• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Feeling Hopeless...

Started by The VeToMiNaToR, October 21, 2012, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The VeToMiNaToR

I recently fucked up my laptop (the Screen Backlight went dead) then came the Dell Service & Support & took my laptop "Dell XPS l702x" for repair & guess what...
when they brought It back, I read the documents that they have changed almost every part (the whole fuckin motherboard & screen) except the HDD, so... when I turned It onn. clicked on Battlefield 3.exe It didn't start, first I thought: ahh, lets just reinstall the drivers, so I downloaded the latest one from Nvidia (my graphic card is GT550m) & when I start Installing It says: no compatible device found on this pc. I was like: HOOOLY FUUUCKKINGG SHIITT (OOMMFFGG those motherfuckkers changed my graphic card WTFF) then I went to Nvidia's page & tried the Auto-Detect (graphic card) option, & It said that I got GTS 450, WTFF!?? as long as I know GTS is for Desktop only.

Then I made a stupid move while being in panic...  I Re-Installed Windows using NoMaherez release (Win7 Ultimate64x July) first It came up with an error something like: It needs a CD/DVD drivers bla bla bla... (then I restarted the laptop & tried again then It went fine so I formated the HDD)

All I got from Dell Service & Support is this document saying:

QuoteParts Changed:

Cables - ASSY,CBL,LVDS/CMRA,L702X    5TY2P
Motherboard - ASSY,PWA,PLN,DIS,1G,L702X    JJVYM
LCD Panel - LCD,17.3HDF+,WLED,TLF,V2,CMI    KPMRT

Does all this have something to do with that I got 2 graphic cards on my laptop: IntelHD 3000 & Nvidia GT550m !?
& yeah I'm pretty sure that the GTS series doesn't exist for laptops (because Geforce series for laptops has the lower case "m" letter at the end like GT550m).
When I check with auto-detect GPU from the nvidia.com site It detects that I have GTS 450, ***!? Then I went MAD & downloaded the fuckin GTS 450 driver that It recommended me, & guess what... It Fits It didnt gave me the error: "none compatible device found bla bla bla..." during the setup.
but when It finished Installing... the Control Panel appeared on the TaskBar but when I click to open It It says:

QuoteNVIDIA Display Settings are not available.
You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU.

dammnn.... I feel so DOOOMED. I cannot afford to send It back to swiss again for repair (because I live in Kosova (Albania) I had to order the laptop to Swiss (to my Aunt) & then found a way to bring It here to me. this is why I feel so Hopeless for this case. hope any of you guyz experienced this before & help me out of this.
Science flies you to the moon... Religion flies you into buildings

humbert

It seems to me that Dell gave you almost a brand new computer, one with is clearly imcompatible with whatever drivers or configurations was on there previously. This is entirely possible due to fact that things generally become obsolete very fast and have to be replaced with newer stuff because it's all that's available.

I'd suggest a clean wipe and starting from scratch. You can get all drivers from drp.su assuming someone can download it for you if you can't. Who knows - those Dell people might even have a driver CD for the new board they gave you.

chinamike

Hi depressed :\
I know how you feel, especially from the opposite side of the fence as it were. I used to sell computers and related hardware and of course there was the customer service end of it. We would send messed up systems under warranty for customers back to the factory and 3 out of 5 times something went wrong.

I want to give you some advice for the future, OK? Firstly, back up anything you don't want to lose on a secondary removable disk. You could have hooked up a PC monitor to it via cable or usb so don't say you could not have seen anything. If issues with the OS, then always have a Live Linux CD flavour available so you CAN go in and retrieve data.

Second, save all electronic sales receipts and warranty paperwork. It isn't that hard. I have a manilla folder in my closet stuffed with that kind of stuff. Also never throw away packaging for electronics for at least ONE MONTH after you buy something, just so you can repack it, take it back and get a fresh system, regardless.

Now that being said, take your Dell system back, don't yell or get upset. Talk to the customer service reps politely but firmly (if this is over the phone, chances are you are being routed out to the Philippines, Mexico, etc--ask for the FLOOR SUPERVISOR). Then explain before you send it back, you want them to pay for all shipping costs. Get the super's name and employee #. Also get a direct phone number right then in case you get disconnected during transfers and so on.

Don't keep messing with it! Take it/send it back right away.

All the best!

China Mike
http://cantolife.blogspot.com

Daniil

@ The VeToMiNaToR
Don't panic, comrade.
NVidia sometimes made crazy things with its drivers! Your problem with drivers is because of an old driver wasn't uninstalled successfully.
humbert idea about reinstall Windows from scratch is correct, but if you don't want to destry all your OS, you may try to use Driver Sweeper or read this forum. Clean previous installed NVidia drivers from system. After uninstalling and cleaning old drivers, re-install the correct drivers and all will be fine.

Btw, if that punks in Service-Support center repaired your notebook, they (well, as a rule) must return to you a notebook with correct parts. I.e., if you gave them notebook with NVidia GT550m, they must replace it with similar GT550m, or, if they replacing it with cheaper part, they must notified you about this (by a document!) and return to you "price difference"!

The VeToMiNaToR

Quote from: humbert on October 22, 2012, 08:18 PM
It seems to me that Dell gave you almost a brand new computer, one with is clearly imcompatible with whatever drivers or configurations was on there previously. This is entirely possible due to fact that things generally become obsolete very fast and have to be replaced with newer stuff because it's all that's available.

I'd suggest a clean wipe and starting from scratch. You can get all drivers from drp.su assuming someone can download it for you if you can't. Who knows - those Dell people might even have a driver CD for the new board they gave you.

NEW!? huuhhh... you mean a MORE damaged one than I had, Its driving me crazy, I just noticed that they've even changed my Wireless Card (I had "Intel Centrino N-1000") now I got Wifi 1000BGN.

The VeToMiNaToR

Quote from: Daniil on October 23, 2012, 12:34 PM
@ The VeToMiNaToR
Don't panic, comrade.
NVidia sometimes made crazy things with its drivers! Your problem with drivers is because of an old driver wasn't uninstalled successfully.
humbert idea about reinstall Windows from scratch is correct, but if you don't want to destry all your OS, you may try to use Driver Sweeper or read this forum. Clean previous installed NVidia drivers from system. After uninstalling and cleaning old drivers, re-install the correct drivers and all will be fine.

Btw, if that punks in Service-Support center repaired your notebook, they (well, as a rule) must return to you a notebook with correct parts. I.e., if you gave them notebook with NVidia GT550m, they must replace it with similar GT550m, or, if they replacing it with cheaper part, they must notified you about this (by a document!) and return to you "price difference"!

I think Its more of a HardWare problem because Ive tried EVERYTHING.

humbert

Quote from: The VeToMiNaToR on October 24, 2012, 01:15 PM

Of that there is no question. These guys changed the hardware on you but never bothered to change anything on your hard drive. This means Windows is trying to run your computer with the wrong drivers installed.

Is there any chance of you filing a claim against these guys, all the time using your owners manual (if you have one or can download a PDF) and a program like Aida so you can have a clear "before and after" picture of your hardware? If not, then I suggest backing up personal data (videos, music, pictures etc) and reformatting from scratch. I know it's a pain but I see no other way. The hardware data on your Windows and the real hardware on your computer don't match up.

Daniil

@ The VeToMiNaToR
Oh, I feel for you, comrade. That's a very bad situation indeed. Many of "rustlers of IT" are like this. They do not deserve the right to call business people. I saw situation almost like this, here in Russia. One of my clients, before comes to me, used a services of one firm. When her notebook was broken (that was almost new and valuable notebook), they said to her that that notebook in unreparable, and give her a computer which is a) - tabletop (!) b) - 30% cheaper (!!) c) - with BTX-format case (!!! Where they can find it here?!!!)
(By my suspicions based on her explanations, notebook just had a HDD glitch.) I suspect that this "service" punks just want to drop a rare and difficult to repair BTX barebone to somebody. We'll try to rescue her notebook, but, unfourtunately, a chances is miserable.

If you have warranty notices, or some documents which descript a notebook configuration, and if laws of your country allows, you can try to use a kind of a consumer protection systems.

The VeToMiNaToR

Quote from: humbert on October 24, 2012, 06:46 PM
Quote from: The VeToMiNaToR on October 24, 2012, 01:15 PM

Of that there is no question. These guys changed the hardware on you but never bothered to change anything on your hard drive. This means Windows is trying to run your computer with the wrong drivers installed.

Is there any chance of you filing a claim against these guys, all the time using your owners manual (if you have one or can download a PDF) and a program like Aida so you can have a clear "before and after" picture of your hardware? If not, then I suggest backing up personal data (videos, music, pictures etc) and reformatting from scratch. I know it's a pain but I see no other way. The hardware data on your Windows and the real hardware on your computer don't match up.

aawww... of course I've tried formating the Windows I even tried flashing the BIOS, I EVEN "EVEN" tried modifying the NvidiaDriver-Setup to Fit with the Instance Path of the Graphic Card. & Same ERROR's as before.
They Replaced My motherboard with a Damaged one. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh :@:@:@:@

The VeToMiNaToR

Quote from: Daniil on October 24, 2012, 08:59 PM
@ The VeToMiNaToR
Oh, I feel for you, comrade. That's a very bad situation indeed. Many of "rustlers of IT" are like this. They do not deserve the right to call business people. I saw situation almost like this, here in Russia. One of my clients, before comes to me, used a services of one firm. When her notebook was broken (that was almost new and valuable notebook), they said to her that that notebook in unreparable, and give her a computer which is a) - tabletop (!) b) - 30% cheaper (!!) c) - with BTX-format case (!!! Where they can find it here?!!!)
(By my suspicions based on her explanations, notebook just had a HDD glitch.) I suspect that this "service" punks just want to drop a rare and difficult to repair BTX barebone to somebody. We'll try to rescue her notebook, but, unfourtunately, a chances is miserable.

If you have warranty notices, or some documents which descript a notebook configuration, and if laws of your country allows, you can try to use a kind of a consumer protection systems.

The Problem is that "I DO NOT LIVE in SWITZERLAND" my foot never/ever took a step outside Albanian Lands. My Aunt lives in Switzerland, She had to buy It for me & then found a way to smuggle It here, but since my Aunt is Old (50+ years) She doesnt have a Clue about TECH. so She doesnt even know how to explain the problem on phone to them. thats why I said: I feel so DOOOMED. I had to work 4 years for that Laptop. & I enjoyed It for 4 months.