• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Some strange things in my pc that i worry about :)

Started by Shadow.97, February 26, 2012, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Hi people of nomaher.com ! The PC Im currently using is a Windows 7, with DDR3 as Graphic's card port. And i was woundering if i can use a GDDR5 card in a DDR3 port without problems. Its not RAM sticks, so dont worry. The specs of this pc:
Processor; AMD Phenom X6 1035T With a huge *** fan :p
Mobo: Packard-Bell Imedia S3220 (Some chineese thingy :D)
Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce 320, 1gb
RAM: 6144MB Kingston ram stick( 2048 x3 )
DirectX:11

Im really worried, because when i bought this PC i was thinking "oh.. this pc is pretty decent for the price, but i need to upgrade the GFX card soon." Even if it runs BF3 at 40-50 fps.
Any help is giving me a smily :D

BLADESHARK

The higher the number at the end, the faster the memory. So GDDR5 is the fastest (and it's usually a multiplier - so GDDR5 is 5x data rate whereas GDDR3 is only 3x). The G is supposed to signify designed for GPUs, but often just is added for graphics cards with no real change in design. So DDR3 roughly equals GDDR3, and GDDR5 is faster. You won't find main RAM labeled with the "G" :D

So go For GDDR5 even 6 or 7 [If its' in the market ;D] ;D
Just let me know which one you purchased. ;)

Good PC Config ;)
AMD - Good for Gamers (like me) compared to Intel. :)
RAM- Will not need to upgrade in the next 15yrs. :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Shadow.97

What i mean is, I am in need of new GFX card, im using a 320 Geforce, and i picked it out to see some specs, and it said "ddr3" and not "gddr3/5" :) What i want to make sure of before i buy a new card is that i can replace a DDR3( http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gt_320_us.html )  Graphics card, with a GDDR5 Card( http://shop.amd.com/uk/gaming/Detail/GraphicCard/HD-685X-ZDDC#Details ). And will it be safe to run on a 800W PSU?(OMG i thought it would be like 500W, before i actually took my time to shut down the pc and look)

As im getting plenty of help right here, why not ask a 4'th question!. What happens if you dont have a good enough PSU to power the card and all things in a pc?
And... Is it safe to take all components from a micro tower and move to a mini/standard tower pc?, as i have 1 left over case from 2003-2004.

Love you guys!(Your good Online-Friends now :) )

BLADESHARK

Of Course you can buy a GDDR3/5.

" And will it be safe to run on a 800W PSU?"
Different Graphic Cards have Different Range of Power Supplies so it depends on which you purchase.

Full-Towers support Full ATX and most of the time Micro as well
Mid-Towers support Micro ATX
Mini-Towers support Baby ATX boards, these boards come ussually with only 1 expansion slot vs Micro ATX which can come with usually 3 Ex Slots. The case itself cannot support Micro ATX or Higher form factors.

As far as bays go, you get a usual amount of 4cd+2 floppy with Full-Towers, 2cd+1 floppy with Mid-Towers, and 1cd bay with mini-Towers.

Have A Good Day!! :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�