• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General Talk!!

Started by Maher, May 31, 2012, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 31, 2012, 01:18 PM
Quote from: katana on May 31, 2012, 01:09 PM
@Shadow.97

Sometimes, I do that to a lot of people.  :( Unintentionally... With how I phrase my words, perhaps?
Ill paste what got me confused:
"I'm looking forward to a long geeky relationship with you, guys, here in this forum"
"it's just that I belong to their sexual orientation."
Explain please, are you here for the uhm sexual things? Or do i get you wrong?
She asked about girls, right?

Quoteit's just that I belong to their sexual orientation

Replace the words in red with "girls" or "females" ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Shadow.97

Quote from: BLADESHARK on May 31, 2012, 06:43 PM
Quote from: katana on May 31, 2012, 08:45 AM
I know that I'll get a lot of help from here.  ;)
Definitely you will. :)

are you here for the uhm sexual things?

Serisouly, i think i missunderstood something..

katana

Oh dear Pete, NO!  :o  Now, you must think I'm some kind of pervert...  :-[

"I'm looking forward to a long geeky relationship with you, guys, here in this forum"

I believe it was humbert who said that girls tend to be less geeky so there might not be other female members here, hence the geeky bonding comment with you guys...

Quote from: Maher
Replace the words in red with "girls" or "females"

;D I'm a woman.
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

humbert

Quote from: katana on June 01, 2012, 06:06 AM
Oh dear Pete, NO!  :o  Now, you must think I'm some kind of pervert...  :-[

Absolutely not!! Here on our forum, we pride ourselves on tolerance and respect, and we condemn those who discriminate against anyone for any reason. Rest assured the simple fact that you're a gay woman is meaningless and you are every bit as welcome and loved as anyone else. I can assure you you're going to learn quite a bit, and not just about computer-related matters. Here on the forum I've made great friends with people whose culture, religion and language are very different from mine. For me this is just great because it gives me the opportunity to learn more, not to even mention the friends I've made. I certainly hope you'll keep getting on and posting. In fact, in this brief time you've been with us, the way you come across in your posts somehow tells me I'm going to like you and you too will be not just my great friend, but that too of many others here as well.

Quote from: katana on June 01, 2012, 06:06 AM
I believe it was humbert who said that girls tend to be less geeky so there might not be other female members here, hence the geeky bonding comment with you guys...

Yes, you're right. Naturally I was generalizing. Usually when I make a statement such as this, I usually mean no less than 50%+1 of the population (i.e., a simple majority). I only say this because, given so many people, it's impossible to look at everyone individually.

Incidentally, whereabouts in your 7,000 island country do you live? Even it it's a small town, tell me anyway -- gone are the days when we had giant atlases to find places. Finding your city is a simple matter of opening another tab and going to Google maps. That's why on here nobody hesitates to name places simply because others might not know where they're located.

As all the guys know, I'm a very inquisitive guy. May I ask you NON-personal questions regarding your culture, country and even sexual orientation? Referring to the last 2 words in the previous sentence, take special notice what I wrote in blue.

Hope to see ya soon,

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 04, 2012, 07:42 AM
So SWEET :-* of you ;D
For your info - I can't upload it via torrent because I don't have a Hardwired Internet Connection. :( :-[

Excuse me? You told us yourself you contact us from your bedroom. What's going on over there? ???

In the e-mails I receive and it's probably posted somewhere I haven't gotten to yet, our great leader explained his solid reasons for almost being forced to use those detestable file sharing sites. I often wondered why the profiteering gluttons don't target them, and now I know why -- they're no threat because their service is so lousy! Makes perfect sense to me.

BLADESHARK

�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 06, 2012, 12:48 PM

OK sweetie, let's see. What's got you all confused this morning?  :) ;) ;) :D 8)

katana

@humbert

Hey! I've been kind of off the grid these past few days, went to my brother's and they didn't have net there...

I hope we'd be great friends in the future, too! I look forward to exchanging opinions & ideas with you, guys. I went to a university which has a pretty radical populace so I'd like to think of myself as very wide and open-minded in a lot of things, may it be culture, religion, beliefs and other things...

Before I let you ask away, did I come off as gay to you?  ;D Having asked that, you can now ask away, my friend!

I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

Ahmad

Quote from: katana on June 07, 2012, 12:53 PM
I look forward to exchanging opinions & ideas with you, guys. I went to a university which has a pretty radical populace so I'd like to think of myself as very wide and open-minded in a lot of things, may it be culture, religion, beliefs and other things...

Believe me, you'll.
Just keep visiting this forum and read... You'll gain much about everything specially from our dear traveler friend "Humbert".  8)

Before I let you ask away, did I come off as gay to you?

I was the first one to reply to you on this forum, and from your introducing, I didn't notice anything except you're a new female member asking for other females.
Why did this matter become so big ?!!  ;) :D

Welcome back and Take care.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

@humbert
Hey! I've been kind of off the grid these past few days, went to my brother's and they didn't have net there...

KATANA!!!! I'm so happy to see you back! For a second I thought we'd scared you away or something. I think I'm going to be in your situation soon (i.e., no internet). I'm currently in Mexico (Sabinas Hidalgo) where there's still internet, but in Monterrey I might not have that luxury. Also, be advised as I have said so often, gone foever are the days when people had to have thick atlases in the house to locate a remote place. If you're curious to where the places I've mention are, it's a simple matter of opening another tab and going to Google maps. You'll locate me momentarily. Incidentally, what city in your 7,000 island nation do you live in? I'll locate you immediately, so be specific.

I hope we'd be great friends in the future, too! I look forward to exchanging opinions & ideas with you, guys. I went to a university which has a pretty radical populace so I'd like to think of myself as very wide and open-minded in a lot of things, may it be culture, religion, beliefs and other things...

Last time I said I thought I was going to like you. Feel free to delete the word "thought" from my comment. I don't "think" anymore, I "know"  :). We are all honored by your presence, and I strongly believe I speak for everyone else as well as myself. :) :)  Please keep logging in whenever you can.

Before I let you ask away, did I come off as gay to you?  ;D Having asked that, you can now ask away, my friend!

It all started when you asked if they were women. I believed you were a straight guy looking for a girl. Here on the forum we have no problem with this, but since we do mostly computing stuff, I simply felt it was a good idea to simply point you in the right direction. It was only later that you came back and clarified the situation for us, which is when I learned the truth. Regarding coming off as gay, with the vast majority of gay people you'd never imagine this was their sexual orientation. I've run into men that are affeminate and women that are "dikes"(no deratory implication), but even then, this is not proof positive of anything. As you might know, right now I'm in an uncomfortable position roasting in the unbearable heat, so when I get back home I'll ask you stuff. Incidentally, if anyone sees the temperature of this place, don't post it online, I don't want to know.