• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Hey have i understood this right?(Reinstall)

Started by Shadow.97, April 15, 2012, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Hey, im thinking of reinstalling windows 7 on my main pc to make it 1faster, 2 to clear space.
I will use maher's windows 7 disc.
I need to install it on 1 harddrive which has 2 partions(2x 500gb), a clean installation (nothing left from my old OS) How can i do this, is it just to select custom and it will install on first best partion and clean all partions??.
But! there are a few things i want to be here, that i dont want to remove (critical)my Firefox browsing history, anyone knows how(I can put it on a flashstick, but what directory is the firefox history??) And will my drivers be left installed, or do i need to reinstall them too?(I want them to be gone)
Thanks in forehand.

OH!! almost forgot, i can safely use the Legal windows 7 key on my Packardbell chassi, right?(Prebuilt pc)

Thanks, looking forward to have it reinstalled to my birthday =D

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 15, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hey, im thinking of reinstalling windows 7
:) :)

to make it 1faster, 2 to clear space.
Good, you should always run with the Running Modern World.

I will use maher's windows 7 disc.
Great :D

I need to install it on 1 harddrive which has 2 partions(2x 500gb), a clean installation (nothing left from my old OS) How can i do this, is it just to select custom and it will install on first best partion and clean all partions??.
500gb for C drive ???
Believe me C drive doesn't require soooooo much space, until & unless you are going to flood it with loads of Software.
Maximum 50gb will do for Windows OS and rest for basic Software's. If you are installing heavy software's then install them on the D Drive to minimize the load on the C drive, the reasons for PC running slow or crashing is the amount of things you install on C Drive, just install basics in C drive and the rest of the big software's on D Drive. :P

Yes a clean install will leave nothing from the previous OS.
You have to select Custom and then after that you will be asked to choose in which Drive you want to install the Windows OS, select the one which you want. If you want to format the drives then there are options below the listed partitions in More Options Menu.

i dont want to remove (critical)my Firefox browsing history, anyone knows how(I can put it on a flashstick, but what directory is the firefox history?
There is a small program called MozBackup. It will backup every bit of your mozilla products.
It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, passwords, cache etc. It's an easy way to do Firefox backup, Thunderbird backup ...
http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

And will my drivers be left installed, or do i need to reinstall them too?(I want them to be gone)
All your drivers will be gone :o. Everything will be washed away as if you bought a new PC. :)

Thanks in forehand.
Welcome. :)

i can safely use the Legal windows 7 key on my Packardbell chassi
Of Course you can use the Key
But beware that such keys are allowed only for 3 Activations, You don't wanna activate it multiple times, otherwise it will be Blacklisted.

looking forward to have it reinstalled to my birthday
Enjoy your day :D
By the way when is your Birthday.
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

I agree with BLADESHARK ;;;
50GB is more than enough for Windows OS.

Regarding Firefox folders, Firefox saves its work in these 2 folders in Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Mozilla
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla

But I think the program that BLADESHARK mentioned is enough.
I mentioned the 2 folders just for information.

Good luck.  :) :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Shadow.97

I will make the 2 partions the same size, as i somehow always fill C:, when alot free is on D:.

Thanks, i ran the mozbackup, i need it again to back it up on the new os later, right?

Do you know any bypass way on the windows activation key?

18th of april is my birthday :p.

Found something interesting from Microsofts webpage: "You can reinstall Windows 7 using Recovery in Control Panel, under Advanced recovery methods. This method reinstalls Windows 7, either from a recovery image provided by your computer manufacturer, or from your original Windows 7 installation files. You need to reinstall all of the programs that you added, and restore all of your files from a backup. For more information, see Choosing an advanced recovery method. "
I shouldnt care about that, right?

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 16, 2012, 05:29 PM
I will make the 2 partions the same size, as i somehow always fill C:, when a lot free is on D:.
Note:- While installing any software, while installing it go to the Advanced Installation option and select the drive as D:
Most software's ask you in which drive you want to install the software, but all people are in so hurry that they do not pay attention while installing the software.

Thanks, i ran the mozbackup, i need it again to back it up on the new os later, right?
Right. :)

Do you know any bypass way on the windows activation key?
Use Daz Loader [God bless him for making such a hilarious activation program for windows 7, I hope he makes the same program for Windows 8]
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=483.0

18th of april is my birthday :p.
Advance Wishes. :P

Found something interesting from Microsofts webpage: "You can reinstall Windows 7 using Recovery in Control Panel, under Advanced recovery methods. This method reinstalls Windows 7, either from a recovery image provided by your computer manufacturer, or from your original Windows 7 installation files. You need to reinstall all of the programs that you added, and restore all of your files from a backup. For more information, see Choosing an advanced recovery method. "
I shouldnt care about that, right?
Yeah you should not care about that, if you are not going through the recovery console. :)

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 16, 2012, 06:37 PM
Use Daz Loader [God bless him for making such a hilarious activation program for windows 7, I hope he makes the same program for Windows 8]
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=483.0

Let that be the very least of your concerns. Bill Gates' strategy, which has made him a multi-billionaire, is to create a situation where Windows is the OS of choice on every computer on this planet, legal or otherwise. I firmly believe it's no coincidence that, historically, official releases of Windows and Office have found their way to pirated sites weeks before the ship date, cracked and all. By comparison, when Crapple comes out with a new iOS version for their iPhones, it may take months before a jailbreak is developed for it -- and take into account that jailbreaking is legal while piracy isn't. Excuse me, but I smell a rat.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on April 20, 2012, 03:22 AM
Let that be the very least of your concerns. Bill Gates' strategy, which has made him a multi-billionaire, is to create a situation where Windows is the OS of choice on every computer on this planet, legal or otherwise. I firmly believe it's no coincidence that, historically, official releases of Windows and Office have found their way to pirated sites weeks before the ship date, cracked and all. By comparison, when Crapple comes out with a new iOS version for their iPhones, it may take months before a jailbreak is developed for it -- and take into account that jailbreaking is legal while piracy isn't. Excuse me, but I smell a rat.
Yeah that's true ::)

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 25, 2012, 01:17 PM
Quote from: humbert on April 20, 2012, 03:22 AM
Yeah that's true ::)

Of course it is! It is this strategy that has made Windows the world's standard. Everybody and his brother knows that the Mac OS and Linux are superior to Windows in every way, and when it comes to the graphical user interphase used today, the Mac OS came first -- Windows is basically a horribly hacked copy of it. It is Crapple's insatiable greed that did them in, compared to Bill Gates' strategy of spreading Windows like fire which has clearly succeeded.

I am also firmly convinced that it's no accident that all these working loaders for Windows and Office are out there. I even believe that, under direct orders from Bill Gates himself, someone at Microsoft secretly leaks just enough information about Windows to enable hackers to easily develop loaders and hacktools and put them online everywhere, and often the official release of a new Windows or Office finds it way to TBP even before it's available for sale at the stores.

When has Microsoft ever complained publicly about piracy, just like the MPAA or RIAA do? If they lose so much due to people like us who don't pay for their stuff, they why are they the world's 4th most profitable company? As I said before, for all these reasons, the fact that cracked working versions of Windows 8 will be readily available is inevitable -- Bill isn't stupid enough to change a strategy that has made him one of the richest men who's ever lived.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on April 26, 2012, 06:09 AM
Of course it is! It is this strategy that has made Windows the world's standard. Everybody and his brother knows that the Mac OS and Linux are superior to Windows in every way, and when it comes to the graphical user interphase used today, the Mac OS came first -- Windows is basically a horribly hacked copy of it. It is Crapple's insatiable greed that did them in, compared to Bill Gates' strategy of spreading Windows like fire which has clearly succeeded.

I am also firmly convinced that it's no accident that all these working loaders for Windows and Office are out there. I even believe that, under direct orders from Bill Gates himself, someone at Microsoft secretly leaks just enough information about Windows to enable hackers to easily develop loaders and hacktools and put them online everywhere, and often the official release of a new Windows or Office finds it way to TBP even before it's available for sale at the stores.

When has Microsoft ever complained publicly about piracy, just like the MPAA or RIAA do? If they lose so much due to people like us who don't pay for their stuff, they why are they the world's 4th most profitable company? As I said before, for all these reasons, the fact that cracked working versions of Windows 8 will be readily available is inevitable -- Bill isn't stupid enough to change a strategy that has made him one of the richest men who's ever lived.
Never knew this man ???
Thanks for this information. :)

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 26, 2012, 12:10 PM
Never knew this man ???
Thanks for this information. :)

Always keep in mind that what I've told you about Microsoft amount to a theory, which is a belief based on hard facts but cannot he solidly proved. To analogize, before 1995, the very existence of extrasolar planets was just a theory, again based on hard facts. Still, since no one since then had a method of seeing them, there was no solid proof they even existed. And of course the fact living things exist all over the universe is exactly the same situations -- no scientist disputes it, but so far no one has found an extraterrestrial being -- unless governments are hiding something. ::)