Microhard ware
Tazewell Techworks Ltd.
Electric Evolution
Supreme Systems, Inc.
Choice Computer Technologies
Tennetec Computers
Elite Systems
Fantastech
Here are some silly ones: "Press Any Key," "Big Beige Cupholders, Ltd." "Plug it in!" "BSOD" "Geeks United"
Compu-X
"Overclocked Computer Systems" sales upgrade repair networking
The PC Shack
CompMEXICO or USA
Overclockers, Inc. - (Are you still waiting on your computer? Let us Overclock it for you!)
Cyberspacers - (We live in the computer world so you don't have to).
RAID-0 - (Combining computer know how with the right system for you and making you twice as productive)
TCCE
the crazy computer experience
TACOS
TOTALLY AFFORDABLE COMPUTER OPERATION SERVICES :D
GEEC
GURU OF EXCELLENT ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS
Computer Junction
Ctrl R for Repair
Hardwarewizard
ComputerGarage
Repubic of Computer Repair
Sys-sol ( System Solutions)
Repair-IT-4u
Fatherboard ( funny)
Computer E-ssentials
TechMonkies "we don't byte"
Our bits byte
byte my bits
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

Hey everybody. :)

What about Tech Serve ?

I'm not good in this.
Wish you the best. :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

katana

Those were some fun names, Bladeshark!  8)

Thank you for adding your suggestion, Ahmad. It's been duly noted.  ;D
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

Daniil

Find a name for business is very difficult, but important. ("If you give the yacht a good name, it will do well"  ;D)

How about
Katana IT Support Service
K.I.S.S. for short.  ;D

Like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but much more feminine.  ;)

With a proper sign and advertizing this can be very effective. On the one hand, many female customers don`t call to "SUPER-DUPER DUAL CORE DIM DRAM BRAM SATA RAID ELECTONIC COMPONENTS GEEKS" - they will be feared only it name. On the other hand, computer geeks will go to the "K.I.S.S.", if it will have interesting poster (remember the CG girl on ATI videocard boxes).

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on July 06, 2012, 01:21 PM
How about
Katana IT Support Service
K.I.S.S. for short.  ;D
Like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but much more feminine.  ;)

That's splendid! It's the best suggestion yet. I hope Katana logs in soon to see what she thinks.

BTW Daniil, you write English very well. Did you learn it in school in St Petersburg or did you live for a while in an English speaking country?

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on July 10, 2012, 02:07 AM
BTW Daniil, you write English very well. Did you learn it in school in St Petersburg or did you live for a while in an English speaking country?

"Write well", but not "speak well", dear humbert. :) English language pronunciation has very many small features which are difficult for non-English-speaking.
Yes, I learned English at school, but they don't teached us well. It sounds like a joke, but I learned English mostly by computer games.  :D It begun in 2001, when I bought "Operation Flashpoint". It was translated to russian, but so bad and crazy, that I "spit farther than seen". So I take its stringtables, take stringtables from english demoversion, and by hands, string by string, repaired it. After that I always tried to find an original, english-speaking distributives of computer games, because I didn't belived our  "mutators" "translators".   :)  After OFp there was Fallout 1, 2, later 3, Hitmans, and many other... After this - M$ TechNet and Linux man-s. And I learned.   8)

But even now, here on forum, I sometimes go to Google Translator, because don't know some english words. For example, thought a long time before typed "pronunciation" in this message - didn't knew, how to translate russian word "proiznoshenie".

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on July 10, 2012, 08:16 AM
"Write well", but not "speak well", dear humbert. :) English language pronunciation has very many small features which are difficult for non-English-speaking.
Yes, I learned English at school, but they don't teached us well. It sounds like a joke, but I learned English mostly by computer games.  :D It begun in 2001, when I bought "Operation Flashpoint".

First of all, this business of small, hard-to-pronounce features exists every time someone tries to learn a foreign language and is by no means limited to English. When I used to travel on business I went to Thailand, and to the Thais my name was simply unpronouncable. Even in Portuguese which is very close to my native Spanish, there are several words and phrases that for me are difficult to grab and impossible to pronounce. I could go on and on an on. Indeed, the only way to truly speak and understand a language correctly is to learn it as a child (my case with English).

Speaking of English, despite what you told me I still believe yours is great. I only wish I could read and write Russian half as well as you do in English! By the way, may I make a suggestion? When you write something in Russian, please use the Cyrillic alphabet, then when you write the translation, write something like "pronounced...." with that same word in Latin characters. This gives me at least a small opportunity to learn something about the Cyrillic alphabet, which has long been a mystery to me. I guess I just hate the fact that, unlike many of you, I have to live and die by the Latin alphabet, which is all I can read or write.

Daniil

OK, humbert, I'll do as you ask. But must to warn you, that you may have problems in encoding of Cyrillic symbols on your PC, on some OS there is no preinstalled russian codepages.

We run far away from thread subject, let's wait till lady will come back to forum and check offered business names.  :D

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on July 11, 2012, 09:25 AM
OK, humbert, I'll do as you ask. But must to warn you, that you may have problems in encoding of Cyrillic symbols on your PC, on some OS there is no preinstalled russian codepages.

I wonder if you could answer a question for me. I noticed any character that can be copied and pasted from Windows character map can easily be seen on the forum.  I've seen the Chief type in arabic and, although I can't read it, it's obviously done correctly. My question concern typing the characters in using a Latin keyboard. Some can be looked up in the Unicode map, it's number converted to decimal and typed as Alt-xxxx - but for some reason some can't. For example, ñ is U=F1 (dec 241), so type Alt-0241 and it works. However, ā is 101h or 257d, but with that one nothing happens. I just noticed that if you go higher than 255d (FFh) it doesn't work. In any event, try the Cyrillic letters and let's see.

Quote from: Daniil on July 11, 2012, 09:25 AM
We run far away from thread subject, let's wait till lady will come back to forum and check offered business names.  :D

Katana's a busy lady, but she will be back sooner or later.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on July 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
I wonder if you could answer a question for me. I noticed any character that can be copied and pasted from Windows character map can easily be seen on the forum.  I've seen the Chief type in arabic and, although I can't read it, it's obviously done correctly. My question concern typing the characters in using a Latin keyboard. Some can be looked up in the Unicode map, it's number converted to decimal and typed as Alt-xxxx - but for some reason some can't. For example, ñ is U=F1 (dec 241), so type Alt-0241 and it works. However, ā is 101h or 257d, but with that one nothing happens. I just noticed that if you go higher than 255d (FFh) it doesn't work. In any event, try the Cyrillic letters and let's see.
Wow, never thought about this. Here we have keyboard with two languages, with russian chars and english chars. QWERTY after Alt+Shift is ЙЦУКЕН. To use this codepage, we installs Russian codepage when Windows setting up. Also we install russian codepage for non-unicode programms in "Regional and Language settings" (It's Windows-1251, as I remember). So question of using Alt+xxx-combos never rised.
Anyway, this forum engine uses Unicode so displaying non-latin symbols will not be a problem.
To your question - I think, if you want to use non-Latin symbols on Latin-only keyboard, forget  about Alt-combos. You will tire to type this numbers. Maybe you should use sort of on-screen keyboard?

Quote from: humbert on July 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
Katana's a busy lady, but she will be back sooner or later.
Yes. It will be interesting to talk with her.