• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Accedently formated a drive i didnt knew i had?(partion)

Started by Shadow.97, April 19, 2012, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

It was a 100 mb partion in my PC which i didnt know i had, before today when i accedently removed it. Do i need to worry, my concers is that i accedently removed any important files.
14% done installing windows ultimate 7 :)

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 19, 2012, 07:58 PM
It was a 100 mb partion in my PC which i didnt know i had, before today when i accedently removed it. Do i need to worry, my concers is that i accedently removed any important files.
Did the windows allow you to format that 100mb unpartitioned space. ???
I don't think so it will allow you ???
How did you format it.[According to my knowledge this can't happen] :-\
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Shadow.97

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 19, 2012, 08:13 PM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 19, 2012, 07:58 PM
Did the windows allow you to format that 100mb unpartitioned space. ???
I don't think so it will allow you ???
How did you format it.[According to my knowledge this can't happen] :-\
Uh, well when you go on custom i didnt select the right partion (4 was shown) so i pressed format, and all went very fast.

BLADESHARK

Shadow.97

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 19, 2012, 09:13 PM
So is everything working well now ???
any issues??
Well the only issue im having right now is that when i installed windows i selected  Sweden, and Swedish, but i didnt think more on that, so now everytime i install a program it selects swedish for me, so i have to press English, no mayor but still annoying

BLADESHARK

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 19, 2012, 09:20 PM
Well the only issue im having right now is that when i installed windows i selected  Sweden, and Swedish, but i didnt think more on that, so now everytime i install a program it selects swedish for me, so i have to press English, no mayor but still annoying

I'm under the impression you've got 2 language packs on there, one Swedish and the other English. Assuming that's the case, is it that you're wanting to remove Swedish and stick with English, and just add the Swedish keyboard in Control Panel when you need to type in your native language?

Let me ask you something given that your English is very good. When I visited a friend in Missouri last November, she had a Finnish exchange student living with her. I asked the Finnish girl if she learned English now during her stay in America. She said NO, that in Finland learning English in school is mandatory, so she spoke it before even arriving here. I wonder -- does the same situation apply in Sweden? If not, then how'd you learn English?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 20, 2012, 01:34 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 19, 2012, 09:20 PM
1. No im not good at english, i have the "worst accepted grade" like F = fail, E "worst accepted grade" D "ok" C "good" B "Very good" and A "Outstanding"
2 We lern it at school, we lern swedish from playschool and english from 2nd(or first?) grade, and you can pick either German, French, or Spanish at grade 6(i choose German). Im currently in 8th grade.
About the Finland part, when was this? im pretty sure they lern english, i speak with many Finnish people as they have parts where their primairy language is Swedish. I can ask dbzx :)

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 20, 2012, 04:03 PM
1. No im not good at english, i have the "worst accepted grade" like F = fail, E "worst accepted grade" D "ok" C "good" B "Very good" and A "Outstanding"
2 We lern it at school, we lern swedish from playschool and english from 2nd(or first?) grade, and you can pick either German, French, or Spanish at grade 6(i choose German). Im currently in 8th grade.

I know Swedish people are very rigid and correct as part of their culture, but saying that your English is bad is just plain wrong. Sure, like all of us you make some minor mistakes, but overall your English is perfectly understandable and grammatically very correct. I'd go as far as to say it is easily better than half the people who live in America -- and I don't refer just to those who have immigrated recently and are having trouble with the language. I was also unaware that Sweden also used the same A-B-C-D-F grading system.

About the Finland part, when was this? im pretty sure they lern english, i speak with many Finnish people as they have parts where their primairy language is Swedish. I can ask dbzx :)

I met Taija (her name) in November of last year during a visit to some friends in Missouri who usually take in foreign exchange students. She is a Lapp from the north of Finland. One thing I found funny was that she arrived in Missouri in mid-July and temperatures were 38° to 40°C every day -- she simply couldn't take it and, upon getting home, locked herself in a room with the air conditioning at full power :). Where I live, these summertime temperatures (and higher) are quite common.

I'm fully aware of the fact that almost all Finns speak Swedish. Keep in mind their country was Swedish territory from the 12th Century all the way to 1808. They were then conquered by Russia in 1809 and finally achieved total independence in 1917. What happened was simply that when you guys left (or were thrown out), you left your language behind. Indeed, one thing that amazes me tremendously is how the Finns even managed to keep their language alive all those years, especially given the fact that Swedish and Finnish are nothing alike. As you know, this same concept applies to just about the entire Western Hemisphere. I know of no country in this hemisphere that doesn't have a European language as it's official one.

It doesn't suprise me that they'd make you learn no less than 3 languages in school, especially Engish which is critical. As you know, the British Empire spread their language everywhere, and the Americans picked up where they left off. In Europe, you travel 100 km or less, they speak another language. In this hemisphere, if you use the US-Mexico border as a marker, you'll see that Spanish is spoken from there down all the way to the very southern end of South America. In the other direction, English predominates all the way from the border to the North Pole. The only exceptions are the Guyanas, Brazil (their Portuguese is very close to Spanish), and French in Canada's Québec province.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 22, 2012, 05:34 AM

I know Swedish people are very rigid and correct as part of their culture, but saying that your English is bad is just plain wrong. Sure, like all of us you make some minor mistakes, but overall your English is perfectly understandable and grammatically very correct. I'd go as far as to say it is easily better than half the people who live in America -- and I don't refer just to those who have immigrated recently and are having trouble with the language. I was also unaware that Sweden also used the same A-B-C-D-F grading system.

Hmm, well pretty far from all finnish people speak Swedish :O.
And about abcdf, it was introduced last years autumn, so i was the first grade who got it. Also just a brief description on how it works. A=best, F=Worst. You have "goals" to reach, to be able to get the grades, for example. For E you must: 1 understand basic text, 2 understand basic hearing(to understand it) 3,to be able to make minor improvements of a text.  4, to be able to write with basic grammar.
Then for C you must 1 understand rich text(harder text), 2, understand rich hearing(may be wrong translated, harder hearing than E) 3, to be able to make good improvements of a text, 4, to write with good grammar.
And for D, you need to make all "goals" for E, and a majority of C's goals.
And for A it is like "perfect 1,2,3,4,5(the goals)"(almost noone has this, actually i havnt heard of anyone getting this yet.)
And for B, you need all things on C, and a majority on A.
I dont know if it is the same in other countries.