• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

@tichuan -> Installing Windows 8 is the easy part. The more difficult part is activating it. Take a look at this link. Not only will you find keys but a way to activate it by phone. Check it out an let me know.

@gujjar -> When I first looked at Windows 8.1 several weeks ago I didn't like it too much. I found it a little too "cloudy" (dependent on the cloud) and hard to configure. I'll also be the first to tell you that there's a lot I don't know about it. I'm about to give this thing another look. If I can activate it by phone and have a hard time with it, I might back the whole thing up and restore Windows 8.

If there is one thing I know about computers and other technology, it's that upgrades are inevitable and generally not optional.

tlchuan

@usmangujjar -> it it just a being back the start button.

@humbert -> still unsuccess to activate, will try to look for other method 

humbert

@tichuan -> it's not so much that the activation method by phone didn't work, it's the fact that the key you used might have been blacklisted. The good thing is you can check those sites on a daily basis and try your luck on newly posted keys. You might be able to activate before it goes bad.

I for one am not in any real hurry. You can bet borrowed money that in no time at all you'll see 5000 activators on TPB and other sites. I believe gujjar just posted one.

gujjar -> what I find irritating and I'm glad it's gone is that stupid old start menu. I remember with Windows 7 and before, when you wanted to launch a program you'd click Start, then scroll up, then left, pick folder and go up, and down, then left again until FINALLY you got to your app. Now with the start screen, simply hit the Windows key and single click on a tile. All this plus the start screen is highly configurable so you see only what you use. The start menu is dead - GOOD RIDDANCE! I detest it.

tlchuan

Thank Brother usmangujjar and humbert for the guide

i have success active using KMSpico ver 9.0.3.20131029.

it work great just by pressing 1 button

Ahmad

Quote from: usmangujjar on November 04, 2013, 05:46 PM
I've been having a most peculiar problem the past few days. My computer will occasionally shutdown without any warning in the middle of whatever I'm doing at the time, web browsing or system is idle. some time pc works fine hours.
system is completely off with LCD, & when i press the power button, it does nothing. but after some minute when i press power bitton again it start normally.

what is the problem????????????????

I think this may be a power problem.
What about the electricity at your house?!
Sometimes, the Power supply doesn't start until it detects enough power. If the current is weak, it doesn't start... If you're already running the PC, it'll shutdown.
It happened with my cousin once.

May be  :-\
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

tlchuan

Bro usmangujjar, i facing the same problem as your for my laptop due to overheat for the laptop, it auto restart when the laptop go to hot as i do not have air condition in my room only using ceiling fan 

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on November 05, 2013, 05:01 PM
almost all apps in start screen are not working on my windows 8 enterprise. when i click on them, nothing does. only my antivirus & some installed programmes are working in this.
i have installed windows again, but this not solved.,,,,,,,help me

You're saying that when you touch WinKey and go to the start screen and single click on one of the tiles, nothing happens or what? Is it some tiles or all? Does this happen with metro apps also?

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on November 06, 2013, 06:11 AM
yes, i clicked winkey, some tilles (my installed programes tiles) are working. but the others as weather, pictures, calender, people, message etc. not working. when i click on them, nothing happen.

What if hit Winkey-Q and clicked their counterparts on the 2nd page? If even like this they don't work, you could try reinstalling the app.

tlchuan

Bro usmangujjar,

i from malaysia, u can try windows 8.1 pro it work for me

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on November 08, 2013, 05:27 PM
i have signed in Windows Maill app using my gmail, but their is no sign out option.
every time when i open this app it does not ask for my gmail password, it just take directly to the  inbox. what to do?
it is a serious problem for new users like me, now i uninstalled this app.
their is any good solution?

So far I have yet to find a Metro app I actually liked, or at least liked better than an equivalent desktop app. I think you did the right thing uninstalling it. There are tons of good email desktop apps you can use. To name just a few: Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Evolution, Incredimail..etc.