• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP & Windows 7

Started by Shadow.97, April 08, 2012, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 06, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quote from: thewindowsgeek101 on April 06, 2012, 12:19 AM
maybe is your computer try to reinstall windows xp
if does not work try to contact you internet company  ::)

Hello thewindowsgeek101 8)
Thanks for replying :)
Shadow.97 8) has given up with Windows XP & is now using Windows 7 Ultimate [I know this because he PM'd me for the Keys]
Now he doesn't have any Probs. :D

Have a Good Day buddy!! ;D

But still I didn't understand what you said here:
Quotemaybe is your computer try to reinstall windows xp
if does not work try to contact you internet company  ::)
Wait no what lol XD, i think not i use ultimate, i use home prem, and got a gen with the right keys ;) ^^

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 06, 2012, 08:45 AM
Hello thewindowsgeek101 8)
Thanks for replying :)
Shadow.97 8) has given up with Windows XP & is now using Windows 7 Ultimate [I know this because he PM'd me for the Keys]
Now he doesn't have any Probs. :D

As you might know, I've been screaming about this for years but nobody has given me a clear cut answer. Basically, if Win 764 (or at least 32) has been out there for quite some time, why are so many of you still hooked on XP? This makes sense for someone on the forum who has an extremely old computer and simply cannot afford to upgrade. But really, given the fact that it's been ages since they stopped making 32-bit processors and a minimum 4 Gb of ram isn't all that expensive, how many of you are stuck with ancient computers and financially see no way out? XP is ancient history, and Windows 8 is on the horizon.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 08, 2012, 09:27 PM
Wait no what lol XD, i think not i use ultimate, i use home prem, and got a gen with the right keys ;) ^^
OK Sorry for that misunderstanding.
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on April 09, 2012, 05:21 AM
As you might know, I've been screaming about this for years but nobody has given me a clear cut answer.
Hello Humbert 8)
to which question you didn't get a clear cut answer. ???

BLADESHARK

why are so many of you still hooked on XP?
because XP is more stable than Win 7 and uses very less System Resources.

BLADESHARK

Windows 8 is on the horizon.
Yeah that's true.
I love :-* the new Metro style, but they say its not very user friendly.

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 09, 2012, 05:35 AM
Hello Humbert 8)
to which question you didn't get a clear cut answer. ???

Gee Blade, you're up bright and early this morning. It's 8:15am over there. Do you have the day off or do you work a later shift. You did say you're a teacher, right?

What I've been ranting about forever is why so many people here are still stuck on XP and keep screaming for it, unless, of course, they've got ancient computers and simply can't afford to upgrade, at least not at this time. The only answer I ever received was one guy who explained he needed it for work, as if they had a license for it (or something). That being the case, they must have a legal copy because licenses aren't free. Why, then, is he here asking for Maher's copy? I asked him and I don't remember receiving a reply.

Basically, equipment that can handle 64-bit OS's has been around even before any 64 bit software even came out. It is this that prompted my question.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on April 09, 2012, 05:49 AM
Gee Blade, you're up bright and early this morning. It's 8:15am over there. Do you have the day off or do you work a later shift. You did say you're a teacher, right?
YES i am bright and early this morning.
now you are correct about the time.

You did say you're a teacher, right?
NO I am a student and I am on my Mobile. :D :D
at the age of 19 will I be a Teacher. ;D ;D

The only answer I ever received was one guy who explained he needed it for work, as if they had a license for it (or something). That being the case, they must have a legal copy because licenses aren't free. Why, then, is he here asking for Maher's copy? I asked him and I don't remember receiving a reply.
I guess he lied!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Basically, equipment that can handle 64-bit OS's has been around even before any 64 bit software even came out.
Yeah that's true, but everyone has their own tastes of life. So let them be as they are. :D :D

topdog

Hello again guys,
I'll give you my reasons for XP.
A. 10 year old 32bit computer. 1 gig ram.
B. It's the first OS I have been happy with since win 2.03.
C. It takes me a long time to learn/be comfortable with new system's/tools.
Any help ?
       Bye
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

humbert

Quote from: topdog on April 09, 2012, 06:31 AM
Hello again guys,
I'll give you my reasons for XP.
A. 10 year old 32bit computer. 1 gig ram.
B. It's the first OS I have been happy with since win 2.03.
C. It takes me a long time to learn/be comfortable with new system's/tools.
Any help ?

I'm with you on reasons A and B, especially reason A (I posted a message about his). But on reason C, believe me, you are gravely mistaken, something I very rarely say to people unless I strongly believe it. If my many years of computing have taught me anything, it is that upgrades are an inescapable fact of life and you simply and plainly cannot be stuck in the past. Before you even bat an eyelash you're going to find yourself in an "upgrade or die" situation. Trust me, I've seen it happen so many times it's unbelievable -- and keep in mind the first computer I ever had was an 8-bit Atari. It could only address 64k of memory and ran at the fast speed of 1 Mhz (not Ghz).