• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 21, 2018, 02:32 AM
At work there's still windows 2003 servers active and handling very very important stuff.. and this is a super high security facility lol... I really wonder why they just dont migrate.. It wouldn't be that hard based on what it does..  Wish I was allowed to tell more.

If the hardware/software you have does what you want it to do, then obsolesence is a state of mind. Problems arise when newer software or hardware won't run on top of what you've got. If that's not happening then you're OK until it does.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on November 22, 2018, 05:52 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 21, 2018, 02:32 AM
At work there's still windows 2003 servers active and handling very very important stuff.. and this is a super high security facility lol... I really wonder why they just dont migrate.. It wouldn't be that hard based on what it does..  Wish I was allowed to tell more.

If the hardware/software you have does what you want it to do, then obsolesence is a state of mind. Problems arise when newer software or hardware won't run on top of what you've got. If that's not happening then you're OK until it does.
The problem is when it comes to national security.
It puts me at unease atleast.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 29, 2018, 11:46 AM
The problem is when it comes to national security.
It puts me at unease atleast.

You're right. Old OS's that are no longer updated are a prime target for hackers. All the more reason to keep updating, especially if a company's data is at risk.