• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: usmangujjar on February 14, 2014, 04:05 PM
i installed latest version of Nvidia drivers, it gives a bundle of settings.
it may be good for games to set it for optimal performance.
It becomes really useless to use Optimal performance because it almost only looks at the graphics card. If I use optimal settings I wont be able to play anything as my CPU is bottlenecking my graphicscard.

humbert

@Shadow -> Remember when I asked you what was the point of getting a top-of-the-line graphics card if your CPU was old? You responded by saying it wasn't that bad. Which is it?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on February 19, 2014, 03:11 AM
@Shadow -> Remember when I asked you what was the point of getting a top-of-the-line graphics card if your CPU was old? You responded by saying it wasn't that bad. Which is it?
My full computer specifications I'm using on this computer:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1035T (2.6 ghz hexacore)
GPU: AMD 280X ASUS Top 2 (rebranded 7970 ghz edition with a newer core I think it was)
RAM: 6GB Kingston 1333Mhz RAM
PSU:  Corsair CW750 750W (bronze)
Case: Phantom 410 gun metal.
MOBO: Imedia S3220

I do have to loosen up on Anti Aliasing, but nothing else in most cases.

humbert

@Shadow -> Question: Why do you have to ease up on anti-aliasing? Doesn't the GPU do that? You've got a monster video card.

Seems to me your system would be great for mining Bitcoins. The price is pretty low right now, it's bound to go up.  ;) :)

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on February 23, 2014, 05:05 AM
@Shadow -> Question: Why do you have to ease up on anti-aliasing? Doesn't the GPU do that? You've got a monster video card.

Seems to me your system would be great for mining Bitcoins. The price is pretty low right now, it's bound to go up.  ;) :)
I actually tried mining when it was far up, but I didnt understand how my coins would end up in the wallet. So I quit. Also I dont think anti aliasing does very much and it often takes plenty on the cpu. Also, Yes now after a while I think I should have gone for a 270x instead just because of sweetspot

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 24, 2014, 01:21 PM
I actually tried mining when it was far up, but I didnt understand how my coins would end up in the wallet. So I quit. Also I dont think anti aliasing does very much and it often takes plenty on the cpu. Also, Yes now after a while I think I should have gone for a 270x instead just because of sweetspot

Hmmm.. that's interesting. As I understand it, somebody comes up with a complicated math problem and gives it to all the miners, and whoever solves it first wins - they do this with their GPU's. They pay the winner in Bitcoins, only I'm not too sure how many. I've tried to educate myself on the matter as much as possible, but there are still a few things I don't understand. For example, I wonder who it is that comes up with these math problems for miners to solve? Another thing I don't understand is why is there such a huge price difference between the different exchanges when you buy? Should you just go with the lower bid or what??

This is an interesting topic and definitely the thing of the future. Who else knows about this here?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on February 25, 2014, 04:40 AM

Hmmm.. that's interesting. As I understand it, somebody comes up with a complicated math problem and gives it to all the miners, and whoever solves it first wins - they do this with their GPU's. They pay the winner in Bitcoins, only I'm not too sure how many. I've tried to educate myself on the matter as much as possible, but there are still a few things I don't understand. For example, I wonder who it is that comes up with these math problems for miners to solve? Another thing I don't understand is why is there such a huge price difference between the different exchanges when you buy? Should you just go with the lower bid or what??

This is an interesting topic and definitely the thing of the future. Who else knows about this here?
Exactly. Though.. They have now come up with some board that calcs super efficiently, and thus, dropped the price of 280x(my graphics card) a lot, so if you're looking for a somewhat cheap graphicscard with a lot of horsepower, look for a 280x pre-used, price used here is 1800SEK, (250usd? Wild guess)
And I have lost my own hope on bitcoins, I'm going to stay with normal currencies.

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 20, 2014, 12:49 AM
Quote from: humbert on February 25, 2014, 04:40 AM

Exactly. Though.. They have now come up with some board that calcs super efficiently, and thus, dropped the price of 280x(my graphics card) a lot, so if you're looking for a somewhat cheap graphicscard with a lot of horsepower, look for a 280x pre-used, price used here is 1800SEK, (250usd? Wild guess)
And I have lost my own hope on bitcoins, I'm going to stay with normal currencies.
You could try litecoin mining.At first it is hard  you have to sync blockchains with your LTC wallet and after syncing it join a pool create a account and all transactions are store in your created pool's account that is your account and start mining.
Syncing block-chains is better if u download bootstrap.dat via their torrent which does 80% of your syncing job and rest 20% syncing occurs pretty fast take care that your select your LTC data directory as D drive or another partition which puts more load on windows which ultimately leads tremendous to slow performance.
I'm mining with radeon 5750 @128-160kh/s with intensity 14 and use cgminer for mining.Refer LTC website for more info.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 05, 2014, 11:21 AM
You could try litecoin mining.At first it is hard  you have to sync blockchains with your LTC wallet and after syncing it join a pool create a account and all transactions are store in your created pool's account that is your account and start mining.
Syncing block-chains is better if u download bootstrap.dat via their torrent which does 80% of your syncing job and rest 20% syncing occurs pretty fast take care that your select your LTC data directory as D drive or another partition which puts more load on windows which ultimately leads tremendous to slow performance.
I'm mining with radeon 5750 @128-160kh/s with intensity 14 and use cgminer for mining.Refer LTC website for more info.

If you went through all this and earned yourself a few litecoins, what do you do with them? Who accepts them other than TPB for donations? Also, the simple fact that you earned some using only an ultra-old and slow HD-5750 says a lot - you're one of the very few mining them. Imagine mining Bitcoins with that! You won't earn any ever.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 07, 2014, 04:34 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on June 05, 2014, 11:21 AM

If you went through all this and earned yourself a few litecoins, what do you do with them? Who accepts them other than TPB for donations? Also, the simple fact that you earned some using only an ultra-old and slow HD-5750 says a lot - you're one of the very few mining them. Imagine mining Bitcoins with that! You won't earn any ever.
Yes looking for an upgrade to 2xr7 265 or 2xr9270 or 2x r9 280x.