• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

My brothers new laptop arrived this week, and it came with windows 8 pre-installed. He wonders if it's possible to copy shortcuts from the metro page to the desktop.
Is it possible?

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 09, 2013, 10:26 PM
My brothers new laptop arrived this week, and it came with windows 8 pre-installed. He wonders if it's possible to copy shortcuts from the metro page to the desktop.
Is it possible?

I don't think so. One thing I did was locate the lnk file on some of them. Double-clicking doesn't so anything. You gotta keep something in mind - for Windows 8, the desktop is just one more metro app, whereas the real boss is the start screen.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on November 11, 2013, 04:54 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 09, 2013, 10:26 PM
Is it possible?

I don't think so. One thing I did was locate the lnk file on some of them. Double-clicking doesn't so anything. You gotta keep something in mind - for Windows 8, the desktop is just one more metro app, whereas the real boss is the start screen.
Yep, I guess. He seems happy with his new pc :)

Soliman

why you don't start with windows 8 copy? :-[

Shadow.97

Quote from: Soliman on December 08, 2013, 06:54 PM
why you don't start with windows 8 copy? :-[
Personally I think the answer will be that he does not  have enough time. Though I am not the one making the real answers here. Listen to the Admins/Maher himself

humbert

Doesn't KMSpico require a rearm every 180 days?

shhnedo

It's always better to use the manufacturer's drivers. They don't release them just for fun you know... If you're having problems with functionality, you're doing something wrong.

Shadow.97

Quote from: shhnedo on February 13, 2014, 12:12 PM
It's always better to use the manufacturer's drivers. They don't release them just for fun you know... If you're having problems with functionality, you're doing something wrong.
No you are incorrect. It's recommended on A-Data's homepage not to use Nvidia's motherboard drivers.
I think it was native trash collection or something like that, Nvidia's drivers had issues with.

iih

@shhnedo (Nvidias own driver) @iih (Nvidias own driver)+auto updates by Nvidias.
Yes, in this case i agree with shinedo, i have install nvidia with they own driver it work for me,
ie mine uses the old version nvidia G210 Geforce 1GB Ram memory DDR3 to drive 20inch LG LCD i get the optimum display resolution 1360x768 pix
refresh rate 60-75Hz and i get auto updates Nvidia on every new updates available
if i use by default (windows own) it doesn't and no Nvidia control panel on my desktop (to pop-ups this -> right click on desktop).
This Nvidias panel control is neccesary for me, to setup optimum 3d Graphic Nvidia
this specal for my sister she play the games ie Audition ONLINE to have optimum or
maximum FPS rate. because Audition ONLINE, i don't know other similar Games that send FPS control, if we Play Auditon with under FPS say 60 FPS then your Games in LAG condition. FPS (Frame Per seconds).
with Nvidias control panel are possible we adjust FPS rate up to 350 (depend on your Ram memory and VGA card ram memory)
my test stuff {Intel Core i7 3770K, Mobo ASUS Sabertooth Z77, RAM Patriot Intel Extreme 16 GB PC12800}

@usmangujjar (windows own default driver)
does you have Nvidia control panel option on Desktop? (right click on Desktop)
does you get Nvidia auto updates? If yes for this two questions, I should follow
and try to do like you did. IF NOT, i think you're doing something wrong.
All this just for our reference if we are using the uptodate windows ie windows 8
is not really neccesary to install 3rd party drivers because it was include by windows.
or better we ask someone else who have the same issue.

@iih @shadow
I get all those described by learning to do it correctly and my experience go to the Nvidias site and then select the model,
in accordance with the vga card is used, operating system, then do download that's it.
I'm not so clearly with usman
gujjar for his pc use its orientation
for me games and office work as well as graphics, and i don't know
what is the minimum requirements for this purpose.

Go Here
eqso.orari-digital.org:8888 YBØIX

Shadow.97

Quote from: iih on February 13, 2014, 05:49 PM
@shhnedo (Nvidia own driver) @iih (Nvidia own driver)+auto updates by Nvidia.
Yes, in this case i agree with shinedo, i have install nvidia with they own driver it work for me,
ie mine uses the old version nvidia G210 Geforce 1GB Ram memory DDR3 to drive 20inch LG LCD i get the optimum display resolution 1360x768 pix
refresh rate 60-75Hz and i get auto updates Nvidia on every new updates available
if i use by default (windows own) it doesn't and no Nvidia control panel on my desktop (to pop-ups this -> right click on desktop).

@usmangujjar (windows own default driver)
does you have Nvidia control panel option on Desktop? (right click on Desktop)
does you get Nvidia auto updates? If yes for this two questions, I should follow
and try to do like you did. IF NOT, i think you're doing something wrong.
All this just for our reference if we are using the uptodate windows ie windows 8
is not really neccesary to install 3rd party drivers because it was include by windows.
or better we ask someone else who have the same issue.
I do agree with that it is necessary to use it with the graphics card.