• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Too long start up time

Started by mrpele, June 11, 2012, 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpele

Hi, I have win xp and need help analyze what is wrong. It takes 5 min to start pc. After login page it waits long time before explorer starts. How can I analyze it. Is there a way too see what windows is actually doing?

Best regards all

Pele

kamranali406

use the command in Run "msconfig"
in start up tab,,uncheck the undesired start up programs ..so the starting time will b manged easily,,,Or use some start up controll program,,i use You-uninstaller ..

Shadow.97

HI :), Try cleaning up scrap from your hard drive first(un nessesairy programs) then if that doesn't help try installing for example Tune up utilities. Or you could try reinstall Windows XP. But hey your not alone my "old" pc (stopped working) took that long too, but after i had cleaned it from dust, and then reinstalled it it worked great again :).

Hope some of this helped :)

- Shadow

BLADESHARK

Hello mrpele 8)
First Uninstall all the unnecessary software which you don't use.
Then type %temp% in RUN and hit enter -> Delete all the files from the temporary folder that opens.
Restart
Then type msconfig in RUN and the go to the start-up tab and check Hide Microsoft Services -> then uncheck all the unwanted start-up items which are unknown and of no use to you
You can install System optimizers like Tuneup Utilities or Advanced System Optimizer or Ccleaner for keeping your PC clean and optimized
Also do check your Antivirus for any conflicts with your OS
Thank You
Have a Nice Day :D
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

qazaq

not sure if the author still watching this.
Agree with all suggestions, just to add one more thing
From personal experience of the same thing with Vista... if you havan't formated for a long time or maybe you have a terrible case of fragmentation of critical files or just many files or both.. consider these two options, a nice clean format, kill disk style, thorough defragmentation, startup programs limiting and background procceses and services that are not that needed, or just Win 7 :-)
source: I scored 10 to 15 minutes with Vista in a case of severe fragmentation and a tremendously heavy system, not formated in years

strai

Hi there. I have been having the same issues with win xp. After a lot of research, the culprit was .NET framework 4. After installing it, windows would boot up very slow. I removed it. Here is more about it:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/netfxsetup/thread/cb75c4dc-e0af-4b22-85b2-c2c1b08bfea1

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-performance/kb982670-net-framework-4-client-profile-slows-down/4476f6ab-3355-4ed6-bec2-bfe18dd408b0

humbert

Quote from: strai on July 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
Hi there. I have been having the same issues with win xp. After a lot of research, the culprit was .NET framework 4. After installing it, windows would boot up very slow. I removed it. Here is more about it:

There are so many "net frameworks" flying around that not even Micro$haft knows which way is up. I download it only when it's either part of a critical Windows update or something required by some proggie I'm looking to run.