• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Hey have i understood this right?(Reinstall)

Started by Shadow.97, April 15, 2012, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 29, 2012, 09:03 AM
Quote from: humbert on April 28, 2012, 01:35 AM
unless governments are hiding something. ::)
NASA

NASA is part of the Department of Defense. It was created that way in 1958 when it's main purpose was, not so much space exploration for science, but rather as a counterweight to the Soviet Union's launch of Sputnik, which the military feared gave the Red enemy the "high ground" of space as an advantage. The problem is that NASA has stayed that way with no plans to ever change it, meaning that since "military secrets" might be involved, they are under no legal obligation to reveal anything they find. While I realize all this is speculation, I've seen some footage released by NASA of objects twisting, turning and changing speeds in ways nothing in our technology is able to do -- and in nature nothing can do.

Let's never forget Winston Churchill's statement: "The truth is so precious it must be cloaked in a web of lies".

topdog

they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

BLADESHARK

topdog

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 30, 2012, 12:22 PM

It's not what I think people should do, but what I think people/organizations with power do to protect their power.
We're probably straying to close to politics, so will abandon the subject.

Oh, and also  "Knowledge is power, guard it well." was worded this way as a joke.
Guess it didn't work.

humbert

Quote from: topdog on April 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
It's not what I think people should do, but what I think people/organizations with power do to protect their power.
Oh, and also  "Knowledge is power, guard it well." was worded this way as a joke.
Guess it didn't work.

What's wrong with discussing politics? Although I'm not an avid follower of the news, I do enjoy a political discussion every now and then.

And yes, you're absolutely correct -- knowedge is power. Anything that puts you in and, more importantly, keeps you in power must be well guarded. Any leader will tell you that getting into power is one thing, the hard thing is staying there.

topdog

Quote from: humbert on May 01, 2012, 12:48 AM
Quote from: topdog on April 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
What's wrong with discussing politics? Although I'm not an avid follower of the news, I do enjoy a political discussion every now and then.
I was misremembering this forum rule
"1.4 This is a politically and religiously neutral community. No discrimination of members because of their ethnic origin, culture and religion, no proselytizing."
Many of the forums I visit completely ban discussion of current politics.
And also this statement
"The forum rules are a guideline of how to act in here. If necessary, we can deviate from those rules. Decisions are met internally, vindication to the member(s) isn't necessary. Some decisions are met from case to case, depending on whether it is more sufficient to go after the forum rules or find an individual solution."
So even if comments go outside a strict interpretation of forum rules, they can be allowed if relevant.
I'm guessing the "we" here is yourself, Maher and Ahmad.

BLADESHARK

Hmmmmmmmm...............
A session of Politics going on here.  ::)

humbert

Quote from: topdog on May 01, 2012, 02:38 AM
I was misremembering this forum rule
"1.4 This is a politically and religiously neutral community. No discrimination of members because of their ethnic origin, culture and religion, no proselytizing."
Many of the forums I visit completely ban discussion of current politics.
And also this statement
"The forum rules are a guideline of how to act in here. If necessary, we can deviate from those rules. Decisions are met internally, vindication to the member(s) isn't necessary. Some decisions are met from case to case, depending on whether it is more sufficient to go after the forum rules or find an individual solution."
So even if comments go outside a strict interpretation of forum rules, they can be allowed if relevant.
I'm guessing the "we" here is yourself, Maher and Ahmad.

Let me clear this up. First of all, we are like guests at Maher's home, and we must behave accordingly and follow all his rules. I'm sure none of us would purpose violate a policy our great leader has dictated. However, I firmly believe what he meant by this rule is that he didn't want debates or anything what would purposely deviate from the purpose of the forum -- computer tech. It's precisely for that reason the he created a forum called "Chit Chat" for non-computer related matters. When he was here more frequently, I was constantly asking him about non-computer matters, and he replied. He knows all about the questions I've asked Ahmad regarding his culture and religion, and neither Ahmad or I have been told to stop.

When I made some comments about Microsoft and Crapple, I specifically said what I had was essentially a theory, which is an unprovable belief based on hard facts. I also mentioned a few simple things which so far nobody has told me they disagree, and why. I like to hear different opinions because I never rule out that there's something about what I said that might be wrong. Notice that the very last thing I want is a debate, it's just a matter of exchanging information. I think this can't possibly be compared to something like posting spam, which is a blatant violation.

I only wish our great leader were here to read this post. I'd love to have his input and, most importantly whether or not my interpretation of the no religion-no politics issue is basically correct.