• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What's Your Browser?

Started by The Nawab, August 13, 2012, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: The Nawab on August 22, 2012, 02:10 PM
QuoteAmazed, huh?

I've been using IE for life, tried every other browser, but never felt comfortable as I feel with IE.
It lacks lots of featuers other browsers has, but even though I only feel myself comfortable with IE.

My Doctor Sister, Who Had A Lot Interest In Computers During College Also Loved IE. I Never Understood Why.
I have a friend who always used I.E and i asked him why he didn't use another browser he simply said "I know the menu's and i know where my history is" i never got an answer when i asked why he didn't imported the data o_o

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on August 22, 2012, 11:43 PM
I have a friend who always used I.E and i asked him why he didn't use another browser he simply said "I know the menu's and i know where my history is" i never got an answer when i asked why he didn't imported the data o_o

I don't blame you a bit. IE is very user unfriendly and very often does things by itself in a way that you don't know what it's doing nor have any control.

Incidentally, if you must use IE for something and want Maxthon as a secondary browser when IE becomes necessary, check out the portable version at portableapps.com. Not only is Maxthon on tap for download, but there's a bunch of cool utilities you might want to check out. What I love about them is precisely that they're portable and won't mess with your registry or general setup. You can also put them on a USB drive and use them anywhere. If you don't like them, all you do is delete the directory they're in - as simple as that. There is no uninstall file anywhere, nor is one needed.

Just one thing - don't install them to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86) but rather to a separate directory on any drive you have (C: will work) and just create a shortcut.

Maher

Quote from: The Nawab on August 22, 2012, 02:10 PM
QuoteAmazed, huh?

I've been using IE for life, tried every other browser, but never felt comfortable as I feel with IE.
It lacks lots of featuers other browsers has, but even though I only feel myself comfortable with IE.

My Doctor Sister, Who Had A Lot Interest In Computers During College Also Loved IE. I Never Understood Why.
Since she has lots of interest in computers why don't you ask her join us :)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

The Nawab

She Had. Now She's A Busy Doc.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

There Is No God But Allah And Muhammad Is The Messenger Of Allah

Maher

Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

The Nawab

Sure! And I'll Definitely Ask Her To Join The Forum.

topdog

Quote from: The Nawab on August 22, 2012, 01:43 AM
@topdog,

Saw That. Seemed To Be Very Interesting As Based On A Chromium Project.

Yep. It's  Chromium based, almost identical to Chrome but without Chrome's  unique user ID so I don't have to run "Google Radar" or similar with it.
Unfortunately it doesn't have  an on-board Flash Player so  have had to re-install Adobe ( AFP from v 11 on chews up browsers on my pc ? so had to find an old version)
Also Iron has a  portable release and I didn't find any of the Chrome portables very good.
Main reason I prefer Chromium browsers is their layout and nothing to do with performance.
(Don't like Dragon, it's too security orientated, I had to change settings every time I wanted to do something new)
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

Ahmad

Quote from: topdog on August 22, 2012, 12:01 AM

Iron. My choice of browser these days + FF/Tor

Is this the homepage of Iron browser?
http://www.srware.net/en/

Thanks.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

The Nawab

topdog

Well yep, that's SRWare's home page and I'm sure everyone can find their way to the Iron page from there, but to make life easy here it is. http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!