much [approximately 6-7 k for one copy in Indian Rupees], all XPs are pirated and the automatic updates are turned off to prevent the microsoft counterfeit software message.
not many computer stores have a Hindi or any other language keyboard,almost all or 99% use English keyboard so no computer store owner bares to keep a Hindi keyboard. If you want one you have to place order with advance money.

"I had a strict Catholic upbringing and finally at 18 I just got fed up and left the religion"
why you left, anything strange happened? i believe that christian religion is the most similar to the Muslim religion, just the way of thinking has been changed that Jesus [Peace be upon Him] is the son of GOD, which is wrong [I believe] just because GOD has no Wife,Son,Daughter or any other Relatives. Jesus [Peace be upon Him] was just a messenger from GOD just as Muhammad [Peace be upon Him] was to make people realize that GOD is one and exists, and there will be Day of Resurrection, & Heaven & Hell exists.
Christians have mass on Friday and same as we do, You wear a cap and same as we do, you bury dead bodies,we do bury dead bodies, you have a small meeting after someone dies we do have a meeting.you bathe dead bodies before burying same as we do.

"I was afraid to ask him anything"
You can ask any Muslim about anything any time, just make sure that he is not angry before you ask anything.Though nature of the people differ, if anyone you ask, gives out a negative feeling that he is angry,immediately stop and make sure to ask that question to any other Muslim scholar.

"the media gives the impression that all who belong to their belief system are the same"
Yes many or all movies have Muslims as terrorists and so the Muslims have to hear sayings that who belong to the Muslim religion are the same just because of some ill mental Muslims who terrorize,the whole religion has to suffer.

The Muslim women wear a black clothing covering the whole body just to prevent harm from getting them, today's society's have very corrupted and very narrow minded people, just from getting sexually assaulted or raped Muslim women wear a black clothing.By wearing this clothing the private parts are covered and are not visible.In today's date you wont find a clothing which covers the private parts properly,if they are covered, they reveal the curves.So just to prevent from getting sexually assaulted or raped Muslim women wear a black "Gurkha".