• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP & Windows 7

Started by Shadow.97, April 08, 2012, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdog

I believe you. But have to wait for 2 new (old) machines (+ flat-screens) promised to me, to arrive.
As these are gifts, all I can do is wait but hopefully one at-lest, will be 64bit. Then will upgrade to 7 and the long learning possess will begin.
(Untill Win 10 or 11. LoL)
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

BLADESHARK

�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

humbert

Quote from: topdog on April 09, 2012, 07:08 AM
I believe you. But have to wait for 2 new (old) machines (+ flat-screens) promised to me, to arrive.
As these are gifts, all I can do is wait but hopefully one at-lest, will be 64bit. Then will upgrade to 7 and the long learning possess will begin.
(Untill Win 10 or 11. LoL)

Hey man, then you're in business! That's cool, I hope you get your new system soon. I think I can still hold out a maximum of 2-3 years before upgrading again. In the mean time, by all means stick with XP, better that than nothing.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on April 10, 2012, 06:08 AM
I think I can still hold out a maximum of 2-3 years before upgrading again.
just out of curiosity - What is your Config. :P

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 10, 2012, 11:52 AM
Quote from: humbert on April 10, 2012, 06:08 AM
I think I can still hold out a maximum of 2-3 years before upgrading again.
just out of curiosity - What is your Config. :P

As I explained, I'm in Miami visiting my mother and using the phone to call in, so I'll tell my config from memory. The board is an Asus M478A-E with an AMD Phenom
II  975 X4 (3.6 Ghz). 8 GB DDR2 memory (I run them @1066 w/no probs). Sata II, 160GB SSD + 2 more magnetic drives for storage. I bought a USB 3.0 card for an external drive on there. I'd say it'll last 2-3 more years.

BLADESHARK

Hmmmmm...........
quite interesting Config :)

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hmmmmm...........
quite interesting Config :)

I wish it were better. As you know, simply getting a better board is one thing. The problem is you need all the other goodies to match. The new board will not support my DDR2's. My drives might all be SATA-II (except for maybe 1), these would have to be upgraded to SATA III to get the board's full effect. If the board doesn't have a graphics card already in it, then pony up some bread for that. And of course there's the microprocessor. These are the reasons upgrading doesn't exactly come cheap, the new system either won't work at all with your old components or, if they do, at the same speed as the old board.

Frad

For the convenience of its customers and to overcome the faulty features in vista and XP, Windows 7 is provided with various advanced features. These features help the customers to work on their Windows 7 based computer with much ease.

topdog

Get real. MS do things for their shareholder's and executive's bank balances, any convenience to  customers is purely coincidental (but happily received). 
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Frad on April 18, 2012, 10:34 AM
For the convenience of its customers and to overcome the faulty features in vista and XP, Windows 7 is provided with various advanced features. These features help the customers to work on their Windows 7 based computer with much ease.
Hey Frad 8)
We would like to know more about you man. :) :D