• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Please help me.

Started by Mark08, December 08, 2012, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark08

Hello everybody. I'm in huge need of great minds.

So I've dowloaded the latest torrent of Win7, from Maher. (Microsoft.Windows.7.Ultimate.SP1.x64.Integrated.November.2012-Maherz.[www.nomaher.com]) Got it and it's in RAR format. Thought it would be in ISO so I start checking for converters. Got down UltaISO and was about to convert it but noticed that it's already an ISO file. Alright. (I did try to convert it tho, and it ended up as a RAR.)

So I get WinToFlash. Starting it and trying to find the ISO. It doesn't show up as ISO. In fact, it doesn't show the file at all. So I extract the RAR, hoping that it'll end up into one big huge fine ISO. It ends up into other files. Installation files, exe etc. But not an ISO.

I've searched through the forum and can't find a solution. I beg for your knowledge. I want the win7 on an USB stick, so I can install it. I've downloaded UltraISO, PowerISO, WinToFlash, Rufus. Nothing helps me. I'm probably doing something wrong but can't see it.

Best regard,
Mark

brunlea

Quote from: Mark08 on December 08, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hello everybody. I'm in huge need of great minds.

So I've dowloaded the latest torrent of Win7, from Maher. (Microsoft.Windows.7.Ultimate.SP1.x64.Integrated.November.2012-Maherz.[www.nomaher.com]) Got it and it's in RAR format. Thought it would be in ISO so I start checking for converters. Got down UltaISO and was about to convert it but noticed that it's already an ISO file. Alright. (I did try to convert it tho, and it ended up as a RAR.)

So I get WinToFlash. Starting it and trying to find the ISO. It doesn't show up as ISO. In fact, it doesn't show the file at all. So I extract the RAR, hoping that it'll end up into one big huge fine ISO. It ends up into other files. Installation files, exe etc. But not an ISO.

I've searched through the forum and can't find a solution. I beg for your knowledge. I want the win7 on an USB stick, so I can install it. I've downloaded UltraISO, PowerISO, WinToFlash, Rufus. Nothing helps me. I'm probably doing something wrong but can't see it.

Best regard,
Mark

I dont know where you are going wrong here but first of all maher's torrent is not in RAR like you put it cos I've downloaded of November's Update and it is ISO.

All you have to do is insert a blank DVD in writer and burn it with the minimum speed possible using imgburn or any other burner you fancy.

Mark08

Depending on which program I open it with, it both says it's an ISO and RAR. It has the RAR icon as well.

Thing is that I want to put it on USB-stick. But since it seems to be such a problem, I might consider putting it on DVD. Preferable the USB.

Any suggestions, please?

brunlea

Quote from: Mark08 on December 08, 2012, 02:16 PM
Depending on which program I open it with, it both says it's an ISO and RAR. It has the RAR icon as well.

Thing is that I want to put it on USB-stick. But since it seems to be such a problem, I might consider putting it on DVD. Preferable the USB.

Any suggestions, please?

To be honest im lost here as what exactly is the problem...if its a RARed, all you have to do is unrar it using a Winrar and then you can burn it on DVD or USB. like i said I've downloaded every maher's torrents non of them been RARed.

But if you think you have downloaded a RARed torrent. Then i suggest you redownload the torrent and i can assure you that it will not be RARed, it will be an ISO and then simply you can burn it on whatever you want to burn it on.

Ahmad

@Mark08. :)

As brunlea said .. The torrent you have downloaded is an ISO file .. It takes the RAR icon just because you made WinRAR the default program to open ISO files.
Untick the option "Hide extensions for known file types" from folder options, and you'll see whether the file is .iso or .rar.

For installing Windows 7 from USB, the required file is the ISO file you've downloaded without extraction. Try any of these tools:

This is a tool from Microsoft to do that:
Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool

Also, you can try Rufus

Also, you can try WinToFlash. But note that WinToFlash needs the folder of the Windows, so you have to extract the ISO file or mount it to a virtual drive like Daemon tools.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.