• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shhnedo

Question to Maher: are your 8.1 iso's based on the November 2014 Rollup images? And if not, will they bed? I suppose it would be easier for you to integrate a smaller number of updates(half the work is already done by MS).

Vasudev

shhnedo-> will those rollup images contain updates from day one to current updates?

shhnedo

^ Most probably. I mean there's no point in rolling out updated iso's if we're gonna have to update them all over again. Moreover, they're probably gonna be preparing retail DVDs with those images.

Vasudev

Probably it could contain only updates released in December for every supported OS be it x32 or x86-64 in all localizations.

Vasudev

shhnedo->YOou need to download each month's security release iso for keeping ur win up to date.
Here's the link which confirms it:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_update/do-i-need-all-months-for-security-updates-on-iso/2d8632cb-977d-4194-acbb-7f784edce9af

andarcavar

Amazing work! The latest November update was just fine. In the mean time Microsoft released an official MSDN unofficially called "update3" available since 15 December 2014.
We are waiting with interest future 2015 maher releases based on this latest winter update.

en_windows_8.1_pro_vl_with_update_x64_dvd_6050880.iso

This is the image I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

shhnedo

Quote from: Vasudev on December 20, 2014, 06:36 PM
shhnedo->YOou need to download each month's security release iso for keeping ur win up to date.
Here's the link which confirms it:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_update/do-i-need-all-months-for-security-updates-on-iso/2d8632cb-977d-4194-acbb-7f784edce9af

Wrong. That's why the Nov2014 update is called "rollup". Plus, it says clearly in the page I provided that the Nov2014 rollup includes all updates since the release of the last one in Apr2014.
QuoteThis November update rollup also includes all previous updates since the previous image update in April 2014.

shhnedo

Quote from: usmangujjar on December 21, 2014, 07:59 PM
question to all; for performance, Win7 is more better or 8.1 (with all updates)?
There are a number of cases where 8.1 outperforms 7(compared on the same hardware ofc).
Games, for example, have better driver optimization on 8.1.

Quote from: usmangujjar on December 21, 2014, 07:59 PMVasudev & Shhnedo: what are you saying? I need a latest W8.1 iso, with updates till Dec2014.
What I am saying is that the Nov2014 update announced by MS is like a service pack - it contains all previous updates up to november 2014. Same thing Maher's doing. If you want a Dec2014(most probably by Maher), you can get only the x86 version as Maher stated he won't be doing a Dec x64 iso.

My question a couple of posts back was whether Maher will be using a November 2014 Rollup (Update 3) iso, or he will continue using the current one.

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on December 21, 2014, 07:59 PM
question to all; for performance, Win7 is more better or 8.1 (with all updates)?

Having played around with both OS', for what I do Win 8.1 is the winner.

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on December 22, 2014, 07:21 PM
I know your answer, everytime you prefer Newest. In some days you will say win10 is better.

Not true. The simple fact that something is newer doesn't make it better. For example, I took a look at Office 2013 and didn't like it, so I deleted it and went back to Office 2010. Similarly, when Vista came out I never installed it - too many bad reviews. I decided to stick with XP until Win 7 was released.